AC200L Custom UPS with Time of Use

Question: im using AC200L on PV priority set to 20% worked exactly as described with battery reaching the 20% SOC at about 2am then powering the appliances from the grid on pass thru until solar charging resumes next morning. Worked exactly as expected. I just added a B300 battery with hopes of making it all night without the grid. The B300 stays in standby at 100% while the ac200L depletes to zero and then pulls from the grid while the B300 sits 100% rather than using both batteries to run all night. Please advise how to use both batteries evenly to power the appliances thru the night. Thanku in advance

@Jrose Sorry for the late reply.
This situation requires a BMS upgrade for B300. please provide the SN of the AC200L and the BMS number of the B300 so that I can submit it to the tech team for you.
After the upgrade, perform 2-time full charge/discharge cycles to see if the problem is solved.

Thank you for the reply. I am currently not onsite so having a helper stop by to assist. Makes this a bit harder.
My ap indicates: The AC200L is 2402001822618
B300 on my ap and has the same number. Where do i look for the identifying number you are requesting?

@Jrose Thanks for providing the SN of AC200L.
Regarding the BMS of the B300, you can connect the B300 to the AC200L and then tap BMS in the firmware upgrade interface of the app to check the BMS version number.

Thank you—looking forward to getting this working! :-)

I think I may have encountered this over the weekend as well. Connected a B300 to the AC200L and the AC200L drained to 0%. I assumed the B300 had also drained to 0%, but didn’t check it until I got home and reconnected it up to my AC300 stack. Then I found it was still at 100%.

Does the B300 need firmware specific for the AC200L?

Hello @BLUETTI i am still in need of assistance to get this B300 working as it is still stuck in standby and does not work with the AC200L. I have limited time left onsite so hope you can help me asap. Thanku

@Jrose BMS has been recorded and an update is expected to be pushed out within 24 hours, please upgrade at that time.

@BLUETTI Thank you can you please send specific directions how to upgrade the necessary components? Its the B300 battery that is hooked into the AC200L. Which one do I Upgrade and what are the steps please?

When you upgrade the AC200L it will list the BMS for the B300 as upgradable as well. So you upgrade it through the AC200L’s interface.

1 Like

Thank you @tripzero - curious, if you manage to get your B300 to work with your AC200 yet?”

I haven’t tried since I got home but we are going out again this weekend. I’ll test it out this friday before we go.

@BLUETTI I have updated the firmware and powered it off then back on. The B300 remains in standby mode and doesnt discharge whike the AC200 runs to zero. Please advise how to get it to work with the ac200L

@Jrose The tech team re-pushed it and the version is 102111.
Would it be possible to re-upgrade the BMS? and then do a full charge/discharge cycle.

@BLUETTI Today is my last day on site so I need help urgently please. I am looking at the AC200L now

and it says the version is upto date. 1021.07 and will not allow another update.

@BLUETTI Please note the B300 is indicating it is up to date at version 1021.07

@Jrose
The technical team has confirmed to push you BMS 102111.
Can you try again?
firmware upgrade

@BLUETTI i see the new upgrade and try to install it 2x. Both times it was cancelled by the app when it reached the 50% download state even tho the AC200 has plenty of power and is plugged in. See photos. After the app cancelled it at the 50% download point 2x the upgrade option vanished and is no longer available

I just noticed something strange. I had my B300 plugged into my AC300 and it said it had the previously mentioned firmware update, but when I plugged it into my AC200L, it no longer said it had an update. I don’t know if this is what @Jrose was experiencing…

I plugged it back into the AC300, did the update and then plugged it back into the AC200L. B300 now shows “discharging” as expected, so the update fixed the issue for me.

@tripzero thanks for this tip will try it once im back onsite. Unfortunately i was out of time & had to leave this AM for another month and sadly did not get it working.

1 Like