EB3A shows overload when not overloaded

New DSP firmware to .12 version. Same problem. It’s boxed up and waiting for an RMA.

Has anybody had a firmware update to the DSP fix this problem?

RMA prepaid label received, shipped the EB3A back today. Given the number people with similar issues, I just hope a replacement unit will be the solution. Apparently the unit must be received and inspected (it goes to Plano, Texas) before Bluetti will ship the replacement. I’m glad I kept the original boxes. Anxious to get the replacement unit.

Maybe the shipping delay will give them some more time to send you a fixed unit rather than the same situation.
I have 3 units, 1 is working for a few days on original firmware so far, 1 is still failing with new firmware, 1 has failed and is now running for 2 days with new firmware. Who do you email to get RMA label? I might be tempted to just drive to the US and return them to Amazon for a refund.

The RMA comes from 'service". The email is service@bluettipower.com
They’ll want the SN of the unit and a photo of the boxed unit to show it’s properly packaged. Return all the cables. Might be different for out of USA return.

I am in touch with them now, but it is a little hard for me as I bought it from Amazon USA when I was on a road trip and now am back in Canada. I know they have a Canadian depot, but logistically is complicated. I don’t really want to drive 2 hours each way and line up at the border to return this.

Unit 1 - Failed with overload after 70 hours - Updated to 2056.12 - Failed again after 5 hours
Unit 2 - Failed with overload after 10 hours - Updated to 2056.12 - Working for 48 hours so far
Unit 3 - Working OK for 5 days so far

How long do you think they have to work for before there is confidence that it is OK?

Since they do business worldwide, there must be a way. Good luck, no matter the reason, border lineup’s no fun. As for confidence, I’m just hoping the replacement units are tested and reliable.

For what’s it’s worth their service team is at least talking to me via email and trying to work something out. But it seems like they only email at night so our correspondence is a little slow.

I really like Bluetti unit, lots of functions, standard connectors, LFP cells. My EB70 is flawless, just these EB3A doesn’t behave well when plugged into AC. I hope they will find a fix. Maybe the AC60 will be better?

Please provide the EB3A SN code.
Is your machine always in AC charging UPS mode? Please enter the APP to check if the turbo mode is off

Too bad this forum doesn’t provide for private messages. Informative AC60 review by WaveformScience on YouTube. Good data, tests and comparisons.

You can do PM, you have click on the name of the person and then click the message button on the profile page.

I am in discussion with serve regarding logistics for an exchange. Having fully sort it out yet but they are helpful and trying.

I really hope that Bluetti fixes the EB3A issues, with a UPS function on a relatively powerful inverter, at reasonable cost, this is pretty much the ideal UPS device. The battery is small for a power station, but pretty large compared to most UPS. This will give a full sized desktop computer say 30 minute of run time, where a normal UPS will give it maybe 5 minutes. It also have a lot more useful feature compare to a traditional UPS. But if it to be useful as a UPS, it must work for >1 year without shutting down, “overloading” ever few hours, or even every few weeks won’t do.

1 Like

Update for us here…
Bought 3 EB3A mid March from Amazon USA, all operating in UPS mode powering AC loads of 20-35W

1. Operating well for 1 week so far
  2. Failed with overload error in 10 hrs, updated to 2056.12 DSP, running for 5 days so far
  3. Failed with overload error in 3 days, updated to 2056.12 DSP, failed again after 6 hr and 4 hrs, working with Bluetti for replacement

I am not going to touch unit 1 and 2 to see if they can last a month. I really hope they can.
Thanks everyone for the support and feedback

My 2nd unit that is updated to 2056.12 DSP failed again with “inverter overload” powering 20W after 6 hrs.

1. Operating well for 8 days so far
  2. Failed with overload error in 10 hrs, updated to 2056.12 DSP, failed again after 6 days, need to seek replacement
  3. Failed with overload error in 3 days, updated to 2056.12 DSP, failed again after 6 hr and 4 hrs, working with Bluetti for replacement

I am pretty sure that 2056.12 DSP update is not a good solution to the inverter overload issue, at least not 2 of my failed units with SN EB3A223901xxxxxxx

Following up, it’s been about a month since I first posted with the OVERLOAD issue with the EBA3A. Bluetti has been responsive, first with an updatd DSP, and when that didn’t work, they replaced the unit, which I got today. It has the ‘original’ DSP 2056.10, not the 2056.12DSP. May not matter. Hoping the issue was just in the old unit. I did have two errors, indicating inverter fault and grid relay failure, so maybe the replaced unit will do better. Hope all others with similar issues get resolved.

I also have the same problem overload error in UPS mode. About 80 W load (1 computer, Router + DSL modem)

I also have problems with the app. I cannot login/register. If I go to offline mode, (bluetooth). The main page is Ok but the settings page quits the app if I try to change something.

So far I am not impressed.

A brief update. Bluetti sent me a replacement EB3A because of the OVERLOAD issue. I will have to wait to test it until later in the month because I’m traveling. They are also sending me some free gifts to help persuade me to change my Amazon review. If the replacement unit works as advertised I will be happy to give them a higher review. Customer service has been responsive.

1 Like

I am suffering from unknown “Overload” trips while unit is operating in UPS mode. It did not happen until about 1 week after operating. This is the second unit I have gotten.

Below is my note to the repair group:

Please note, this unit operates well when used in UPS mode with my computer system (less than 50 watts) but the unit would trip off and indicate “Overload”. It requires 3 pushes of the AC Power button to reset and put power back to the computer. This has happened at least 4 times, the first occurring approximately 2 weeks after first installing. The time between the trips got shorter to where it was almost daily. I don’t want to expose my computer system to these random and unexplained trips.

Since arranging for its return and replacement, I have connected it to my aquarium light and pump next to my computer area and noted that it randomly blinks the light and pump perhaps two to three times a day, but it does not go into “Overload”. The unit continues to operate in “UPS” mode with no failure. I also hear the cooling fan come on occasionally with the top of the unit being warm (not Hot) to the touch. I would expect that in UPS mode, the Inverter would not be operating with any load but be ready to accept load if the power were to fail. I have simulated this by simply unplugging the ac input cord while the unit was supplying power to my aquarium. Power is off for less than a second before the inverter takes the load. UPS light will go off but reappears once power is restored to the Bluetti. did this also when I first got the unit with my computer system attached and noted nothing strange as the computer was able to ride thru this disturbance.

I hope this helps to troubleshoot the problem. It is a well thought out design allowing charging from the built in AC rectifier rather than the cumbersome DC charger block that accompanies the other units. Perhaps an add on battery pack for additional run time would be a good option. Hopefully the replacement unit will not have the same problem.

I have 3 of these, all meant to be used in UPS mode powering 30W of networking equipment each. 2 of them suffers from overload shutdown, updating to 2056.12 didn’t help, returned for refund.

My 3rd unit running 2056.10 doesn’t overload, but now overheats as the ambient temp increased to 30C. Oddly, the cooling fan doesn’t come on in UPS mode, but when I take it to a cooler place and charge it, the fans to run. I think there is something wrong with the fan firmware that makes us easy to overheat in UPS mode with a small load.

Sure,

So i leave it plugged in all the time in UPS mode, all that is plugged in is a single USB C cable used to charge either headphones or a Galaxy/ipad. Not sure how long until it hits overload state but I can check every couple of days and sure enough its dead and in overload.

SN is 90154QC22380633.

Turbo is off, it is on Silent mode.