D050 dc charging enhancer w/solar panels

I did find this person . that found 2 250w panels to work I sent him a message to let me know the brand or which panels he used. see his post.his name is ( daninus1)

@number37 , I currently use 2 fixed 250W panels on my roof. 60V/8.3A, which gives me close to 500W on a good day. Previously I had an over-paneled configuration with two sets of these, 2S2P (4 panels), e.g. capable of 16.6A @60V. As the D050S current limits the input, just like the AC200Max does, I had no issue operating like that with current limited to 10A. this gave me 500W frequently from the unit. And yes, I have to admit, OCV was higher than the max 60V input, but I have not had any issues.

All you need to do is to do is find panels that do not exceed (connected together in combination) the 60 volt input limit while able to input at least 10 amps. You can exceed the amperage but not the voltage.

Take a look at this video. It explains the results of using panels with different voltage/current output ratings.

Maybe six of these 100 watt Newpowa https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6LZRXM/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AV16HZDTPF1LD&th=1.
The VOC is 20.23v so three in series would only be a hair over 60v but the one panel I own has an actual VOC of 19.7v.
Two strings of three panels in series would be a theoretical 510 watts. So with losses they might yield close to 400 watts.

Update: wanted to let everyone know i found my perfect panels, to work with the D050 dc Enhancer. getting @ my highest 428 watts with these panels. Got them from SanTan Solar (used panels Cheap)

Thanks everyone for you input.

2 Likes

Happy it worked out for you!

Apparently 60v is the amount the D050S will accept but not the VOC limit. Today I tried mine with 3 Bluetti SP200 panels which have an actual VOC of 72v and its been working fine putting 400-440 watts into my AC200P.

1 Like

Great to hear that. Thanks for info

Let us know how much voltage you can apply before your D050S will no longer function so we know the absolute upper limit.

If the sun ever comes back here in the NW I’ll try three of my 200w Renogy’s which have a combined VOC of 81v.

Bluetti shows three PV 120 or 200 panels hooked up to a D050S so if they are 200’s that would be a VOC of 78.3v so I wouldn’t be surprised if it can take 81v.

My three Renogy 200w panels which have a theoretical VOC of 81 volts gave me an actual VOC of 74 volts. The D050S handled it fine all day averaging around 450-480 watts on the AC200P’s “guess o meter” screen. The best I saw on an inline watt meter before the D050S was in the low 480’s.

So during the actual solar input portion while charging you were below the 60 volt stated limit for the DO50S…Correct? I wonder what the upper voltage limit for VOC is before it errors out?