AC200MAX / B230 and D050S

Good morning,

I have an AC200MAX and a B230 connected to the AC200.

The AC200MAX is charged by a PV400 on its solar port.

I would like to know if I can simultaneously connect a PV 200 on my B230 with a D050S on input port of the B230.

And so, the 2 batteries would be recharged simultaneously via solar panels, while they are interconnected with the original link cable.

Is that a problem?
Thank you.

The answer is yes to all your questions.

And as I said in another post: even when the battery to which your PV is connected is full, this PV can power the more distant battery connected with the large expansion cable. So, as soon as a battery is full… well, your PV400 and PV200 will recharge, in addition and at the same time, the remaining battery… Thanks to Bluetti engineering! this is a real plus compared to other competing products

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for your help, I am about to buy the d050S.

To consider all the possibilities, you can also connect both the pv200 and pv400 in series to the solar input of the ac200max, which will also recharge the b230 via the expansion cable.
You can also connect the d050s to the ac200max’s dc7909 input, which will also recharge the b230.

3 Likes

Good idea also, thanks

Good day, wyse: I just wanted to add my 2 Cents worth.

I have the AC200Max along with a couple B300 units. I utilize 2 PV350 and 3 PV200 Bluetti Panels to charge up the battery.

As with voltage concerns, I am not able to run more than 2 PV350’s and 1 PV200 through the Max’s PV Port. So I recently purchased the D050s to supplement the charging process. I connect the other 2 PV200’s into the DC5050s and connect that into the AC (Really DC) input on the MAX.

I have had great success using the D050s.

Here is a Pik from today’s charging. As you can see, I am exceeding maximums

With the 2 PV350’s and the PV200 plugged into the PV port, the max is being exceeded as well as the Grid input from the D050s is being exceeded with the 2 PV200 panels.
There is talk about the D050s gobbling up some of the power in the conversion process but as you can see it isn’t a problem today at least. Usually it isnt running like all the time but will run nearly 95% of maximum in good conditions.
Glad I bought it.
I havent tried direct connections to the B300 with the PV panels yet…

1 Like

Thank you very much for all this information.
It is true that plugging all the panels on the ac200 allows to have the monitoring for the set of panels, while the connection on the extension battery indicates almost nothing.
I just have to test it as soon as I get it.

Here is a picture of my main screen of the MAX being charged with all my panels hooked up in series. Up to 900 watts coming in through the PV and up to 400 coming through on the grid (AC) input side.
ScreenShotA
when I toggle through to the BMS screen, I see how the state of each individual battery is doing, if its charging discharging or on standby.

BMSa
and as you can see, everything is charging perfectly.
The other thing is you’ll need 2 sets of cables to feed your battery.
Let me know how it goes.
B

2 Likes

Nice numbers. I have a ac200max as well, but with only 1 B300. I’m interested in getting a 2nd b300, but I think I’m going to go with an ac300 with 2 b300’s next.

I use 10X 200 watt panels on my main pv input. I also use 3x 195 watt pv’s with my DO50S. The DO50S maxes out at about 500 watts. Here’s a screen shot of my peak #’s.

1 Like

Hello EMAX
Always like to hear about other people’s AC200MAX stories and questions.
That’s very interesting, I see you are able to max out your MAX with even more than 1400 watts of input. Are you able to fully charge up your system every day?
Your 10×200 panels are connected in parallel and must give you a lot of power even in less than ideal conditions. Then the 3×195W panels to the D050s are in series? So that’s the most you can get away with on the MAX.
I’m presently running 2 refrigerators and some electronics, TV’s computers etc and I can go 60 hours on a full charge with the Max and the 2 B300 units, then in good conditions a full recharge would take around 8 hours to recharge while still using the batteries. I am using 2 x PV350’s and 1 PV200 feeding the PV input of the max and 2 x Pv200 for the D050s into the MAX. I have my panels just on a south facing part of my house and move them around during the day. I’m planing to put a few on the roof, hopefully by the fall.
I can’t add any more storage to the MAX and I still want to power more appliances but also want enough extra power on standby in case of a power failure, as that was my initial reasoning for getting a solar-powered system. I struggle during the winter months and sometimes can’t quite manage on a good day. I would like at least 60hrs of standby power and still be able to run what I am now plus a couple other appliances. So I am monitoring my inputs and outputs and figuring my options.
Let me know if you decide on getting the AC300 or something else.
B

1 Like

This time of year, unless it’s raining most of the day, I’m able to recharge my max & b300. If it’s sunny out, I’m also able to charge up another 3 kwh of battery stations that I have.

My pv setup is on my roof and is aimed South. It is wired in a 5S2P configuration. The 3 195 pv’s are wired in series.

The winter months where I am make for pretty bad solar conditions. The shortest day of the year in my area is 9 hours and 7 minutes of sunshine. There are mature trees that block that lower sun though too, making it much worse. The trees are right on my property line, bordering my neighbor’s yard, causing complexities in removing them.

The ac300 would be nice with the solar panels I already have & the 3kw output would make more things possible for me.

