EB3A: In UPS mode, inverter overloads are turning off AC outlets

Good morning,
PV Low voltage issue, if you search for it it comes up, you need 10 to 12 watts on your pannel b4 the PV charging will start, after it starts it will charge down below that.

I see… is it actually a problem if it doesn’t charge below 10w though? At say 8w, it will take 45 hours to charge EB3A, 4 straight days of daylight. Won’t almost all practical charging be more than 10-12W?

New EB3A owner here. Noticed the noisy fan PWM hum right away. And then the random shutdowns started. 2 so far within 24hrs. It seems Bluetti has pushed a firmware update today v2056.13, I’m testing it right now. If it doesn’t fix it, I’ll return it. What a bummer, it’s a great little unit.

Don’t bother with the update. It made it significantly worse.
Failed within 2hrs instead of every 12hrs.
As a software developer, it’s become clear that Bluetti has no clue how to fix this issue, and I refuse to be a beta tester for a company this large.
The EB3A is now boxed up and will be returned to Amazon. =(

1 Like

Between myself and my brother, we have bought 4 of these. 3 have the overload issue, updating firmware to .12 didn’t help and returned the first 2. My brother tried to update to .13 but still overloads and thus returned. One of mine (purchased with the other 2 failing ones) had been running on .10 without issues for 2 months already, just updated it to .13, hopefully this one would stay working. Maybe I should not have updated it to .13 if it was working…

Do we know what changed with DSP .13?

Great. I installed my EB3A this morning, this afternoon it shut down with inverter overload.
The fact that this problem is so common is pretty disappointing.

EDIT: Lasted 2 hours the second time.
After the 1st fail I updated to the latest firmware and, thinking maybe the problem was there was no DC load, I turned on DC and connected my phone for charging.

Here’s the really stupid thing. The DC KEPT WORKING. I had the app up on my phone and it clearly showed current flow both Current INPUT from the Grid AND DC Output. The only thing that failed is the AC Output got turned off.

So wtf.

Jumped through all their ridiculous hoops, got a replacement, failed twice within a day.

This is just stupid.

1 Like

I had purchased 2 of these but cancelled before delivery due to reading about these problems when using them in UPS mode.
I have since ordered and taken delivery of 2 AC180’s using them specifically for UPS functions.
Apart from initial noisey fan issues, which were fixed by a firmware push, they have not missed a beat so far.
Understand this doesn’t help your problems, but maybe an option to get a refund and look at the AC180 option.
Wishing you all the best.

@GaryMooney Here the same trouble with a AC200MAX. AC falls out with low or intermittent load (also in Eco mode off), and the problem is less with continuously 120W output at least; but that’s not feasible in wintertime. Haven’t had this problem not even once since I bought the unit last year.
It seems defective and I think that it might indeed be due to the inverter. I have to return the unit to let it repair.

I hear what you’re saying, but no way would I ever trust another Bluetti product. They already shut down my equipment more often than having no UPS at all would have.

Same problem Was sent a replacement unit ran OK 10 days, Inverter overload 3 times yesterday
( load is 55W)_once this AM
Over the 30 days to return to Amazon
Contacting them again today
Not happy Would return for refund If I could

1 Like

How do you turn thd ups mode off my EB3A run flat and will not charge help ?

Same issue here. My EB3A is on .13 and has a low watt draw in UPS mode and is going into overload. The eco mode is turned off because of what I am running, a NOAA weather radio. The draw from the AC is not even registering, even though it shows up as 2-3watts when using a Killawatt to measure. To add to the fun when I noticed it, took awhile because it should just worked, it said it only had 1% battery left. So I reset the overload and it started charging. Not 5 minutes later it is showing 100% battery and I am left confused. This is not a problem that should be occuring, especially with low draw devices. I was really hoping to have it as my UPS for my weather radio given the fun weather, and oh so reliable grid, where I live. This is something that should have been resolved within 1, maybe 2, months of it being a known common problem. There are people that could rely on this for lifesaving medical equipment and this could easily be a life threatening situation. Come on Bluetti fix this.

I’m having the same issue. Overload while in UPS mode drawing only 15 watts. Eco mode is off. Turbo is off. My Serial Number is EB3А2237001669184.

Beta tester for a device wear a software bug can Burn down your house

And they don’t give us a change log

Please share your customer service experience here in an extra thred.
Would be helpful to hear

But they advertise 24 month warranty…

Please Let others know how good the advertised 24 Month warranty worked for you :)

So people are still having the overload issues when using the EB3A as a UPS at low loads right now? I am surprised it isn’t fixed as it was a common issue.
I had this problem with 2 of 3 units back in march 2023, customer support pushed a new firmware but it didn’t help. Had to return it to them (past 30 day return from Amazon once I tried all the trouble shooting steps). The 3rd unit is working well for 6 months and counting. That unit is in a closet and has an overheating problem, but I tapped a usb powered 60mm fan on the side and that solved the issue. It has been running happy since.

1 Like

Bought 2 EB3A units from Bluett1 on Amazon.

First one had the really noisy fan issue and was replaced with one that has a quieter fan but has the inverter overload error randomly in UPS mode. It is at ARM v2062.05 DSP v2056.13

Second one seems to have the inverter overload error as well.

Is there hope for me - Does anyone have the magic EB3A that is quiet and doesn’t drop the AC output when in UPS (bypass inverter) mode?

When did you buy them? I bought 4 around March 2023 and 3 of them have the inverter overload on UPS mode. The last one is running fine and has been in UPS mode without overloading for 6 months.

My EB3A has had the “Overload” issue many times even when using low wattage say 30w or when AC is turned off and plugged into the grid to charge it would still “Overload”. so i hooked it to a smart wifi plug and set it to turn on grid charging every 30min and it would go into UPS mode every 30min and occasionally it would still get “Overloaded”. But about 3 weeks ago when i won a Bluetti Car Refrigerator and plugged it into the DC socket i haven’t had another Overload and everything is turned on AC, DC, Charging from PV200 + Grid charging no Overload. it just took awhile to start working properly, like a baby having a tantrum. but now the baby’s all good.