Can not change AC on/off and DC on/off bluetti ac200max

Hi, I have the same problem with my AC200MAX. First power on it was working, on the next day it sopped. I have updated DSP and BMS via app, but it still isn’t working and there’s no update for ARM.

@BLUETTI_CARE Can it be fixed with software update?

@yaroslaw I have registered your machine issue, and the firmware will be pushed within 24 hours.

@BLUETTI_CARE isn’t it strange that I have the exact same versions of DSP, ARM, BMS and HM1 as posted above in this thread, but I can’t receive the firmware update to fix the same problem?

Hi @Zhyrnov, Your AC200MAX’s hardware batch is different from other batches, so it cannot receive the new firmware and therefore cannot be upgraded to resolve the issue. We recommend contacting customer support to arrange a screen repair.

Thanks, after the update it works as it should.

1 Like

Hi @BLUETTI_CARE ! Have exact same problem on my AC200MAX. AC\DC buttons just not working(
SN: 2252002451344
DSP: 4005.08
ARM: 4008.05
BMS: 1017.03
HMI: 6037.04

Hi @Goshe, I have applied to upgrade your ARM to our IT department. They will push the latest version of firmware to your machine in 24 hours. Please upgrade it tomorrow.
Please do not load any device when upgrading it.
Please let us know if it works.

I have a brand new unit that is doing the same. There is also a small lock icon on the home screen next the homepage icon. pushing AC on does not function with the Touch screen or app.
please may you help

Hi. I have the same problem with my AC200MAX. Please push me upgrade for my Bluetti. Thank you and best regards!
photo_2024-09-23_09-53-16

Hi @Zim, We would like to know if you purchased this machine outright or through a Paygo subscription. If it was a full purchase, please message us and provide valid order information so we can unlock it for you.

If it was through Paygo, that’s normal; as long as you make the payment for unlocking on time, it will be fine.
If you need our help, please remember to @BLUETTI_CARE, otherwise, I may not find your reply in a timely manner.

Hi @Kuripka, Your AC200MAX’s hardware batch is different from other batches, so it cannot receive the new firmware and therefore cannot be upgraded to resolve the issue. We recommend contacting customer support to arrange a screen repair.

Greetings

Thanks for replying, I went back to the vendor and was supplied an unlock code. It was bought outright. All is working. Thanks for the @ tip , learning as I go
Best regards

Hi @Zim, Thank you for letting us know, I am glad to hear that the problem is resolved. :)