Using Bluetti 200w solar panel to charge rv AGM battery

My son purchased Bluetti’s AC180 and the 200w solar panel. He wants to use it to charge the 180 and also the rv Agm battery. What do we need to do to charge rv Agm battery?

1 Like

@DR_S
You can do this in the following ways:
Solar panels charge the AC180 and the AC180’s cigarette lighter charges the RV battery.
Or you can purchase our upcoming D40 accessory, where the solar panel can be fed directly into the D40 to charge the battery. (But the D40 may take at least two weeks to be released)

1 Like

This is excellent news @BLUETTI but do you plan to support third-party 48V systems, to interface with Pylontech batteries for instance?

Kinda would be also interesting if and when it comes to EU countrys

1 Like

When I see products like D40, D300s and co, it reminds happy childhood memories of my dad bringing back home some glorious Radio Shack and Tandy gadgets back in the late 80s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Excited to get my hands on the D40 - need two of them. Great concept.

1 Like

Sorry, after checking with the techs, the D40 does not support 3rd party 48V systems. However, 12V/24V batteries can be connected in the middle of the D40.

1 Like

D40 plan will be launched in the United States as early as December, and it may not be available for sale in Europe until next year. :worried:

2 Likes

If you want to go simple buy a battery charger and connect it to the AC outlet of the AC180. Just like you would charging a battery from home. If the RV has a built in battery charger, connecting the RV power cord to the AC180 would work even easier. The cost of this approach is you lose wattage efficiency converting the AC to DC if the efficiency is no big deal, that is what I would do. The more complicated approach is using a charge controller connected to your solar panel and connect the controller to the battery. The AC 180 would have to be connected directly to the solar panel and not using the charge controller.

Can the D40 convert the 48v/8amp port on the new AC200L to a 12volt/30amp output to power dc appliances in van conversions with a fuse block like the AC200MAX was capable?

1 Like

Hi @Splummer480
The D40 cannot be connected directly to the fuse box, its output has to be connected to the battery.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I understand. My question is does the D40 convert the 48v/8amp port from the ac200l battery to 12v/30amp output to run multiple 12v appliances…water pumps, led lights and a fridge? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sorry, D40 does not support the conversion you mentioned.

2 Likes

This is incorrect information this Admin doesn’t know their own product the D40. In the D40 instruction manual it describes and shows a direct connection to a 12V Fuse panel is allowed I’ve attached a photo

This is wrong information and you should check your facts first.

They are both right and wrong. I bought a D40 recently and was shipped on without the 12 volt external load feature and the included instruction do not mention the feature. I was asked to return it and the replacement sent does have the load output feature but the included manual does not mention it. Version 2 manual is online and correctly explains the feature. I was able to pull a 21 amp load and ran a 12 amp load overnight. I am having trouble starting a 12 volt air compressor and three small inverters. All four of these items will run if connected to the ac200L cig socket only rated for 10 amps. All four items are requiring less than 10 amps to start.

Scott I think I’m in really trouble with this unit because I need it to power a diesel heater which will require about 10 -15 amp load for start up and less when it gets running. This is a small Volkswagen Caddy campervan so my 12V DC connections are basically the diesel heater, refrigerator, lights, water pump, USB connected devices and a 12V DC connection to run my radio when parked. I sure hope this works out or maybe have to return it at this point. I’m still trying to figure a good way of alternative charging through a DC-DC inverter instead of relying on Solar. Seems to me the AC 200P was a better choice for me but I returned the smaller EB70 unit and all they offered for exchange was this unit through another vendor. It’s sad that the improvements to the AC200P weren’t really improvements except removing the charging brick.

One workaround you could use is to install a smaller 50 amp hour or so battery and connect all your 12 volt DC loads to that battery. The D40 and AC200L could then be used with its battery charging feature to keep the small battery charged up.

Unfortunatelyy van is too small for another battery. I have to hope the D40 will work for me or I’m trading in my AC200L.

Based on your description, the D40 can be connected and used. With a diesel heater load, the load mode needs to be turned on.

The following are the steps to turn on Load Mode: