Solar Panel Calculation

My 12V 100w Renogy solar panels have the following specs. How many of them can I hook up to the upcoming AC300 with two B300s (assume panels are connected in a “in series” pattern)? Please show how you calculated your answer (do you use 12V, or 18.6V or 22.3V).

• Maximum Power at STC: 100W|Cell Efficiency: 21.00%|
  • Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18.6V|
  • Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.3V|
  • Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 5.38A|
  • Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 5.86A|
  • Operating Temperature: -40°F to 176°F |
  • Maximum Series Fuse Rating: 15A|
  • Solar Cells: 33 Cells|
  • Maximum System Voltage: 600V DC (UL)|
1 Like

look at Bluetti site for ac300 max specs-max watts =2400=12-150 volts min/max
with 12 volt in series open c volts-22.3x6 = 133.8 volts(7 would be 156 volts)hair to high
your 100watt 12v would limit you to 6-600 watts
i just did my ac200p with 4 -210 -12vt newpowa panels -840 watts pumps 52 volts in-OCV was19,3=x4-77. volts-only reason i used 12 volt panels is because i have 12 volt lead acid 2000 watt inverter system on other side of my house with 8 -12 volt panels,in a pinch i could use these on that system in a SHTF pinch.300max max volts is where you get in a bind.Higher voltage/higher wattage panels would be alot better,my 2 cents,If i am wrong ,maybe some other members have more info.

====look here
https://www.bluettipower.com/pages/ac300ac200max

Thank you very much! Wouldn’t a more simple way to figure it out would be: add 12 (V) to itself until you get to 150V (max solar voltage input), or in this case it would be a maximum of twelve 12V panels since 12 x 12 = 144.

Either way, can I conclude you are saying that the following two voltage specs are not used in calculations:

• Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18.6V|
  • Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.3V|

No you have to use highest value=open circuit voltage…thats what it sees when it starts up

In other words, 150 volts (in this case) divided by 22.3V to give 6.73, or six panels, or 600 watts.

That being the case, how in the world would one ever approach 2400 watts in maximum solar input (for the AC300)?! What’s the “secret” here that I do not understand?

https://shop.signaturesolar.us/products/440w-black-mono-60-cell-panel-by-solarever

2400 watts divided by 440=5 panels $217 each -
$1085 plus tax IF YOUR DRIVE TO sulphur springs texas
penny_guy_walking_md_wht

opps voltage to high 49.6 per panel.440watts x 3 =1320 watts =$217x 3=$651.
my be higher watts panel out there some where dont know…
tuco2

But the panels you referenced have an open circuit voltage of 49.62 volts. Since the AC300 is limited to 150 volts of solar input, it could only have 3 of these solar panels, or 3 x 440 volts = 1,320 watts. Am I correct?

The referenced panels are really, really cheap (quality???) A 200 watt renogy panel is $299 & a 320 watt is $324.

bluetti says 2400 watts…@150 volt max does sound impossible.People dont know -shipping is about 1/2 the cost of panels-these are some of the best quality panels in the world.those prices are PICKED UP NEAR -east of Dallas texas,when you go to order ,you will be asked zip code=then shipping will be quoted,it can get $$$$$.but the more you buy the cheaper it getz,ie get pals in on group deal.Ilive just north of houston texas,it a 140 miles to sulfur springs.Was lookin at shippin quote to me for 4 new panels while back -it was $105 but im close,

?maybe series-parallel=
https://www.explorist.life/how-series-vs-parallel-wired-solar-panels-affects-amps-and-volts/

k9base:

EXCELLENT ARTICLE! BINGO! Now, the next logical question is this: “What is the solar panel AMP limitation of the AC300?”

ask bluetti rep if he will let the info out?

This blog and many others he’s done are easy to understand for newbs, thanks!

Based on my email correspondence with Bluetti, the solar amperage input limitation is 12A.

So, based on that, using Renogy rigid 100W 12V solar panels (which have 22.3V open circuit voltage and 5.86A) could total up to 12 in number (combination of series and parallel configurations): 2 series strings of 6 panels each connected in a parallel fashion - 6 x 2 = 12.

I could stand corrected on this, so if anyone knows to the contrary, please comment.

Your 210 newpowa panels are over the amp limit for AC200P. I have 3 of the same panels and I can’t get over 430 watts out the potential 630 watts on my best sunny days in Southern California. I assumed the low watts was due to the AC200P showing that it was only allowing 11.9 amps. How many watts are you pulling into the AC200P with 4 panels?

A general comment here: you can get up to twice the number of solar panels connected (depending on how many watts they are) by combining two strings of panels in series and then combining the two strings together in parallel going out to the generator. Otherwise, just using panels in a series configuration or just in a parallel configuration you will not be getting anywhere near the maximum solar panel watts limitation from your panels. This has been based on my research. However, if anyone else knows better, PLEASE comment.

in series=Ive seen 687 at 11.5 amps clear sky, :sunny: only had them 2 weeks
rite now At 3;34 pm cloudy 221=49 volts
thats 81% eff

1 Like