AC200P High overhead usage drops by 10% overnight with nothing on

So I charged my AC200P and left it plugged in and notice the charging adapter kept switching on and off even though I did not have AC or DC turned on.

I would turn the button off, but the unit does not charge if the power is off

So I decided to do a test and just charged to 100 and then let it sit overnight

It read 87% in the morning, that seems really high to use that much power doing nothing

It this expected?

Ben

2 Likes

You will have about 23 watts of standby power consumption with the AC200 on along with the AC and DC ports switched on. You will have less with just the power button on but will still consume power. If you press the large “remaining battery percent” portion in the middle of the screen, it will show the amount of current draw at a given moment. If you take 58 (Battery voltage) X the amp draw showing in the display you will get an idea of the power being drawn in watts at that moment. Take the watts being drawn and times it by the hours of being on do get a good idea of what the percentage of loss will be over a given time.

for example…58 (battery volts) X .3 (amps being drawn) = 17.4 watts per hour…
17.4 watts per hour x 12 hours = 209 watt hours consumed. 209 watt hours consumed / 1700 watt hour capacity = 12% overhead loss or 88% capacity left after 12 hours. This is just an example of calculation…not what actual expectations are.

3 Likes

Scott,
First, thanks for the clear reply.

Looking at this

I see with the unit on, nothing connected, DC and AC off I get 53.1V X .3 amps = 15.93 Watts per hour
The DC on adds .1 amps and the AC on adds .7amp.

The DC on and the AC on seem perfectly normal to draw that power, no questioning that. The ability to run and regulate these seems normal.

It just seems that the 16 Watts per hour of overhead to run the screen and BMS seems high. You could run and charge a ipad with that much power. I have a Jackery 1000 that once charged uses almost nothing when the AC and DC are off and stays at 100% for days without the screen on, but can be turned on in a moment.

I am just wondering if its the screen staying on with the light that’s push that draw up? Is there some sort of sleep mode that I dont know how to put it in when turned on?

Thanks for you insight and help.

Regards,
Ben

2 Likes

There is no sleep mode that I am aware of that turns the screen off. I don’t think the screen is using that much power, but the overall circuitry. I was thinking I saw 27 total watts with the AC and DC on but under no load but I could be mistaken. There is a post in the facebook group that shows screen shots of each screen load. If you search for standby watts you may find it. If I have time tonight, I will get mine out and do the same screens for comparison with yours.

Ben, here is what my fully charged AC200 reads with regards to standby battery drain:
(I am concerned that your voltage was reading so low. Was it almost empty when you took those readings?)

AC200 on…AC and DC off…57.8 Volts… (.1 amps) = 6 standby watts consumed.
AC200 on…DC On and AC off…57.8 Volts… (.2 amps) = 12 standby watts consumed.
AC200 on…DC off and AC on…57.8 Volts… (.3 amps) = 17 standby watts consumed.
AC200 on…DC on and AC on…57.8 Volts… (.4 amps) = 23 standby watts consumed.

It appears the unit consumes 6 watts just being on.
DC output on = 6 watts additional
AC Inverter on = 11 watts additional
Everything on with no load = 23 watts.

Standby Battery drain with no load.
AC-200 would go from full to 0 in approx. 250 hours just with the screen on.
AC-200 would go from full to 0 in approx. 125 hours with being on and the DC activated
AC-200 would go from full to 0 in approx. 88 hours with being on and the AC activated
AC-200 would go from full to 0 in approx. 65 hours left on with the AC and DC left on

1 Like

It a AC200P, and was actually almost at full charge when i checked these readings.
So your saying I should se .1 when just on and not doing anything, I am seeing .3

6 watts makes a lot more sense then the 16 i am seeing. Its there some sort of calibration or test I should do?

this a is a photo at 95% charge with AC and DC turned off
Google Photos

Just DC on
Google Photos

Just AC on
Google Photos

Thanks of the insight, as I said the draw seems high to me

1 Like

I see a couple of things that seem unusual…

1-Your battery voltage of 53 volts seems about 5 volts low to be at a 95% state of charge. BUT…your have an AC200P and mine is the AC200 with different battery chemistry. Your battery type (AC200P is Lifpo4 and mine is LI. You are also at a lower temp than I was due to mine being at room temperature.

2-Your standby current draw is considerably higher than mine. But again, we have two different machines but I would not think the battery type would affect the standby current draw.

Could someone else out there with a Bluetti AC200P check their same screens as shown above and report back the voltage and standby wattage current you are seeing? The screens are accessed by pressing the large %remaining numeral in the middle of the home screen.

1 Like

I posted pictures on the Facebook group and here they are again -

Mine are in this order as you requested on the Facebook post-

1-AC200 on, everything else off

2-AC power on with no load

3-DC power on with no load

4-AC and DC power on with no load.

That’s with 15% remaining. It came delivered with 23% and I used it last night to run my treadmill and charge my phone to test it out.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Can you send the same pics after a full recharge? I am interested in the battery voltage differences in the AC200 and the AC200P and also the standby amp draw. If the amp draw is the same at full charge, it appears that the AC200P has significantly higher standby power consumption in all modes than the AC200 has which does not make sense at this point.

Any other AC200 and AC200P owners want to chime in on their readings under the same circumstances?

Okay, let me charge it up, take the pictures and I’ll post them.

Okay, here are the pictures with 100% charge, all in the same order as previous.

Let me know if you need anything further!

1 Like

Thanks,

You are seeing the same thing as me with the AC200P, 16 Watts just to turn the unit on, I would expect the same draw for standby on between the units.

I will reach out to their support.
My thinking of why this is too high is this:
If this is a standby solar generator you want to leave with solar panels to charge.
6W24h=144w overhead a day to stay on seems ok.
16W
24=384W overhead a day to ston on seems excessive.
Not wrong in thinking this am I?

Ben

2 Likes

Based on this your AC200 would last around 10 days and the AC200P would last about 5, that seems wrong

Ben

1 Like

I agree, that is why it would be great to hear from a bunch of AC200 owners and a bunch of AC200P owners giving the same observations on their units. Maybe the AC 200 is showing faulty power usages after they changed the battery chemistry or maybe it’s nothing other than a meter that’s not accurate

1 Like

I would be happy to do this. My AC200P arrived 3 days ago.

1. AC200P on, all other off, also added state of battery pic

2. AC on with no load, state of battery

3. DC on w/ no load, state of batteries

4. AC & DC on w/ no load, state of batteries

1. Had powered AC200P off and that i messed up the DC only pic (after that I don’t think I did but noticed difference)

Thanks for sharing, that means something is up with mine and some other units

Ben

1 Like

Assuming my AC200 is not unusual, it appears that the standby consumption of the AC200P is greater than that of the AC200. I would like to see several examples of AC200’s first though to have a better cross section.

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but all of my readings had the ECO off.

I also have a AC200, so let me see if I can take the readings for that one as well.

1 Like

It should not. Eco mode just turns the system off after being idle for a certain number of hours to not permit the battery to drain if accidently left on. I do not know why the standby power consumption would be different with just a change in battery chemistry. The fully charged and operating voltage is about 4.5 to 5 volts higher on the AC200 vs AC200P.

1 Like