Bluetti AC200P/AC300 vs. Titan

I’m seriously considering getting AC200max +b230 bundle (for home power outages). I’ve never had need of a 30amp cord, anyone have a recommendation (guage/quality, price, reliable). I’m guessing 25’ adequate.

Eventually want to look into transfer switch box w/ 30amp plug inside the house (I just want the solar panel cables to come into the house (so I don’t have to haul the bkuetti s outside. Just thinking outloud right now on possible implementation s.

@SoulGen I presume when you bought the MAX+B230 it comes w/ all the required connection cables? As opposed to us needing separate cable for our AC200/Ps?

1 Like

Yeah the B300/230 batteries come with the cable needed to plug into the Max or AC300.

I already had a transfer switch in my garage for a gas generator so when I got my AC200P I just made up a cable to plug it into the transfer switch, works great! Since the sogen end of the cable is just a normal 15 amp household plug I can use any of my sogens with the transfer switch.

Like you I didn’t want to lug the AC200P around so I use 80’ of solar extension cable to to go from the inside of the garage where my AC200P lives to the panels.

If I ever get an AC300 I’ll make up a separate cable for it as well.

2 Likes

Great real world example. Thank you for sharing. My favorite is the dedicated circuit for the Kitchen coffee plug. I run my home (during outages) with an interlock setup connected with the same type of cord and I love it.

1 Like

Yeah someday I need to install an interlock on my main panel as well. Right now I can back feed through a 50 amp outlet in the garage to power the whole panel but don’t like to use it very often due to the chance of forgetting to flip off the main and other breakers. Plus the back feed cable has male plugs at each end so there’s a chance of electrocution if I forget to power everything down before handling it, hence the term “suicide plug”.

1 Like

Thank you Eric for sharing your approach!!

Has anyone taken steps to harden home/rv/auto/genies from risk(slight??) from EMP or CME? If so what solution did you decide on.

I am using T.A.R.P. for auto and still trying to determine home protection (ferrites?).

Wow, 6 15A, 2 20A and 2 30A. I’m not sure if I have anything that requires 30A (AC? But I would not run it cause at most if I get MAX200+1b230 and my b230 arrives fir my AC200P I will only have 8000w, if my math correct).

I learned from the trade guys replacing my furnace, water heater and ac the our nice government considers AC a luxury and not a requirement. Gee I wonder if they would have the same viewpoint if the AC to their homes and government offices were shut off for a year. I wonder.

Those transfer switch circuit breaker amp numbers are just the amp capacity of the circuits going into the main panels circuit breakers. The most I’ve ever needed is a 20 amp circuit for the microwave which pulls close to 2,000 watts for a few minutes.

I suppose the 30 amp circuits could be useful for large pumps or a clothes dryer.

My heat pump (air conditioner) requires a 50 amp circuit so I would have to step up to a couple of AC300’s and a pile of batteries to run that thing!

1 Like

Got it, thx. I was wondering.

Although I have posted this elsewhere, I am also putting it here under this topic: Using an interlock may be illegal where you live. For example, in the city of Los Angeles they are - I personally talked with the appropriate City inspector on this and this was made very clear. In these cases, a transfer switch can be used. I have used Reliance R310A; great way of doing it!
jtdavis

2 Likes

Roxie, if you want to use a B230 with your AC200/P, you need the connector cable for that.

Bluetti had offered to supply one for free with proof of purchase prior to August 20th for your AC200 or AC200P, and order number for your B230, but supplies were limited. They will offer it for sale. It is very expensive to make, as part of it is the connector on the battery that connects to an AC200Max, and that is a special connector they designed and patented.

Email them at: service@bluettipower.com asap to ask for the connector, if you qualify, but no guarantee they still have them for free. It might cost $100 or more otherwise. If you get a B230, it does come with the cable needed to connect it to an AC200Max.

This is the honkin’ cable used to connect to the AC200Max.

In this screenshot, the part that you need is the top half. The bottom part is the XT90 to Aviation you already have with your AC200/P. Or as Mark says, you can buy the DC Charging Enhancer and connect it that way. The DC Charging Enhancer is well worth getting, as with it you can use it to charge the B230 separately with up to 500W solar if, for instance, you want to take it camping to use as a standalone DC power source.

239741464_336449861518370_3003676230877478185_n

Here is it shown connected via the DC Charging Enhancer. In this case you would connect the B230 to the DC Charging Enhancer with the special cable going into the XT90 input, then connect the DC7909 plug into the AC input on the AC200/P

:

2 Likes

Yep i did get the email in and bluetti said i would ne getting one, im bery grateful.

I look forward to ur max200 review.

1 Like