EB3A: In UPS mode, inverter overloads are turning off AC outlets

I have an Internet modem and WiFi router connected to the two AC outlets (total 11w) and am running in UPS mode. From Day 1, power to the AC outlets is lost due to “inverter overload”. I have to switch on AC each time.

It’s my understanding that UPS mode passes house power straight through to the AC outlets. It’s only when running on battery power that the inverter is involved. So I can’t understand why I should be getting an inverter overload.

I believe that this has happened to others. Is there a firmware fix for this? I’m on 62.03 for ARM and 56.10 for DSP.

1 Like

@GaryMooney Based on the problem you are experiencing, the machine needs to be returned for repair. Please contact support at service@bluettipower.com as soon as possible for further processing

Thanks for your response. I have done as you suggest.

I note that this problem doesn’t seem to occur when I’m running on battery power, only when I’m in UPS (passthrough) mode.

I now have a replacement, and I’m not getting the same problem.

3 Likes

Glad to know that! Also, thank you for sharing follow-up feedback on the use of EB3A replacement.

1 Like

This happened to me today. Brand new EB3A, connected a number of low load AC devices to it (network switch, smartphone hubs). Total AC power is 22W, total DC around 5W. Plugged in AC in UPS mode. 10 hours later, inverter shut off with overload indicator. The AC indicator is flickering on the display with no output. I unplugged everything and turned the AC back on, wonder when it would happen again.

Firmware (no option to update)
ARM 2062.03
DSP 2056.10

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Good afternoon,
I have the same issue, my unit worked great for 3 weeks in UPS mode for my wifi hotspot. Draw is about 18 watts, the this week started getting the inverter overload and shut off. Tried both outlets with the same results. So are we thinking a hardware issue or something else?

Send your SN to Bluetti Service and ask them to push you a firmware update to DSP 2056.12, there is a chance that may fix your problem but it didn’t for me. I have 3 of these units, 2 of them have this issue every few days but the 3rd one has been operating for >1 month without issues.

I will do that, however i just realized eco mode may have been on, so going to try it again today.

Good luck, it didn’t make a difference for me as my eco mode was off for all 3 units.

@snowstorm would you mind telling me what the error code is now?

Good afternoon,
After finding eco mode on and turning that off i have 2 devices powering just fine for over 24 hours, they are around 5watt total though, going to move my verizon 5g over to it tonight which draws roughly 18 watt, which ideally is that i want to keep up all the time. Will keep you posted.

I have returns the 2 units that continue to have the overload issue after updating the 2056.12, my 3rd unit haven’t overloaded in 5 weeks and is running 2056.10 still. However my 3rd unit is prone to overheating in UPS mode as the cooling fan only seems to run when power is coming from the inverter. I believe this is a software issue. That is in another thread

I had this problem with mine from Day 1. Had it replaced, and have had this message once in several weeks.

The problem is not Eco mode. I turned it off and still had the problem.

I think that it’s an intermittent problem in the inverter hardware.

Regards, Gary.
613-919-8765

| msgwolf
April 22 |

• | - |

I will do that, however i just realized eco mode may have been on, so going to try it again today.

Good morning all,
Did not plug in my 5g router, but some of my tv electronics, with the tv off total draw around 35 watts, woke up to the overload and ac outlets out. Thinking about returning, but some solar ideas i want to try out, so my keep and hope for a fix down the road. I have tiill May 4th to decide.

I agree, acting more hardware related, with how long inverters and UPS technology has been around i didn’t expect a issue with low draw devices.

With my original device, I got an inverter overload at least one time with zero load (with eco mode turned off).

If you’re getting inverter overload, you need to have the device replaced.

Regards, Gary.
613-919-8765

| msgwolf
April 24 |

• | - |

I agree, acting more hardware related, with how long inverters and UPS technology has been around i didn’t expect a issue with low draw devices.

I noticed that the EB3A USA page has 24/7 UPS listed as a feature, but the Canadian page no longer has 24/7 listed as a feature of the EB3A. I really hope they would fix this.

Good evening,
Well after also discovering the PV charge issue this unit has, i am returning it and trying a different manufacturer and model.

What PV charge issue do you have?

1 Like