Bluetti AC240 Parallel Kit Review

I did this review as a video, so I hope you enjoy my introduction to the Fusion Kit, and as I put it to some serious use.

7 Likes

Hello
Thank you for the very informative video (including the log splitting section !).

Can you tell me if the parallel kit has fans or the cooling is completely passive ?
Can you use both the parallel kit and the power socket or DC socket on the A240 at the same time?

1 Like

@hnymann
Many thanks to Henry for preparing the video on the AC240 parallel unit!
I believe this video can effectively help those who have questions about the P480A box. :nut_and_bolt:

1 Like

You’re very welcome, I did rather enjoy making the log splitting section of the video. Regarding cooling, the parallel unit does not appear to have any electronics in it, and I believe that the synchronizing of the output is done by the AC240s. The connectors on the parallel kit includes communication and power connections. So there is no active cooling.

Honestly, I have not tried using an AC outlet on one of the AC240s while using the parallel kit. My expectation is that they will still work, but it would be interesting to see how the load balancing responds. I will test this, and the DC outputs too.

1 Like

I found an opportunity to test the AC240s and parallel kit while also using the internal AC outlets. Basically, the USB and AC outlets on the individual units do work while in parallel mode, but how they responded to a load on a single AC240 while also powering a parallel load was quite interesting to see. @Snips1 I hope you find this helpful!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this detailed test. I thought it was the batteries (DC) of the two Ac240 which were put in parallel, and in the parallel box there was an inverter… But you told me that there was no ventilation in the parallel box, this gave me doubts, and finally your test seems to confirm your analysis: the parallel box must allow the two inverters of the 2 Ac240s to synchronize to produce an AC signal in phase, then it is the AC outputs of the two inverters which are put in parallel (hence the 50/50 balancing even for a device connected to one of the Ac240s).
Thanks!

2 Likes

Is this fusion kit for the AC240 not available or even “coming soon” or something? I am in a situation I need it but searching for it only leads here or the mention of it on the AC240 product page. There’s zero mention of it anywhere else online that I can find it’s really strange. Bad news if it’s not even announced yet but the product page where I bought my 240 states you can put the unit in parallel with a 2nd unit and this so called P480A kit that doesn’t seem to exist. I bought the battery and an expansion for it figuring if I need the 4800w I can do that in the future, had no idea the device isn’t available.

My only other option is taking a MASSIVE loss and getting an entirely new power station system which is a huge bummer. My 240 will end up collecting dust, and I think the only viable option would be anker.

@Hurdy Sorry for inconvenience caused. :pleading_face:
After confirmation, the P480A Parallel Box will arrive and be available on the official website in mid to late June.
May I know your order number? Once the product arrives, I will notify the sales team to provide priority assistance for your purchase.

1 Like

BLUETTI-CA14769

Canada btw. Mid June wouldn’t be too bad, I need to get a 2nd AC240 as well, hopefully they’re on sale when the parallel kit releases.

1 Like

I ordered (2) AC240 recently, arriving August. Is the parallel kit available now?

Thanks

@dagaitan Regarding the specific arrival/shelf time, I suggest you email the pre-sales service team for the corresponding region.