Dual charging PV and 110V

Sounds like we are making progress. Please let us know how the charging works after the wire swap. Looks like it could benefit from a little extra solder on the rework compared to the original. Hope yours is a fluke as this is the first confirmed time I have seen of verified polarity issue on a supplied cable.

Here’s a pic after I got the compression nut and barrel off. The red wire is on pin 2.

Here’s a pic after the wire swap. I put some heat shrink over the connections.

Here’s a pic of the display after hooking up both bricks and the fixed cable. All’s well that ends well!! Thanks

2 Likes

Very clean wiring job! Great to see you got it swapped and it all works now. Let us know how the replacement cable goes. I know it will take time as I don’t think there is any stock in the US currently for the input cable. Now you can fast charge as well as car charge if wanted. Thank you for your patience and willingness to go the extra mile to get yours sorted out.

1 Like

@jkennon … Just for reference, here is the link to the post of the only other reversed polarity Aviation cable input issue I have seen… Aviation Cable to XT-90 reversed polarity

I have not heard anything - no response - to my email to Bluetti telling them about the problem. Any suggestions on what else to do to get through to them?

I’m more than a little surprised that Bluetti sells the AC200P with a 12V/25A output, but does not include a cable to connect to that output. I keep checking their website to buy the cable, but they have been sold out for quite a while. I saw your post about getting the connector on Amazon. Here’s a link to the connector on ebay

But it would cost more to buy the connector and then wire up the cable and XT connector on the other end than buy the complete cable from Bluetti. Suggestions?

A couple more questions.

What is the connector size on the 12v/3A output? Is it 3A each or combined?

Can I use the DC outputs with loads in parallel as long as I don’t exceed the rated output?

Thanks

The connector size on the 12V/3A output is a 5.5 x 2.1 mm. The rated load is 3 amps each and you cannot pull 6 amps if only using a single connector. 3 amps each for a total load capacity of 6 amps if using both outputs.

I am not sure what would occur if you built a parallel cable enabling a 6 amp draw while connecting to both outputs. I would think the worst that would happen is the outlet would overload and you would just reset it if the experiment did not work.

I will send a message to my contact with Bluetti and ask him to get back with you on a replacement cable.

Thanks for the info.
I was thinking more of knowing if I could use loads in parallel on the 10A and 25A DC outputs as long as I didn’t exceed the rated output current.
Thanks for following up with Bluetti about a new cable.

Not sure about the 35 amp total output on the combined dc. If you have any items that combined will pull over 25 amps, I would give it a try. I know Hobotech tested the max amp capacity of the 25 amp output but cannot remember if he tried loading up the 10 amp port at the same time. I do know he used a 12v to 120VAC inverter for the high amp load on the 25 amp port. You could use the car charge cable connected to the 10 amp port and back into the ac200 charge port to max that out

@jkennon can you give me your order number for your AC200P to forward to Bluetti about the cable replacement? Also the source of your order…Bluetti website, Amazon etc. Just click on my user name to send a private message.

Hi Scott,

The cable that had reversed polarity was a cable included when I bought the extra brick.

Order #Bluetti-US4686

Ordered Feb 25 on Bluetti website

1|AC200 Adapter(400W) + XT90 Cable|1|$139.99|

|AC200 Adapter(400W) + XT90 Cable

Thanks,

Jim K

Jim, are you sure on that? The aviation input cable is only included when purchasing an AC200 and was not part of the extra charging brick. If you received an aviation input charging cable with your second charging brick order you should now have two total input cables. Do you have two?

The items pictured below on the accessory brick are: the brick, the ac power to the brick cord and the 8mm female to XT90 yellow connector. No aviation charging input cable is pictured

I have contacted Bluetti with your order number and asked that they get you a replacement cable with correct polarity sent out to you.

My mistake. You are correct. The Aviation plug charging cable came with the AC200P.

Order #Bluetti-US4408 placed Feb 18

I have only one cable - the one I fixed,

Jim K

Thanks, Scott. I’ll let you know if i hear from them. So far, nothing

Another question - I have a 2019 Ford Transit with 4 upfitter switches - 2 supply 12VDC at 20 amps and 2 supply 40 amps. These are hot only when the ignition switch is on, or, for when one of the 40 amp connections, when the engine is running. Which should I use for charging the AC200P in car mode?

Any of the switches should be fine capacity wise. If you dont have a need for one of the 40s for something else, I would use one of those just for max voltage

I ordered online two of the connectors for the 12V/25A output of the AC200P. When they come in, I’m going to wire a couple of XT90 connectors in parallel to one of them and connect them to a fridge and A/C unit that have total draw less than 25A - even on startup and see how it works. Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by an “AC” unit, but if you mean an air conditioner, it would run on most likely 120V AC current. The25 amp aviation output port is a 12 volt DC output.

If you are referring to using 12 volt DC current, your idea should work fine. In fact, XT60 connectors would be more than capable of handling the current for a split 25 amp load. Your limiting factor will be the max wire size you will be able to use to connect two of the wires to a single contact of the Aviation output connector you bought. You could run a single XT90 connector to the aviation output connect you bought and then by an XT90 parallel connector that would connect to your XT90 connector. This would keep you from trying to solder two wires to each aviation connector terminal.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/RC-Connector-Parallel-Female-Battery/dp/B07D3SJR7D/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=KAAM4MVIOAVD&dchild=1&keywords=xt90+parallel+connector&qid=1617904952&sprefix=XT90+parallel%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A2G15BXXX6915N&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVTVSVUs2RUo2UkswJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODU1NTg0QURISTVKTENHNlcyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMDI3MTYzNzlQM0VSMkhWREUzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It is a 12VDC air conditioner Zero Breeze