EP500 Won’t Charge from wall

:frowning: good luck, hope they respond/replace in a timely manner.

Hi! I may have missed the 1 setting step reading this entire thread of your troubleshooting with Bluetti Global. How about your PV Priority setting? Try to change it to 100% and check your grid input charge rate. If this has already been tested, please ignore my comment here…

Ya I tried. When set to PV mode and low battery level @ 100%, grid power turns on and the unit only charges at 2-3 watts with the cooling fans running the entire time. Because I know the unit out of the box charged from grid at 500watts this must be a firmware issue creating this problem. Still no word from cust service.

@Fotoboy Would you mind waiting? Our video is doing now, we will post it as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for your comments, but it’s highly unlikely your video will shed any light on the root cause of my issue. I understand how each of the UPS Modes work and I’ve exercised every option of each with no change in outcome to resolve my problem. Each UPS mode is activating the unit to turn on properly but something is limiting the grid charging of the unit to 2-4 watts. I need help from your team to see if this is some type of software or firmware issue as the unit has charged at 500w during initial charging. Is it possible for someone on your eng team to look into this specific issue or is it easier to just replace my unit? I look forward to your comments or a phone call on next steps.

As of today my EP500 started having the same issue. I have a current charge of 84%, I get PV power input but only 1 watt of AC power input. I too have adjusted all of the UPS Parameters with no luck. Not sure what changed as everything was working last night. Also, my fan is constantly running when plugged into AC.

This sounds like you have the same issue as mine. All UPS modes turn grid pwr on at the right time but the unit only pulls grid pwr at 1-4 watts and the fan runs the entire time, right?

Yes, that is exactly what is happening. Not sure what changed with my unit as I have not performed a firmware update. It must be a issue inherent to some of the units they shipped. I hope it can be fixed with a software update.

Is there an email address where I can submit the issue to Bluetti to request warranty service?

This is the email I sent my issue into, but as of today, I’ve received no response other than the Admin on this share site. Keep me update on your situation as I will do the same.
service@bluetti.com

Will do, thank you. I found this email address earlier and received a reply asking for a video which I just sent. Will keep you posted.

Thank you Mike, this is very helpful information to have. I truly appreciate you sharing it with me.

1 Like

I have had emails with Bluetti daily and they seem to think the issue is with the charging cable and are sending me a new one. I will let you know if this fixed the issue.

I just received an email from Bluetti customer service and they said they are going to replace my EP 500. I guess the problem is serious enough that it can’t be fixed over the air through a software or firmware fix.

Thank you for sharing. I hope this is the issue. No one has yet to contact me.

Thanks for the update. This is not good. I’m still trying to get someone to respond to me. Looks like I’ll need the same corrective action as you. I will continue to share on this tread until my issue is resolved so others can share in the experience of BLUETTI customer service.

I would reach out to them again. Your ticket must have gotten lost. They were quick to respond.

@Fotoboy If you haven’t gotten the response, please contact my colleague at crowdfunding@bluetti.com. They are responsible for issues about the EP500.

Thank you. I just sent them an email with the background on my issue. Lets hope they get back to me.