AC200P Operational Power Draw

Considering buying the AC200P unit. I have one remaining concern: I have “heard” it has a high operational power draw. For example, with nothing connected and the unit is on, it can have a power draw of 15-35 watts per hr.! So, if one has an AC unit of 100 watts running off the AC200P, the draw will actually be 115 - 135 watts per hour. Please either verify if my understanding is correct or am I missing something???

Can’t answer the wh draw with the unit on and not being used but in my testing I’m getting about 1,600 wh of usable power pretty consistently out of my AC200P. Doesn’t seem to make much difference if that’s over the course of 2 hours or 12 hours.

200wh of the 2000 would be the unusable 10% reserve that Bluetti keeps hidden and the other 200wh is what your “operational power draw” is while converting to AC or DC. I guess that would make it 12.5 watts per 100 to get to 1800wh or 25 watts per 100 if you count the unusable 10% reserve.

Welcome to the community @jtdavis !!

Lots of discussions on here regarding the overhead of the ac200p. Here’s a link to some of the findings…

M. Briney:

Thanks so much for responding. Here’s how I interpret what you are saying. With the AC200P on you get:

• Both AC & DC off: 57.8 volts (6 watts consumed)
  • AC on/DC off: 57.8 volts (17 watts consumed)
  • AC off/DC on: 57.8 volts (12 watts consumed)
  • Both AC & DC on: 57.8 volts (23 watts consumed)

Question 1: Are the above figures based on an hourly bais? If not, for what period of time?

Question 2: You state 10% usage overnight with nothing on AC200P. By this are you saying the AC200P was on, but no AC/DC connections for output?

Question 3: If the answer to Question 2 is a “yes,” then assuming 8 hours or overnight would equal 6 watts per hour (above) x 8 hrs. = 48 watts (it is 2.4% or 48/2000). This is NOT 10% usage. Please clarify.

Your response is highly appreciated!!!

John Davis

These were the findings and figures from @Scott-Benson so maybe he can clarify better for you man.

Answers:
#1…Not an hourly basis, but real time load. If 6 watts were consumed for one hour though, 6 watt hours would be the load.

#2…10% of the battery capacity used overnight referred to no AC or DC power swithes being on. Just the AC200 powered up.

#3…I never stated 10% of the battery was used overnight. That was the title of the thread which was started by another member.

#3.5…My observations were made based on the amp draw shown on the screen. The screen is not an accurate multimeter but more simply and estimate of usage that is not always linear during the discharge cycle. Bottom line is that just having the unit turned on with no external loads attached will result in battery discharge. The rate of discharge will increase if the AC inverter and / or the DC power switch is selected even if there is no load present. This is very similar to putting your car in the “run” position of the keyswitch but not having the car running. Come back a few days later and your car won’t start.

If you want to minimize the battery drain overhead, simply turn the AC200 off when not using it to power a device. If you must have the unit on at all times there is a battery drain price that has to be paid for that function.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for all the discussion. I am considering buying a Bluetti solar generator (likely the new upcoming AC300), and I am comparing stats with the well-known Titan Generator.
The Titan has an overhead draw of 10-15 watts for AC and a 5 watts for DC. So, for example, if the Titan is on and has a 100 watt AC device hooked up to it, its draw would be 110-115 watts total. For a DC 100 watts draw, the total draw would be 105 watts.
Now, using the Bluetti AC200P, what would the total draw be for that 100 watt device?

about 117 watts of ac power consumed to produce the 100 watts assuming the 17 watts of standby for the inverter is also added to the 100 watts produced.