AC200Max loosing Power over night

Dear All,

While my AC200max fully charges during daylight, it Looses power without and physical output down to 69% over Night. Do i Need to switch of the system over night to avoid that?

Thanks for any idea.
Best regards, Matthias

The inverter takes about 40 Watts when nothing is poweered with it. The 12v converter takes less, but laso consumes some power on idle. Turning off the AC200MAX outputs when no power is needed is highly recommended.

3 Likes

Hi @Papavonmaxi ,
The machine will have no-load loss, which is normal. We suggest you refer to what @elsinga said and power off the machine when not in use. Thanks for your understanding :blush:

3 Likes

If you have nothing running over night powering off stops any loss. We run a fridge freezer over night and random appliances when charging during the day so added a b300 battery to give more flexibility.

1 Like

This exact thing is why I didn’t buy an AC200, actually. I was REALLY interested, it had everything I wanted, but that insanely high parasitic draw just made it a non-starter for me entirely. Fingers crossed that they put one out eventually that has an inverter suitable for a battery pack, instead of a diesel generator. lol

3 Likes

Thanks to all! This high „Self-consumption“ of the AC200Max is a no-go for me as well. I will Communicate this in Places, where Bluetti is selling this product.

It might be no problem for Campers, travelling Around with mobile panels.

1 Like

Dear All, yesterday, I tested the „ECO Mode“. The Power-loss over night is very low! This might be a solution instead of shutting down the powerstation over night. This mode can only be set on the screen of AC200max.

2 Likes

@Papavonmaxi Its the same way for RV/camper setups… Thats why in all those DIY builds, they have a “master disconnect” on the battery. Any battery is going to have losses over time. And the bigger the inverter and other added options/features (such as wireless charger, wifi compatibility, etc) the more general loss there is going to be. Best bet would be to completely shut down the unit when not in use. Or at least, turn off the AC/DC sides when not actively using them. ECO Mode will also help. Hope this helps

1 Like

Ahh just saw this! haha yea eco mode will def help with your smaller loads, or accidentally leaving things on. Cheers :metal:

1 Like

For me, the no-go point on the 200s was simply how large that loss is. I expect there to be some degree of parasitic draw on a battery over time, especially when you add all the nice features its got. But when you start talking drawing darn near more watt-hours than a car battery HAS just over night with no load… there’s something not quite right there. Couple percent on a 1kwh battery? Sure, could live with that. 40% with no applied load? Eeeeeesh, ouch, that’s a bit much!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why would you leave the power station “on” when you don’t plan to use a load?

As some one said earlier, all inverters consume power when left on…I’ve personally watched dozens of YouTube videos of RV’ers who accidentally did this, only to find their batteries drained after leaving the inverter on over night - requiring an unexpected solar panel recharge while traveling to the next location.

I’m not trying to be critical, I’m actually new to all of this and I’m about to take receipt of a 200max, so I’m really just trying to understand why this would be a concern?

The challenge is that the parasitic load is added to your intended load. If you need to have the system on, but are running something that draws a lower wattage over a longer time, the parasitic drain will easily consume far more of the battery’s overall capacity than your intended load. A parasitic draw is an absolute of any inverter system, every system has one and that’s just “overhead” added on to your draw from the battery. The AC200s just seem to have an “overhead” that is much larger than most low-to-mid draws you might use. Having 70% of your expenditure of watt-hours going into the parasitic draw and only 30% into your intended load (example, not real values) is just far less than ideal or desirable.

2 Likes

Ahh, I see.

So, the AC200Max has a parasitic load of 70%!?

The exact amount you lose to the parasitic load will depend on what you’re running, and how long. I don’t have one myself so I can’t actually do any testing, but in general, what happens will be that the parasitic load will be a set amount while the inverter is on. In the case of my Jackery 300, that’s about 2w. In the case of the AC200, it appears to be much higher.

When you’re discharging, that “overhead” load is added to your actual working load. So if you’re only using a small amount of power for an overnight use, you are adding the inverter’s “overhead” load to your own. If the inverter is drawing 20w, and your application is only actually using 5w, your total discharge as seen by the batteries will be 25w, of which only 20% is actually going to your work, and the rest into the parasitic load. That gets better if you’re using shorter-time, higher-draw applications, since more of the outgoing power is going into your use.

Basically, the “overhead” use on the AC200s just appears to be unusually high, enough so that it makes the device not particularly well suited for long-duration, low-rate discharge applications like supplying small, efficient devices overnight. For instance, from what I’ve seen, using the AC side of the AC200 to charge your phone through the inverter will cost you ~25% of the pack’s capacity overnight or more, to charge a single phone battery.

1 Like

I have to admit Victron inverter are more efficient and smarter. They have a state it goes in when no demand and comes on when needed. Worse case is 10 percent.

Bluetti ac200max, seem to be too simple, eco mode and shut down x hours. I haven’t tested it yet, but from what I am reading it is suggested over 20 percent lost.

This would be a problem for me, as I run low power items during the night. To compensate for that, I am force to hook up one of my lifepo4 12v 100 amp battery, which provides 110 watts. When needed, I can charge up the battery bank during the day.

It is a bit of nuisance…
Makes you wonder going DYI with Victron the way to go???
Initially more expensive, but over time, not so expensive or inconvenient.

having the same issue. I have a van and use it just for trips. I turn off the power at night but it turns back on when the solar panels start charging the unit, so I feel like I just have to keep turning it off or unplug the solar till I hit the road and need it to consistently charge. Kinda annoying. I need to learn more about ECO mode.

Hi there,

I am experiencing a problem with my Bluetti AC200MAX.

It has suddenly dropped from a charge of 87 % to 0 %.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you for your help in advance!

@mortensen Please provide your AC200MAX SN code and the relevant firmware version number, engineer
will push an update to you.

Hi there
thank you very much for replying!
The AC200MAX SN is: 2233001772026
Firmware version nos. are:
DSP Version: 4005.07
ARM Version: 4008.03
BMS Version: 1017.02
HMI Version: 6037.03
Kind regards
Karl Mortensen

I do have the same problems.
The Power in the evening is often between 5-15%, the switch stays on overnight, and the AC is switched on but without any consumer.
In Morning the Power was fallen down to 0%
The Powerstation was charged several times to 100% and went down to 0%.
S/N:2306001897822
ARM: v4009.05
DSP: v4005.07
BMS: v1017.03

You have a solution for my system as well?
HMI: v6037.05