EB3A shows overload when not overloaded

I got a DSP update (v2056.15) is this a different one, or this will solve the bug?

@Raalli Yes, another firmware. Please try updating to see if the problem can be solved.

My EB3A also have the overload problem, please push a firmware date to me and see if it can fix the problem.

my EB3A2235001176274, i think it is the serial number, also there is a barcode # 80368QC22351032

current ARM v2057.11
current DSP v2056.10

@super80 OK. The firmware will be pushed after the weekend. Iā€™m sorry for the inconvenience caused you.

Having overload issue any time i leave the unit plugged in. Has happened without any load it just says OVERLOAD , AC indicator flashing and displays 89% battery even though it was constantly plugged to mains. It has also happened while using AC output with around 50watt max load. Always while on UPS. Kind of disappointing as I was hoping to use it for my desktop in case there are outages and it just randomly cuts power so it would have caused more power losses than preventing and that was with loads under 60watts. Unit is on standard charging mode in well ventilated area.
SN: EB3A2236006569959

1 Like

My EB3A is having the issue described here where when left plugged into wall, it will trip the ā€˜Overloadā€™ when left on a day or two both when it has no A/C load and when it has modest (~55W) A/C load.

Last night this recurred while trying to use this as a UPS to protect against power outagesā€¦ and being woken up by a defective EB3A means I canā€™t rely on it for UPS functionality as advertised.

@BLUETTI_CARE
Can you please push a firmware fix. Thank you.

Does the firmware fix confidently fix this issue of false overload?

SN: EB3A2237002033491
P/N:17.0301.1033-02A2

ARM: v2062.02
DSP: v2056.10

Please provide me with the DSP,ARM version as well, thank you.

@eb3a_overload_issue The firmware will be pushed in 12 hours.

@BLUETTI_CARE Thank you for pushing it.

Confirming that ~3 hrs ago I flashed v2056.15 and then continued trying the device as a UPS w/ ~80W.

After 3 hrs it failed again with Fault A001 Inverter Overload.

I now see that thereā€™s a second step of firmware (v2056.16) I need to flash and Iā€™ll do so and then confirm the outcome.

@BLUETTI_CARE

I proceeded with the DSP firmware flash attempt from v2056.15 ā†’ 16.

It reports successful flash, but then the DSP is still v2056.15 when I go back into the settings on Bluetti phone app. I unbound and re-bound my device in app but that didnā€™t fix it.

Please advise how to flash to v2056.16 to avoid the false ā€˜successfully flashedā€™ issue.

At the current time this device demonstrated that the v2056.15 firmware did not address the issue.

@eb3a_overload_issue The background record query shows that you have successfully upgraded to 2056.16. Do you mean that your phone still displays firmware version 2056.15? By the way, we have sent you an ARM update, please try upgrading the APP to the latest version and give it a try.

1 Like

Yes, my phone still displays DSP firmware as version 2056.15 with an option to upgrade to 2056.16.

I left the unit trying to UPS today after the seemingly failed 2056.15->16 attempts and it went 8 hrs before failing again with Fault A001 on the same ~80W load.

Iā€™ll try to upgrade the android app version and then try the ARM update.

Thank you for pushing those.

Ok.

ARM upgrade complete from v2062.02 ā†’ v2062.05.
DSP on phone continues to show v2056.15 with option to Download and Start an upgrade to v2056.16.
Android app current as of v2.1.5 which was released Oct 20 2023. (Was at this version when I went to check it)

Iā€™ll try using it as UPS tomorrow when I wake up and share my results here.

@eb3a_overload_issue Yes. Our test results do show that it will display the old version after the DSP firmware upgrade successfully, and our engineers are investigating the cause. I look forward to your feedback if your problem has been solved after updating the ARM firmware.

@BLUETTI_CARE It failed with same characteristics after running for 5hrs today and the ARM didnā€™t fix it.

What are the next troubleshooting steps?

@eb3a_overload_issue The problem that disply the old version after the DSP firmware upgrade was solved and the DSP firmware was pushed again, please update it again and check again. Iā€™m sorry for the inconvenience.

@BLUETTI_CARE After seeing your message, I performed the DSP upgrade steps of ā€˜Downloadā€™ ā†’ ā€˜Startā€™.

When the upgrade completed and re-connected to the device, my phone app now shows the correct version v2056.16. So the newest variant of v2056.16 resolves the incorrect version displayed issue.

What are the next steps for the EB3A failing with an overload error when it shouldnā€™t be overloading? Do you have an estimate related to when a fix may be available?

Iā€™m glad youā€™re helping and responsive, but Iā€™m also nervous that this was first reported in March and it doesnā€™t seem to be fixed.

@eb3a_overload_issue Iā€™m sorry it is the latest firmware. If the firmware upgrade canā€™t solve the problem, the EB3A may need to be returned for repair.

I am having the same issue with the overload warning after about 20 hours under 50w load and plugged into grid.

There is no new firmware available to me from the app.

S/N 2330004505326
ARM v2062.03
DSP v2056.13

@Goldi The firmware has been pushed. You can update the firmware and check if the problem can be solved.