1 Like

Good morning,

I received my D050S today and connected it to the AC input port and my solar panel.
The brightness today is very low, the sky is cloudy and the entrance on the AC200max fluctuates between 0W and 15W.
The problem is that the internal relay of the AC keeps switching on/off every 2 minutes, and I’m afraid to damage this relay.
Of course, if there is sun, the problem does not arise.
I note of course that for the same brightness on the DC port the problem does not exist.

I want to understand where the problem is?

Thanks for help.

I see that I am not the only one with this problem.

@wyse because the bluetti has a builtin mppt which is activated when charging thru that solar input. When you are using the D050S charging enhancer, the mppt is built into the accessory. The charging enhancer not only has a mppt solar charger controller, but also features a converter that then regulates the output so that the AC200Max can accept it. Thats the 58.8V output that is mentioned in the charging enhancers manual.

1 Like

Hello Mike

Thanks for your help, I understand how it works.
Fortunately, the problem will only arise in the morning, evening and in very cloudy skies.

It is still quite noisy and not necessarily pleasant indoors or in a motorhome.

Well, in my case, I can still plug it into the B230, but I find it a bit of a shame.
You said in the other post that it was safe for mppt.

Thanks for the answer.

1 Like

Hi as you seem to know a fair bit about this; I have an AC300 and 3 B300s set up and currently charge with 2 PV350 solar panels via CP2 which seems to allow for two “blocks” of solar panels to be connected being DC1 and DC2. At the moment I only use DC1 but can I also use DC2 with different panels - DC1 would have one block of two PV350 and DC2 would have a single PV200 - can I do this?

Hello Wyse,
For me the relay is in the AC200MAX, on the DC power input (AC-DC adapter). I’m guessing its function is to protect the input and only activate it when the input voltage is good. and indeed if the clouds and the sun play tricks on you (one moment the sun passes, a few moments later a cloud hides the sun and we start again) it is certain that the relay will click regularly. To avoid clicking, you have two solutions left: connect the D050S to the B230, which does not have this relay-based protection and therefore it will not click (certainly you will not see the solar power coming in, but you see the LEDs of the B230 blinking) or you put the solar panels of the D050S in series with your solar panels which are connected to the solar input of the AC200max (because the solar input of the AC200max does not include an electromechanical relay). For my part, I connected the D050S to my B230 connected to the AC200max, I don’t see the input power on the B230 but on the app I see the percentage increasing, that’s enough for me.
Bluetti could perhaps update the firmware of the AC200max to reduce the clicks (for example by ensuring that the voltage supplied to the input exceeds the minimum voltage continuously for a period of time before activating the relay…or by increasing this latency time) but this solution has limits and will not completely eliminate the problem. For me the D050S already does a little filtering to avoid the hesitant sun situation, but not enough in your case. This is inherent in the use of relays for protection, to the trick of using this input (initially only for AC-DC adapter) to inject solar, to the sunset or sunrise and the clouds race!!

1 Like

hello GoneBush
First of all I would like to warn you that I do not have an AC300. So it is useful for owners of AC300 or Bluetti to confirm what I say below:
The manual and specifications indicate that behind DC1 and DC2 there are 2 independent MPPTs, so for me you can connect different solar panels to DC1 and DC2. There seems to me to be confirmation of this on the following page of the bluetti manual, where it is explained to you that you can configure and connect DC1 to a 12V, 24V battery or to a T500 charger or to solar, independently of the DC2 input. So for me no problem (and the voltage of your solar panel - 20V - is compatible with the minimum required - 12V -).

PS Your question deserves another post in its own right.

Hello Snips1

Thank you for your help, you are totally right, I put the D050S on the B230, and like that no more relay slamming.

I notice in low light that the D050S indicator flashes green very quickly when the brightness drops sharply.
This D050S is a bit curious, I think, especially at the sale price.
But when it’s sunny, it does the work.

But hey, I still pass the message @BLUETTI_CARE , if a firmware update for this problem is possible on AC200MAX, it should be great.

Moreover, I see that this problem is mentioned on several models.

Thanks for your hel Snips1

“I notice in low light that the D050S indicator flashes green very quickly when the brightness drops sharply. This D050S is a bit curious, I think, especially at the sale price”.

I completely agree with you, I didn’t understand the point of the “flashing green” LEDs, “steady green” LEDs and “steady red LEDs” at first. Over time, with the relays clicking on the AC200max, I better understood the intention of the bluetti engineers who wanted to address the problem of hesitant sun and relays. Certainly the D050S is a little too expensive, but I got it on discount and in my case this 5-legged sheep will be able to help me do strange things like inject different voltages of various batteries (oukitel in my case) into my Bluetti. The D050S is very versatile for this (it accepts any voltage between 12V and 60V to adapt it to the DC-AC adapter input of the AC200max… and it’s not bad for me. I will take it everywhere for go with my AC200MAX)

1 Like

Thank you - I have created a new topic so will see what comes in before I try it - but I do agree with you, it appears likely that I can.