EB3A shows overload when not overloaded

A short update. I had done an exchange request with Bluetti last week. The unit arrived on friday 4/21 and I’ve been running in UPS mode on a truck fridge and it’s been going strong with no issues. On the previous unit, running it this way would result in the overload error fairly quickly.
I’m going to keep it like this thru this coming friday just to say it ran fine for a week.

@darthwheels The serial number consists of 13 Arabic numbers, can you check again please?

I’ve run my replacement EB3A in UPS mode with about 20watts of load. No problems after more than a week of operation. The old unit would fault within around 8 hours. It is running DSP 2056.10

If this problem is resolved, then my overall review of this model is extremely positive. Customer service was not optimal because it was based out of China, but I was provided a replacement unit much faster than I thought, and they threw in a little bonus.

On the 9th day of the test in UPS mode, I got the overload error on the replacement unit.
As my use case really is connecting it to the car cig plug and plugging my fridge into it using the 12 volt, it’s not going to affect me too much. But it’s still disappointing having a UPS that commits suicide randomly like this. I was going to move it into a UPS role and upgrade to the next model, but now I have to rethink my plans.
BTW Bluetti customer service is 10/10. It just seems the inverter design on these needs an overhaul.

Same issue here. Brand new EB3A plugged into AC running small DC fridge throws AC overload and starts running down battery. I’m on 2056.10 firmware.

My brother in-law purchased a EB3A to UPS his office computer upon my advise. His unit already has the .12 firmware on it. It is powering a 100W load in UPS mode and has shutdown with overload. He is returning it to Amazon via their return process.

Common Bluetti, I really want to like the EB3A, but it has a problem and should not be sold until it is fixed. Either that or explicitly say that it should not be used as a UPS unit. I bought 3 and 2 of them have the overload issue, had to return it to Bluetti at my own shipping cost.

2 Likes

New EB3A owner here. Noticed the noisy fan PWM hum right away. And then the random shutdowns started. 2 so far within 24hrs. It seems Bluetti has pushed a firmware update today v2056.13, I’m testing it right now. If it doesn’t fix it, I’ll return it. What a bummer, it’s a great little unit.

Don’t bother with the update. It made it significantly worse.
Failed within 2hrs instead of every 12hrs.
I did notice the unit felt quite warm for being idle. Seems heat related.
The EB3A is now boxed up and will be returned to Amazon. =(

I don’t think it is heat related, but is definitely a problem that affects many but not all EB3A. Preventing it to be used as a UPS. I have 3 of these, 2 fails with overload while the 3rd unit is OK. Started with .10, updates to .12 without improvement. I really want to like this, and my 3rd unit is great. But 2/3 failure rate is not good. In failing units, this can be easily reproduced, so Bluetti should pause sales of this until there is a fix.

1 Like

I bought external fans, tested again and it still failed in UPS mode after less than an hour.
It’s definitely not heat related. Seems software/firmware related.
I’ve packaged it up and sent it for replacement through Bluetti.

1 Like

Help!! Just got my EB3A few months ago and it ‘overcharged’ twice in UPS mode. Like many others I’m using this for my modem / router plugged into AC 24/7. Now it won’t charge.

Same problem here. They told me to upgrade firmware and it seemed to help for about a week now I got the overload again with nothing turned on. Each time I get it the battery goes from 100% down to about 90ish %.

I have a similar problem with my EB3A. I purchased it to use it mainly as a UPS, but when I leave it on the grid, and have the AC port on, it says overload after 24-48 hours. Not great for a UPS. Have downloaded the latest updates…

1 Like

So frustrated with the EB3A. Despite the many features that made it attractive, problems are adding up. First the annoying buzzing and fan grinding noise. I might have been able to live with that but I now have the Overload issue. I am still within Amazon return limit and thinking if this goes on without a fix, it is time to give up on this model and return.

I have v2062.03 and DSP v2056.10. I do not have an option to upgrade firmware available in the app. Is the latest 2067.02 and 2066.02 worth trying, and if so, can you send upgrade to unit EB3A2240007690997?
Thanks

Could you send firmware upgrade to EB3A2240007690997
Thanks

The engineer has pushed you the new firmware. Please try updating and see if the problem is resolved

@JohnA @Smky143 @MaxWedge @phsbr
I’m very sorry for the late reply. Have you contacted the CS team and updated firmware?

Thank you but I just packed it and sent it back to Bluetti for a refund.

The firmware in place is ARM: v2062.03 and DSP: v2056.13.