Does AC200MAX auto-power off?

With AC and DC Off, my consumption is extremely low. My AC200MAX can stay still at battery charge for up to 24 hours and more.
I guess the consumption is limited to standby electronics and Bluetooth.

Keep in mind the product is a simple presentation of already existing products combined into a single multifunction unit. Their whole angle is to be able to present the product as SAFE and DEPENDABLE and of course the big one -->> SIMPLE.

It could be simple AND customizable. If it were fully packed with settings and options and maybe optional WIFI and MQTT, etc., the end-user like me wouldn’t spend days and nights trying to figure out how to power up my hardware to be able to back up my work, how to write algorithms to calculate time left on the battery, how to make it work properly in my environment. And you know what? It was anything but SIMPLE.

lost 4% in 3 days with AC&DC off

1 Like

After nine days, 75% were left in standby mode; approx. 2,37Wh per hour or 56.88Wh per day. This is way too high for Bluetooth LE, maybe HMI could be optimized better, but at least I start understanding why Bluetti doesn’t want us to use it on standby for a long period. At least it looks like BMI is in deep sleep mode - I no longer get per-cell voltage from BT.

1 Like

Hi.
Is there any chance the team responded positively, but you forgot to promote a special firmware update to us? :upside_down_face:

@gera_b Are you referring to the screen timeout button feature?? Because they actually did update this last week in a firmware update and it is now customizable and user defined!! Go check it out! :slight_smile:

Wow, great news! Just for clarification, did they add a “never turn off AC200M on idle” flag or something? I have just checked firmware updates and there was no new firmware available. Should I request it with SN?

Ah, that’s not what I requested earlier. The new feature is a screen timeout, and what we discussed earlier in this thread was an AC200M timeout, which is a different thing. Such a pity that I had to stick with those unnecessary Switchbots

@gera_b You can setup the ecomode to turn off the unit after a while if the unit isnt outputting wattage. Is that what you are looking for?? Or are you looking for a way that would shut off the outputs but keep the unit in “standby” mode? What I do is leave solar inputted into the unit, which will power on the unit when the sun comes up and starts charging it.

Second one, @m.briney . I need it to be operational 24/7 completely without Eco-mode. The winter is coming which means russians will strike our energetic system again and it’s a little inconveniently to power AC200M manually, when outages may occur overnight or when I’m not at home.

Hello
Your suggestion to go through an ESP32 also scared me a little (so I tested with a raspberry pi and a buetooth dongle and bluetti-mqtt … but it was not reliable, probably because of my hardware). An alternative solution is to go through an old android phone, on which the bluetti application is running to be able to switch the DC on and off… and automate the click on the button DC on/off in the application using macrodroid app (to automate the android task). It was complicated to develop this but I managed to do this now (my need is to inject via a grid tie converter connected to the DC12V… and to stop the injection and turn off the DC on my AC200max when my electricity consumption of my house is below a certain threshold…and “vice et versa”). It’s easy to adapt my macro to switch the DC on and off every 3 hours for example, to prevent the AC200max from switching off permanently.

Bonus: On this old android phone connected to wifi or to a LTE network, you can also install the teamviewer application (it’s free) to be able on your actual phone to remotely view and control the bluetti application connected via bluetooth to your AC200max. (thanks to Bluetti Tip Trick Ac200Max how to control your device while away. - YouTube )

I wish it were that simple @Snips1. My experience with DC triggering showed that you cannot rely on that method. It simply won’t work occasionally, shutting down the AC200M.
Last winter, I thought ESP32 was a good idea, but I don’t think so anymore, bluetti-mqtt seems much more reliable. I’ve ordered two Switchbots, one for the station and an additional battery. Will see how it goes. It’s a pity that developers don’t want to hear us.