Does AC200MAX auto-power off?

My AC200 MAX auto power off after some hours while AC and DC are off (no connection with the AC 4 hours eco mode).

Is it normal ?? Can’t I keep my station on permanently, with DC and AC off?
Thanks

5 Likes

It will turn off after 4 hours if you are not using it unless it is charging by solar or some other means.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer, I didn’t know that.
Too bad it’s not adjustable, it’s embarrassing.
My AC200 uses virtually nothing when DC and AC are stopped and it allows me to connect ac or dc remotely.

@bluetti a new function to be implemented in a firmware??

2 Likes

Just to clarify, If the AC and DC sides are not even turned on then there would be no reason to have it on in the first place so it makes sense that it would shutdown. If you take it out of eco mode and leave the AC side turned on it should remain on regardless if theres an AC load or not.

2 Likes

You’re right, but the AC converter consumes battery power even without a connected load.
These are curious choices, but let’s deal with.

1 Like

Agreed. when the outputs are on, you’re draining the battery. I suppose the feature everyone would like is for the unit to be completely off, and you could just turn it on from the app remotely.

1 Like

Exactly :wink:
That’s why am testing that SwitchBot

A “remote finger” (Rob Stevens)

5 Likes

Switchbot is an excessive piece of hardware. You can buy an ESP32 for a few bucks, upload an “ESP32 bluetti bridge” project, and get an opportunity to let’s say trigger DC ON/OFF every three hours. It’ll keep the station alive.

1 Like

If the AC and DC sides are not even turned on then there would be no reason to have it on in the first place

You’re missing the scenario where ac200 is in the automated system and used as a reserve power supply. I’m using AC sensor to check when the city electric line is off and switching on AC on bluetti. It makes a lot of sense to keep it always online to me. It works perfectly and drains almost no battery. The charging is also automated and turns on when the battery level is lower than expected.

Is the machine shut down due to lack of power?
If the machine is not shut down because of the lack of power, you need to provide the SN code, I can let the engineer to help you upgrade the firmware to see if it still occurs

If I want to start dc or ac with Bluetooth APP I can’t . Have to go to power on :wink:.

Hello, no the battery is full, it is simply that ac and dc are OFF the station is standby but it turns off after 4 hours.
If ac or dc are ON and something is connected it does not turn off.

1 Like

Get exactly the same which in our case is useful since it saves being on with no power usage. When we have a fridge plugged in all the time so it never powers off.

1 Like

@wyse That shut off is enabled by design. The unit will consume power regardless if the outputs are turned on or off. Referred to as idle consumption of the power station, and with the beast of an inverter in the AC200MAX, can be pretty “high” compared to smaller/less powerful units. This feature has actually saved me tho many times from returning to a depleted battery by accidentally leaving the unit on. In your use case, if you dont want the unit to power off and not too worried about idle consumption, maybe keep the DC side turned “on”?

hi m.briney
thank you for your answer.
At the outset, it was a simple question, and I can’t say it’s really a huge problem.

In general my station is ON/ dc or ac and of course in the morning it lights up by the solar panel.
It’s just that I think it could be optional, as is the AC port.
The switchBot really makes my life easier even if you need to activate dc or ac, but it can be done remotely in Bluetooth.

An ESP32 module seems too complex for my needs.

1 Like

I’m OK with idle consumption; my setup is aware of the current battery level and will automatically keep it on the desired level. Still, it’s impossible to get the battery level when BT is off. I suggest giving a few of us an option to turn off the 4-hour idle automatic switch. I know that it could puzzle up some people and bring the station to a deep discharge state which can ruin the battery and possibly create more issues under warranty. Still, I’m aware of it and want that option anyway, maybe under a foolproof hidden menu or something like this.

@gera_b Yea I totally know what you’re talking about and I feel ya. Sorta like how the AC500 requires the user to get an access code from bluetti, to be able to increase the charge amount. They release the code with making sure that the user knows the risks behind it. Its a good idea in theory and I will pass it along to the team. Not sure exactly if the firmware is capable in that means or not with the AC200Max but its worth a shot. Good suggestion man. :metal:

1 Like

What prevents them from giving the option to not turn off the power by 4 hours and to make an automatic shutdown at x% battery low like a simple smartphone??

1 Like

Maybe the lack of interest from the community and also the current roadmap that prioritizes main ‘safe’ functionality over features that may have benefits for a limited amount of users? We may ask, but as a developer myself, I assume they could justify the request as not essential and which could bring more problems than benefits. It’ll be cool to have it, but you know they never advertised this feature for this product. Hopefully, they won’t come to that slippery road of ‘if you want x, you should buy X-product,’ you know :joy:. I won’t be able to handle one more thing to my top floor

1 Like

Hello,

is the Bluetti designed to remain power on 24/7 ?
In case yes, what is the internal power consumption, when DC=on & AC=off, without any load connected to the device?