AC300 max solar limit

I have tested today if the 200w direct battery input will charge WHILE the PV1/PV2 are charging, and as far I can determine, the DC Battery input is COMPLETELY SHUT off when the B300 is connected to the AC300.
The ONLY way I could get the panel connected directly to the B300 to charge, was to unlock the communication cable from the battery to the AC300. If the B300 was connected to the AC300, the solar input was ignored.
I shut off complete the PV1/2 input to the AC300, but it did not matter. I had to disconnect the battery completely from the AC300 to get it to charge.
BUETTI Admin, please advise if this could be a firmware issue that is affect the B300s ability to take a direct charge if the AC300 is connected.
Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the information.
How did you test this?

It was very easy actually. I shut off the PV1/2 inputs via a disconnect, leaving only the one panel connected directly to the battery. The battery was still connected to the AC300 initially. I was getting NO CHARGING AT ALL. I started to disconnect the B300 from the AC300…flipped the cable lock…alarm went off (communication error). I didn’t even have to unplug the plug all the way to notice that the BATTERY charge lights had activated and the panel was charging.
I reproduced the scenario a couple more times. If the communication cable between the B300 and AC300 was plugged in, the panel connected directly to the battery does not charge.
@BLUETTI_CARE ?

1 Like

OK
I’m curious to hear Bluetti’s opinion on this problem.

greetings from Germany

Is your battery’s solar panel generating enough electricity? I remember we had an issue charging our unit due to insufficient voltage from the panel.

Yes, AFAIK, when I shut down the communication cable, charging switched to the panel connected to the battery. When the AC300 Communication Battery Cable was connected, the B300 did not charge from the battery directly connected to the battery.

3 Likes

Hello,
I have now tested the PV inputs on the B300 with an ammeter. Charging occurs even if the B300 is connected to the AC300 and the PV inputs on the AC300 are turned on, even if the indicator lights on the B300 are not flashing.
However, I don’t know the power loss of the B300’s charge controllers. I suspect that effective charging starts at around 30W. Maybe Bluetti can comment on this.

@DrewLoker When B300 is powered on, connect AC300 to see if AC300 is working normally? Then, when the two are connected and the AC300 is turned on, plug the adapter into the B300 to see if it can charge. If not, pay attention to whether there is an error on the AC300 and what error it is.

AC300 and B300 working great…B300 charges from PV1/2 in 2 hours.
If I shut off the PV1/2 to AC300 but leave B300 plugged into the AC300, the panel connected directly to the B300 will not charge.
If I disconnect B300 from AC300, the panel connected to the B300 will charge the B300.
While charging from direct panel to B300, if I reconnect the AC300, but leave off the AC300 panels, charging stops.

2 Likes

@DrewLoker

1. Firstly, I’d like to confirm one thing, is the conclusion of not being able to charge determined from whether the battery pack’s power indicator is blinking, or by looking at the charging power? Before that, I would like to clarify that the charging power is not displayed on the AC300 if the solar panel is attached to the battery pack.

2. If it’s the battery pack’s power indicator that isn’t blinking, could you please connect the solar panel to the AC300 and check the PV input voltage and current on the screen and let me know.

3. Could you please provide me with the SN of AC300 and the firmware version for me to check?

1 Like

Thanks for working on this.

1. The B300 lights do in fact blink…two different scenarios. - B300 charging lights blink when the AC300 is charging the battery. - The B300 charging lights ALSO blink when a panel is connected directly to the B300 and the AC300 is not connected. The B300 STOPS blinking if the battery’s panel that was just working is interrupted by reconnecting the AC300
    and the AC300 has no PV input. In other word, the blinking stops when the AC300 is connected, even though it was just blinking when only the panel was connected to the battery. Only thing that changes is the AC300 is connected, and the charging panel direct to the battery appears to immediately stop charging.
    However, I did not just determine this from lights or no lights. I left the B300 with its panel directly connect alone to charge. And after some time had passed, I reconnected the battery to the AC300 and it had not received any charge based
    on the SOC of the battery before and after.
  2. I can’t easily do 2 as I put the standalone panel up to storage as we had a tornado watch a few days ago. However, the single standalone panel connected to the battery did absolutely charge the battery if I left the AC300 disconnected. If I connected the AC300 with the AC300 panels shut off, not charging. The panel did charge B300 if the AC300 stayed disconnected.
  3. AC3002228000268656
    Not sure which is the firmware: DSP: 4031.09, ARM: 4032.09, HMI: 6029.11, Battery Pack 2: 1021.06, Pack 3: 1014.16
1 Like

@DrewLoker Thanks for your detailed information. Could you please update the DSP firmware to test?

Hello Bluetti_care,
i’m have the same problem.
Can I also become a new assembled Firmware?
Is this for the AC300 or for the B300?

Wich ID you need?

@Akel As we mentioned above, did you test the PV input power? Is it lower than 40W?
If you need the firmware, we can push it for you to test. Please provide me with the SN and the firmware version.

1 Like

Hello Bluetti_care,
thank you for helping me.
Here is my data:

SN: 2244001317866
DSP: 4036.07
ARM: 4037.05
HMI: 6035.06

Battery 1 BMS 1021.07
Battery 2 BMS 1021.07
Battery 3 BMS 1021.07

Greatings from Germany

Hello Bluetti_Care, I was able to get almost everything updated.
One of the batteries, Pack 3, did not want an update…and is still on 1014.16…and that is the one with the direct solar panel. The other battery, Pack 2, did apply an update.
However, even after the update to the DSP, etc. the behavior of not charging when the AC300 was plugged in appeared to be consistent with prior to the update. I did not think at the time to switch the solar panel to Pack 2 to see if the fact that Pack 3 was the issue until just now…and it will be a few days (this next weekend) before I can test again.
But in the mean time, why would Pack 3 be stuck on 1014? It was my first battery purchase back in August. The newer battery, Pack 2, did accept a new BSM update.
Thanks!

1 Like

@DrewLoker 1014.16 is the latest firmware. The latest firmware version number may be different because of different machine versions.
When you try to connect the solar panel to another battery pack, could you also make another attempt to connect the solar panel to the AC300 and check the PV input voltage and provide me with the following picture?
befa2a5c3f9cb8020dbb005793d4287d

Hello Bluetti_care,
thank you for helping me.
Here is my data:

SN: 2244001317866
DSP: 4036.07
ARM: 4037.05
HMI: 6035.06

Battery 1 BMS 1021.07
Battery 2 BMS 1021.07
Battery 3 BMS 1021.07

Greatings from Germany

@Akel Firmware pushed, you can have a test.

1 Like

Hello,
best thanks.
I have done the actualisation now.

Can you tell me the differences between the old DSP 4036.07 and the new 4036.10 please?
So that I know what to pay attention to during the test.

Thanks and greatings from Germany

1 Like