AC180 Excessive fan speed and noise while powering small loads

The fan is not only noisy, it turns on and runs at excessive speeds relative to the small amount of power being drawn.
Today I had a small DC freezer plugged into it drawing a total of only 55 watts from the AC180. The fan was running continuously for 2-3 hours at a high rate and creating a lot of noise. It was about the same fan speed as when it is AC charging on standard mode at 1000 watts, which is pretty loud. It makes roughly the same amount of noise as the fan from my portable induction cooktop running at 1050 watts. But this is the AC180 powering just 55 watts here. The air temperature was about 80 degrees near the ground where the AC180 was placed, and there was even a small room fan blowing in its direction from it 3 feet away. I placed my hand in front of the AC180’s vent several times during those 2-3 hours and it was always just blowing out cool air. I tried turning the unit off and on a few times with no change.
I finally decided to move the AC180 outside where it was only about 3-5 degrees cooler, and after a few minutes the fan stopped completely. It didn’t even go into low mode, it just stopped and hasn’t turned back on for several hours because it was unnecessary to begin with.
Bluetti,please fix this issue with firmware. Maybe program more intelligent fan speeds relative to the unit’s operating temperature. Several more in-between fan speeds would help too. I’ve only noticed my unit run at 3 different fan speeds, which is about the same as what I hear when charging in Max, Standard, and Silent mode. I’ll refer to them as high, medium, and low fan speeds. Low is ok, but noticeable and not silent. Medium is much louder and draws a lot of attention, and high sounds like I’m using a blow dryer.
Not only does the AC180’s fan noise draw a lot of unwieldy attention, especially at night, it’s distracting, ruins the mood in a quiet environment, and is probably drawing more power than necessary to run it.

1 Like

@bluetti_ray_rey99hotmailcom Have you done any of the firmware updates yet? They have released some that have helped with the excessive fan noise substantially.

1 Like

@bluetti_ray_rey99hotmailcom Yes, You can refer to Mike’s reply. If you haven’t done a firmware update yet, please provide me with your machine’s SN code and I’ll have an engineer push it to you.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I wasn’t aware that there was a firmware update available for this issue

1 Like

Do I post the SN publicly on here, or should I send it by email? The email notification I received says to reply here.

BTW, how do I post on here using my selected user name that I’ve set in the app? On my end I see my posts appear under “bluetti” + my email.

You can reply to me directly here with your SN number :)

Here it is: AC1802316002205046

SN code received. The engineer replied: based on the fan problem, R&D is testing a new version, and it will be fully pushed after the test is completed in a few days.
Thanks for your kind cooperations, thank you!

Any updates available?

1 Like

Hi Ray,
Was this issue resolved? I’m in the market to buy and require the station to power CPAP machines overnight whilst camping, can’t afford to have a noisy station running all night.
Thanks

@SerK Could you please provide me with the firmware version as well?

It is normal.

ARM v2089.02
DSP v2088.02
BMS v1039.01

@SerK I’m sorry that the firmware is the latest one. The starting of the fan is also closely related to the temperature. It may be because the internal temperature has increased after discharge. When the internal temperature drops, the fan will stop rotating.

I encountered a similar problem with the AC180P. At low loads (less than ~110 Watt), the station does not start the fans until it overheats. In my case, this happens after about 40 minutes of operation with an ambient temperature of around 27 degrees Celsius. When it does start, the fans run loudly (as they do during standard charging) for about 10 minutes. If I load more than ~110 Watt for a few seconds before it overheats, the fans will run at a low speed until the temperature drops.
From what I understand, the power station does not run the fans at low loads, and then when the temperature gets too high, an emergency cooling system is triggered. Please improve the fan control at low loads in future updates, because at stable low loads the station is much louder and hotter compared to when it is running loads above ~110 Watt, where the fans always run at low speed.

1 Like

Same problem here, fans are annoying as hell.
Temperature management is stupid. Fans are running 0% or 100% only.
I can’t sleep in my van, I reported this is a specific post, and bluetti removed it without notifying anything to me.

Hello, same problem here, 35-45W thats my default power usage from invertor - but fans are spinning full speed like 20 per 20 mins, if i power off and than power on the station - god blessed silence. Looks like temperature curve issue for fans speed

Model AC180
Number AC1802313000365676
ARM v2074.07
DSP v2078.06
BMS v1033.12
the same problem with fans when charging from the 7909 input, as well as when powering low-power AC.
The problem looks like this - if the fans turn on, they will work for a long time, if after that you remove the load or charge, they immediately turn off and if you return everything - the fans will not turn on for a long time, but after a long interval they will turn on and then work again indefinitely.
It seems that the fan shutdown after the cooling cycle does not work.
Give me an update.

@BLUETTI @BLUETTI_CARE I have the same issue with the fan on the AC180 (Australian version) staying on indefinitely with a DC draw of 65 to 95 watts. Is it possible to receive a pushed update please to fix this issue?

Serial Number and versions as per attached images:

@lavash_bluetti @Erebus Recorded in the system and an update is expected to be pushed out within 24 hours.

2 Likes

@BLUETTI thank you for a prompt response. I will keep checking for an update and report back.