EB3A won't turn on and charge

Hi! I got a brand new power station EB3A from the official store and I can’t turn it on. It doesn’t react and when I plug in the charger to change it, it also doesn’t turn on. I have been charging (stable 220V) it from more than 24 hours already and still no reaction. I have contacted support, but didn’t get any reply. Can anybody help please?

Hi there!
Sure I will try to help you!
I experienced similar problems with both of my EB3A…
The solution is to charge the Power Station using the Solar Input for at least 24 hours!!
You can also use a Car Charging Apapter or a 12V Charger from an ihrer BLUETTI or Poweroak Power Station!
Good luck
Dietmar

‚Ihrer‘ means ‚an other‘!

Thank you a lot!
unfortunately, I don’t have any of that :(

Do you mean just charge it using input 12-28v, but not usual input 220-240v?

You can try both!
Normally only Solar-Input will do!
Regards
Dietmar

I have gone to the Electronics shop and found v12 wire. We have plugged it in and yes, the display and outputs started working, but the input is always 000 and once you unplug the wire, it turns off again. So, it gets switched on while 12v is plugged in but it doesn’t get charged. And in the mobile app I can see an error “Battery pack communication failure”

Simply keep the 12v wire connected and charge also by grid for at least 12 hours without touching any button!
I had exactly the same issue!!
Now the Power Station is working fine…

Hi Dietmar,

Thank for all you recommendations. We finally bought the 12v charger for it and for the first time I misread your last message and was sure that we just need to connect 12v wire and charge with it during 12 hours. So, apparently, it didn’t work. Then my bf connected the charger as well and it started being charged!!! Amazing!
But, unfortunately, we did touch all the buttons during this time and even charged my laptop from it at the same time. And now despite it is 100% charged, when we remove the 12v wire, it turns off again :frowning:
Is that critical that we didn’t leave it without touching aby button or we still can do that?

Hi there!
Just make sure that the Power Station has enough time to get fully charged by two Inputs without any load on the Output!
That‘s my guess.
Good luck
Dietmar

Hello!
Having the same situation with my eb3a. It worked perfectly for 3 months, but yesterday I discharged it to 0%. After, when charging started, it immediately showed 100%, but without connecting to the grid, it turns off. How is your eb3a doing now?

1 Like

Have the same error “Battery pack communication failure” if charging via PV, inut shows 0W. If Grid, it has no errors, but the input is still 0W. The battery level stucks at 100%, but when grid disconnected the EB3A turns off instantly.

Having the same issue here - shows 100% charged but when either PV input or Grid input is removed, it shutdowns and won’t turn on. It seems it got discharged low enough that BMS “may” have disconnected the batteries to protect it from further discharge (low battery protection). Already tried leaving the PV input which connected to my 24V lifepo4 Redodo fully charged batteries for more than 12 hours and still didn’t get charged. I’m trying the AC/grid input now. On PV input only, it shows ‘battery pack communication failure’ on the app. On AC/grid input, no faults shown in the app. However, activating the DC output, shows ‘short’ fault and this is without any load connected. Note, I don’t have Eco and Powerlifting mode turned on. It’s all default. Hopefully it revives/auto corrects itself after 24hours on AC/grid input. Otherwise, would be contacting Bluetti soon. FYI, purchased this unit on late April. Had only been using for less than 5 months and its already “not” functioning. Usual AC load is about 100W average. I have never triggered AC overload condition.

I also have an EB3A since a few weeks. All working fine, touch wood. Reading about these kinds of issues makes me a little apprehensive about making sure it continues to work well for the foreseeable future. Would you have any tips/pieces of advice you could share about caring for your unit to make sure it continues to function well? I may make a separate thread for this actually…

My apologies for not reporting back early, the good news is that my eb3a is working again. Though I didn’t see any indications that it was charging, charging via the AC/Grid input did the trick. In about 4-5 hours, I checked back on it, as before it was still showing 100% charge. I removed the AC/grid input and it stayed on this time. I did a manual shutdown by holding down one of the 3 buttons until the screen went blank. This also clears any errors. Pressed a button again and it went back on. No errors on the display and on the app with 100% showing full charge. I turned on AC and DC output; plugged back my AC and DC loads. After 30 minutes, I checked and it was still about 90% charged. I’ve been running it for days and its holding up. I’m using it to power my mini home lab. Hoping to have that fully off-grid. A few other issues/nuisances, the AC inverter output is flaky. When charging with the PV input (only), before it goes to 100% charge, the AC output, would behave weird that one of mini-PCs powered by it would shutdown. This is not good for an off-grid homelab setup. I know it’s not my mini-PCs since this doesn’t happen when I’m connected to the grid. Hence, I’m forced to add a UPS in between which is not ideal since it adds more inefficiencies. Now another nuisance with that is the UPS would detect this abnormal power condition (eb3a approaching 100% charged) and would beep from time to time (100% getting discharged to 99% and charged back again to full). The UPS did its job and did prevent any of the machines from shutting down though I would need to get rid of the UPS warning beeps soon – its getting more annoying. Another nuisance is that you can’t power off eb3a if you have any charging input (PV or Grid) connected. This means that I really have to construct a custom wifi-switching circuit to cut-off PV input. I already researched the EB3a bluetooth protocol and plan to add bluetooth to wifi web monitoring. Once I have that, not only that I can remotely cut-off PV input when I want (prevent 100% charged state), but also have PV input switching – direct solar OR from 24V LFP batteries for night charging. Hopefully I have time to make all of this. :D

1 Like

bluetti eb3a battery pack communication failure Error - “A006”
Connect any 12 V power source (the screen will show 100% and go off, this is normal). We wait one hour, then connect the 220 V plug (DO NOT DISCONNECT THE 12 V POWER) We go into the application and see if charging is going on. We are waiting for a full charge =) P.S. It shows 100% charge, but in fact the battery is empty. I will be glad if I help someone)

1 Like

have you solved your issue? I have the same issue. Can Bluetti provide any inputs?

I had mine for about three months then i went to sleep one night woke up no power at all screen not on wont charge now all im left with is a giant plastic block that cost me £220, it also didn’t live up to expectations??? 600watts?? no where near… cuts out at about 240 and has deaded when trying that.
Having read all of these comments this company sold me a product knowing they had a faulty product but continued to sell them anyway.