EB3A shows overload when not overloaded

I tried but now the app doesn’t show my device and when I try to add it I get this error message.

What’s going on now?

This seems to be common issue.

The 2nd of my 3 unit (SN EB3A2239010002227) now has shown the AC overload problem about 70 hrs of operation. It was in UPS mode powering a modem running 30W AC. DSP v2056.10 firmware.
My 1st unit that failed was updated to DSP v2056.12 today, running for 12 hrs so far…

Bluetti, you need to tell the factor to check all the units and fix them before sending out. 1 failed unit can be a fluke, but 2 of my 3 have failed within the 1st week so that isn’t right.

1 Like

Please log out first and then log back in again to see if it can run normally.

A new DSP version has also been pushed to your second EB3A, please update it first and see if it still reports overload.

sorry to report the last fw push (3/21) had made things a lot worse. AC is pretty much unusable now. I’m testing with the camping fridge only. That’s my only use case. now it only takes a few hours for the overload to appear, the fridge turns off and the battery starts to drain.
I’ll contact service next week, hopefully they can hook me up with a unit that functions properly.

I have the new version installed and will test and I will update the forum with results.

What versions of software are you on?

One thing with the new version DSP .12 When in UPS mode, the INPUT watts is zero while output what is correct, on the front panel. In the app, the INPUT and AC wattage are the same. Because DaveP hasn’t had his issue resolved with DSP V2056.12, I will be returning this unit.

I’m trying to return it. Service, in today’s email, asked me to update the firmware, which I had already done, asked for videos of the error, I had posted pictures here, and asked for the SN of the unit, which was in the subject line of my email as well as on this forum. I sent the pics and info again I’m sure they’re following some protocol and I expect this will get sorted out.

1 Like

I’m on version 1.3.9 of the android app and ARM: v2057.11, DSP:v2056.12

I’ve had similar experience. At least they are good at getting back to me in a timely manner. I really hope the replacment units are more dependable.

I’ve updated the 2 of my 3 units who are experiencing the AC overload issue to DSP 2056.12
One has been operating for 26 hours so far, the other ones just got restarted.

Note that the Power Input display on the unit LED under DSP 2056.12 behaves differently than DSP 2056.10
It now seems to show only the power that is being sent into the battery, not the total input power. So if your battery is 100% full and in AC passthrough / UPS mode, the input power would indicate 0W, even though you may be drawing AC power. That is because all the AC input power is being passed-through to the output without being used to charge the battery. This is OK, but we should be made aware so we don’t think it is broken. You can see a more detailed breakdown on the app. If you battery is not full and is being charged, the Power Input on the LED would display the power used to charge the unit. I will confirm when I get more data.

I feel sorry for the ones that bought the EB3a on their special price of $209. I bought one too. It has the same overload problem so when I contacted service dept, I ask for a refund. They sent me a pre-paid RMA label and mailed it today. When it is delivered, Bluetti will send my refund. I have bought about 8 units and 5 had to be replaced. Now do I get the AC60 or not???

Thanks for letting us know about the possibility of a refund. I hope that is offered to me.

I bought 3 of these on Amazon, which has their own 30 days return policy and pretty easy return logistics (though I have to drive 2 hours to the USA to return it as I bought it on a trip).

2 of my 3 units have failed with “Overload” when using in AC bypass/UPS mode within the first few days. Bluetti pushed 2056.12 DSP firmware and I am willing to see if that would help. But for this to be truly useful, it must run reliably for many months without issues, not just for weeks.

Given the prevelance of this issue, it would be important for Bluetti to share what might be wrong with the current units, and how 2056.12 DSP firmware may or may not fix the problem. If 2056.12 is a good fix without negative compromises, I would expect that to rolled out by default to all units. This would be important to build confidence of this unit, as many of us only have 30 days to return (and it needs to run for a lot more than 30 days at a time without overload error).

They have refunded me before, if it is less than 60 days, you can put a stop payment on your credit card. If it is Amazon, it takes a few days more because Amazon contacts Bluetti first before refunding your money.

1 Like

I am hitting the same issues

@darthwheels What is your specific situation?
What equipment is the EB3A loaded with? How long does it take to report an overload error?
Please try to explain in detail so that I can give better feedback to the tech team.

I am sad to report that the updated firmware DSP 2056.12 didn’t fix the issue for one of my units. This unit operated for 70 hours in UPS mode, outputting 30W then failed with “overload” error. Bluetti pushed firmware DSP 2056.12 to it, I updated it this morning, but it “overload” again in about 6 hours. I am going to need a replacement, but if Bluetti doesn’t think the replacement will have this issue fixed, then I would reluctantly seek a refund instead. The EB3A had great promise, but the UPS execution is no good, at least for my units.

I have 2 other units

• One is operating OK outputting 32W AC for 96 hours so far
  • One has failed with “overload” outputting 20W AC after 10 hrs, updated firmware to 2056.12, running for 36 hours so far

When using it as a UPS, the unit needs to be more reliable than the grid before it becomes useful. For me, the grid fails about 2x a year for a couple hours. So I need the EB3A to run for a year straight without “overload” before it is actually useful to me.

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

I have it plugged into standard shore power and the only thing plugged into it is a thunderbolt 3 cable occasionally used to charge my iPad.

After couple days I notice my battery is 0 and it says overload.