AC300 max solar limit

if 2400 watt per unit is the max per AC300 unit. but i have more solar energy left … could add the other panels to the B300s dc input side have them being charge there as well at the same time.
if so what are the limits over there. thank you

2 Likes

The specs says 200 watts solar input. Think of the batteries on the AC300, with 2400 watts your B300 will be charged in 1 1/2 hours.

thank you ! so it would take ~6 hours if i have 4xB300
and then charging the batteries parallel on the DC side with additional 200watt would in total add around 800w to the 2400w maybe i can get the recharge down to 4-5h.

one more. Can the 200Watt DC charge directly to the batterie stay connected all the time ? meaning can the batterie be charged nonstop even when the batterie itself provides power to the Ac300 and is being discharged.

I do not have a AC300 but the specs say it has an UPS system and if it is like my EP500, I set the UPS to 20% low limit and then the solar input will charge it the rest of the way to 100%. It is been working great for six months now.

So can the main units be charged at the same time as the battery? So you get 2400W + 200 x (each b300)

I do not know, good question for Bluetti techs.

Hi @snowstorm @hey,

Thank you for asking.
Yes, the main unit can be charged at the same time as the battery. Pls kindly note the OCV of the battery when you charge them with solar panels.

2 Likes

Yes, you can. But the AC300 will not monitor the PV input on tbe B300, only the charge percentage.

To add to this question, Can you use the D050S (connected with panels-providing up to 500W) AND the 200W PV input AND be plugged into the AC 300 which is also charging the B300? Therefore, providing a theoretical 700W extra AND what the AC300 PV input provides. OR is there a limit on the input PV wattage into the B300.
With one battery = 2400W(AC300)+700W(D050S+PV input) = 3100W PV input?
With two batteries = 2400W + 700W + 700W = 3800W? and so on…

Hello,
I have an AC300 + B300.
The two inputs AC1 + AC2 of the AC300 are switched off.
If I feed 200W into the DC input (60V) of the B300, the B300 is not charged. The display on the B300 does not flash.
Only when I disconnect the cable between AC300 and B300 does the display on the B300 flash and it starts charging.
Why doesn’t the B300 charge when connected to the AC300?

greetings from Germany

Why doesn’t the B300 charge when connected to the AC300?

Did you ever get a response regarding this question?
I have AC1 and AC2 maxed out to AC300/2xB300. But, like you, also have one PV directly connected to only ONE of the B300 units. I did it that way initially, and never thought to disconnect AC1/2 to confirm that 200w was making it’s way to B300#1. I had suspected if the PV was helping…only decided that it is a very small amount compared to the 6x460 panels feeling the main inputs, and that it must just been trivial. And the batteries are fully charged by 11 or 12 anyway.
But the real reason for reading this post, again, was because having since hooked up a 2nd B300 unit, with only one of the B300 units connected to a dedicated panel, I have wondered the impact of doing so. I also have not noticed one battery unit getting additional SOC when technically it should…unless then AC300 is just essentially overriding or overwhelming the input from the Standalone DC PV on B300#1.
Anyway, I think I will definitely try your test…disconnect PC1/2 and see what happens. I have to wait until a weekend morning as the DC PV direct to B300#1 faces due east for early morning sun. My logic was to start charging before the roof mounted, south facing panels get sun.

3 Likes

@Akel We can’t reproduce the situation you mentioned. Can you take a video and show it to us?

1 Like

Wie kann ich etwas filmen, was nicht funktioniert.
Och habe das Problem verbal genau beschrieben.

@Akel We did what you mentioned (see the video attached) and there is no problem with it. You can have a check.

1 Like

Hallo, danke für ihre Bemühungen.
Sie haben den Eingang für das externe Ladegerät getestet.
Bei mir funktioniert das Laden über den 200W-Solareingang nicht, wenn der AC300 eingeschaltet und mit dem B300 verbunden ist.

Grüße aus Deutschland

@Akel If you use a solar panel to charge, will it still not charge no matter how long you plug in? If the charging is normal later, it may be that the solar panel did not have enough energy at a certain moment, so the battery pack was not activated. If it still cannot be charged all the time, I still hope you can provide a video for us to view the usage scenario and troubleshoot the cause.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for your trouble.
Please tell me at what wattage the PV input of the B300 should start charging. Bluetti should know this value exactly.
Then I can measure with my clamp ammeter.

Thanks

@Akel In fact, it can be charged no matter how small the power is, but only when it is above 40W, the battery pack’s power indicator light will flash in cycles to indicate that it is charging.

1 Like

Thank you for this valuable information.
My input power was probably below 40W and that’s why the display didn’t flash.
What about charging via the AC300’s PV1 and PV2 inputs?
How many watts does charging take place there and when do the displays on the B300 start flashing?

Greatings from Germany

@Akel On the AC300 screen, input power above 50W will be displayed.

1 Like