Ac200 Max issue with holding charge

Hi I have recently got the AC200Max and 3 panels
previous day power I found was at 0% but the day before was at 97%
nothing was draining power.
Today started charging got battery to 14% from panels thought I would stop for the day as sun had gone
turned off battery and turned it back on to see it had gone to 0%
It did have some power during the charging as it recharged our little camping lights
ideas?

1 Like

Are you by chance leaving your 200 max on when not using it causing the battery to drain?

Hi @trekkerboy ,Have you tried to calibrate the machine?

First discharge the machine to 0%, then charge it to 100% with the AC port. During this time it needs to be charged continuously, not disconnected, and not with a loaded device.

We suggest you try this first and then see if the AC200MAX still has this problem.

In addition, you can refer to two factors

1. Because you have loaded camping light equipment during charging, there will be some power consumption.
  2. After the solar power has stopped charging, the machine will have no-load consumption. If the machine’s AC and DC are both on, the idle consumption will be even higher.

I hope this helps you.

1 Like

Hi I have charged as you have suggested got it to 100% and saw it was not drawing any more power

nothing but mains connected to it.

then disconnected mains
turned off the unit

restarted and it report 85%

attached mains again and it went to 100% without showing it increasing from 85%
(this happened in about a couple of minutes.

app also reports same as screen

machine is at 100% on screen again.

I will test to see if with nothing connected it holds power (when power is on)

and later test the effect of shut down and restart .

No sure this is correctly working?

thoughts

thanks

Gary

1 Like

Hi Gary, thanks for your confirmation.
Can you try charging to 100%, then let AC300 carry a more powerful device?
See if the machine can power it for a normal amount of time.

Also ,could you provide me with the SN code of the machine and the firmware version information? I’ll have an engineer check if it’s a software issue and push a new version to you. Thank you for your cooperation!

1 Like

When you are turning off the AC200 Max, are you holding the power button for several seconds (long press)? If you press it for a short press, the display will go off but the main unit is still on and drawing power.

1 Like

I had recharged it and I’m thinking by what it displays a moment afterwards of a turn off / turn on the battery whilst saying its at 100 % on restart the amount the battery says is a lot less than this so its not got a chance to deplete.
Something is I think not correct for it to lose the power with nothing connected to it.

I today charged the device to 100%
turned it off and on got 85%
recharged with solar power got it to 100%
turned it off and then on it went to 77%
nothing is being charged.DC/AC
how does a battery lose so much power so quickly.
I have turned the battery off (nothing connected its at 76%
I will check in the morning what its got left

I would say I have generally replied below.When I describe turning off its when the green light is off which I presume is off and I would expect with nothing connected nothing should cause the battery to lose charge.

Hi @trekkerboy ,Sorry if my explanation confused you. What I mean is that you charge the machine to 100% and then carry the device to see if it can carry the load normally to 0%.

If the machine can carry the device normally, the technical engineering department is already doing the test. If it is a software problem, the subsequent firmware update can solve it.