Fast charge ac30?

Can I use the AC charger come with ac200 to fast charge ac30? The AC charger for ac200 can pull in about 400W. If it can be used to charge ac30, ac30 can be charged up in less than an hour.

No, the AC200 charger is 58 volts and the battery for the AC30 is 12.8 volts. 58 volts is more than twice the acceptable incoming charge limit.

1 Like

Great to hear. One of the reasons I liked the AC30 product was the abilitiy to input up to 150 watts of charging power.

Correction: AC30 can not be charged by the 90W adapter that comes with AC50(S). Input voltages don’t match.

1 Like

I tried the Jackery 1000 ac charger. Although ac30 display showed that it was charging but I do not think it charged anything. The ac charger stayed cold and the charging percentage bars did not increase after about 45 minutes. This ac charger outputs 24v and should be able to generate about 100w of charging if it works. I was advised by Mark Yue that I should never have tried that because that might damage ac30’s input circuit.

1 Like

Yeah. It might be forgiving on watts, but not so much with volts. Does yours still work or did you fry it?

1 Like

Hi Mark, it is still working fine as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

If the AC input is rated for 15 to 25 volts as stated on the AC30 front face and 150 watts maximum, it should be able to receive that amount from any source I would think.

1 Like

Got my AC30 tonight and am unable to charge with any source (cannot try solar yet) that is not between 13.5 and 14.75 volts. Not encouraging for fast charging at all. The 19 volt 120 watt charger would not charge at all since it was over 15 volts. I can get up to 144 watt with my adjustable power supply set to 14.75 volts. Any higher and the charging stops, voltage has to be lowered and the charging cord removed and re-inserted.

1 Like

Don’t know if this helps but my Maxoak CPAP Battery Backup has several different outputs. I plugged it into the AC30 using the 15v 4amp setting and it worked. But when I switched to the 24v 4amp setting, the screen came on briefly but no input shown, and then it shut off. BTW the barrel plug got very hot when it was charging at 15v 4amps, but I believe that’s because the plug was not the right size. It was close, but wiggled a bit and was not firm.

1 Like

I tried my 90 watt 14.5 VDC charger tonight. No good. The charging will begin and then after about 15 minutes the 90 watts slowly builds to 126 watts until the voltage goes higher than 14.75 and charging stops. At this point, I have no leads for a higher rate charger.

1 Like

Damn! I was counting on you. :wink:

I was counting on me too. The AC30 definitely has a unique charging circuit. It appears that the voltage requirments change depending on the SOC charge of the battery. If anyone else out there finds a 14.5 volt 10 amp charger, please let me know. I would def. like to include a faster charger option that works.

As mentioned on the Facebook group. I have been successful charging the AC30 at 90watts with a lenovo laptop charger rated at 20v at 4.5amps

3 Likes

How long did you perform the charge. I have successfull at starting a charge but they do not keep running. I also used an in line DC watt meter to keep track of incoming watts

I was successful in charging it from completely depleted to fully charged and everything in between. At the end is charges slower as it nears 100%

1 Like

Ok Sunjkumar, I ordered one genuine Lenovo charger just like yours and two different after market clones. The Lenovo was $23, One clone $21 and and other $14. I will try all three. I was using an in line DC meter that read actual watts going into the AC30. I did not measure AC watts used. The only brick I had that worked somewhat was a 14.5 volt and it worked well until about 70 % charged. After that point, the AC30 began pulling over the rated watts by a good margin and overloaded. All the other higher voltage bricks I tried would show charging on the AC30 screen but no wattage was going through after about 5 seconds. Maybe you found the sweet spot with the Lenovo charger. I will update when I get them and try

2 Likes

KyleT has tried the following charger and was able to get 140W out of it, granted that you may have to make your own connectors.

Adjustable DC Power Voltage Converter AC 110V-220V to DC 0-48V Module Switching Power Supply Digital Display 480W Voltage Regulator Transformer Built in Cooling Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777MH681/ref=cm_sw_r_li_apa_fabc_lJjdGbKWN4SR6

1 Like

I have and use one of those to charge all of my devices. But… you can go no higher than 14.74s or charging stops

With 10amp, that is 140W.