Dual charging PV and 110V

Thanks. I get the exact same results when I swap bricks. Both bricks charge as they should when hooked up to 110V port - about 400W. Both green lights go out and there is no PV charging with both bricks when plugged in to PV port. I will let you know what happens when it gets down to about 80%

I tested my input aviation cable and Pin #1 is Positive (which is opposite what you measured) and Pin #2 is negative. If your pin polarity is not the same I would say your cable polarity is reversed. In your previous message, you stated that Pin#2 was positive which is opposite of mine.

To measure polarity, I connected the 12 volt DC car charging cord to the 12 volt outlet socket on the AC200 and turned on the DC power. I then connected the car charging cord to the aviation input cord and checked the polarity at the end of the two pin aviation plug at the very end of the cable. If your polarity is in fact opposite, then I would say that the polarity of the aviation plug portion is what is incorrect as you do state that the flat side of the XT90 connector is positive which is the same as mine.

So…the only thing left is the aviation plug. If you are comfortable with desoldering and swapping the contacts on the aviation plug, I would try that. If not, I would say you need to get a replacement cable from Bluetti. The polarity opposite would also make sense with the light going off on

I also connected my car charging cable to the 12volt car socket on the front of the Bluetti AC200 and connected that to my XT90 to Aviation cable charging input cable. After turning on the DC output from the home screen I was getting 13.49 volts showing on the AC200 screen. You should be able to do the same to verify that voltage is reaching the AC200 through the cables . This would simulate car charging but I was at 100% state of charge so no incoming charge was being displayed

Thanks. I did the same thing you did, and pin “2” was positive on the aviation plug. On the XT90-aviation plug cable, the flat side of the XT90 is connected to pin “2” on the avation plug. I’ll take a look at switching the wires in the aviation plug

Yours is definitely reversed. My Flat side XT90 conductor (positive) is definetely connected to pin #1 on my Aviation cable plug. If you are able to switch wires which appears to be de-soldering each wire and swapping contacts, I think you will be back in business.

Is your AC200 an AC200P or an AC200 kickstarter version like mine? Can you take a picture of your aviation plug contacts with wire colors? Mine has a red wire connected to pin #1 and a black wire connected to pin #2. What I don’t see is after unscrewing the compression nut fitting at the end of the cable, how to pull the soldered contact portion out of the housing. Does anyone have any idea what the trick is to release the housing from the contacts?

I took my aviation input plug apart to see how easy it would be to reverse the connections. You unscrew the compression end nut and then unscrew the outer tube from the front connection snap ring area. From there there is plenty of room to desolder and change the wires around Mine do not have a large amount of solder and I think if you cut your wires slightly shorter and discarded the currently soldered ends that would be the cleanest and easiest way to get you up and running.

Get a good pic of the color and pin configuration because I’m pretty sure Bluetti can send you a new cable as well but that will take time.

1 Like

1 Like

Here is a link for additional connectors if anyone wants to make cables or replace a damaged port. The connectors in the link are configured as is for the 25 amp 12 volt DC aviation cable output for the AC200. If you want to use the same connectors for the DC input charging cable or port, the inner conductors must be swapped with each other to get the correct gender for the plug. The inner conductor piece comes out after removing a silver colored flat C shaped clip with the sharp edge of a knife. Once that is removed, the inner conductor piece pushes out and can be changed with the other fitting included.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q992WDZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Mine is an AC200P. I got the compression nut and the barrel behind the snap ring off. The red wire goes to pin 2. Im going to try to unsolder and resolder with the right polarity. I sent Bluetti an email telling them about the issue and asking for a new cable.

Sounds like we are making progress. Please let us know how the charging works after the wire swap. Looks like it could benefit from a little extra solder on the rework compared to the original. Hope yours is a fluke as this is the first confirmed time I have seen of verified polarity issue on a supplied cable.

Here’s a pic after I got the compression nut and barrel off. The red wire is on pin 2.

Here’s a pic after the wire swap. I put some heat shrink over the connections.

Here’s a pic of the display after hooking up both bricks and the fixed cable. All’s well that ends well!! Thanks

2 Likes

Very clean wiring job! Great to see you got it swapped and it all works now. Let us know how the replacement cable goes. I know it will take time as I don’t think there is any stock in the US currently for the input cable. Now you can fast charge as well as car charge if wanted. Thank you for your patience and willingness to go the extra mile to get yours sorted out.

1 Like

@jkennon … Just for reference, here is the link to the post of the only other reversed polarity Aviation cable input issue I have seen… Aviation Cable to XT-90 reversed polarity

I have not heard anything - no response - to my email to Bluetti telling them about the problem. Any suggestions on what else to do to get through to them?

I’m more than a little surprised that Bluetti sells the AC200P with a 12V/25A output, but does not include a cable to connect to that output. I keep checking their website to buy the cable, but they have been sold out for quite a while. I saw your post about getting the connector on Amazon. Here’s a link to the connector on ebay

But it would cost more to buy the connector and then wire up the cable and XT connector on the other end than buy the complete cable from Bluetti. Suggestions?

A couple more questions.

What is the connector size on the 12v/3A output? Is it 3A each or combined?

Can I use the DC outputs with loads in parallel as long as I don’t exceed the rated output?

Thanks

The connector size on the 12V/3A output is a 5.5 x 2.1 mm. The rated load is 3 amps each and you cannot pull 6 amps if only using a single connector. 3 amps each for a total load capacity of 6 amps if using both outputs.

I am not sure what would occur if you built a parallel cable enabling a 6 amp draw while connecting to both outputs. I would think the worst that would happen is the outlet would overload and you would just reset it if the experiment did not work.

I will send a message to my contact with Bluetti and ask him to get back with you on a replacement cable.

Thanks for the info.
I was thinking more of knowing if I could use loads in parallel on the 10A and 25A DC outputs as long as I didn’t exceed the rated output current.
Thanks for following up with Bluetti about a new cable.

Not sure about the 35 amp total output on the combined dc. If you have any items that combined will pull over 25 amps, I would give it a try. I know Hobotech tested the max amp capacity of the 25 amp output but cannot remember if he tried loading up the 10 amp port at the same time. I do know he used a 12v to 120VAC inverter for the high amp load on the 25 amp port. You could use the car charge cable connected to the 10 amp port and back into the ac200 charge port to max that out

@jkennon can you give me your order number for your AC200P to forward to Bluetti about the cable replacement? Also the source of your order…Bluetti website, Amazon etc. Just click on my user name to send a private message.

Hi Scott,

The cable that had reversed polarity was a cable included when I bought the extra brick.

Order #Bluetti-US4686

Ordered Feb 25 on Bluetti website

1|AC200 Adapter(400W) + XT90 Cable|1|$139.99|

|AC200 Adapter(400W) + XT90 Cable

Thanks,

Jim K