AC 200 PL relay click-clack at dusk and dawn

@Heiko We will push the firmware again. And from the picture, it seems that you didn’t connect via Boothtooth, please check again.

1 Like

Hi, yes I usually connect via cloud – I thought that is what I should in order to upgrade. When I connect via Bluetooth, the Version screen looks exactly the same though.

Now I can see the upgrades, thanks!
I upgraded the DSP now to v2130.10.
Should I also upgrade the internal BMS and that of my B210?
I currently have v1056.02 internal and v1036.05 in the B210.
I just want to avoid upgrading to a malfuncioning BMS version, as some users have reported in the forum…

@Heiko If you do not encounter any problems with your current use, you can choose not to update the firmware.

With the new DSP Firmware of v2130.10, the problem still existed yesterday at dawn.
I can not say if it maybe got a little better, but I still noticed the described periodic switching behaviour for several minutes.

Hi Heiko,

I have exactly the same problem with my new AC200 PL.
Bluetti is aware of my problem and they take care of me.
After the last upgrade (DSP 2130.10), the period of the sound of the relay is been reduced from approx 10 min to 5min; for both sunset and sunrise. It’s better but it still sounds.
I wait for a new version of the DSP (2130.11). If there is still the problem, they ask me to ship back the unit for repair :frowning:

ps: same difficulties than you to upgrade the firmware …

1 Like

Thanks. I doubt that repairing is possible though - I would suspect all AC200PL having the same issue, but many people simply don’t notice it. The sound is not really disturbing me. Only the knowledge, that this is wearing off the contacts. And if these relays are really designed for 100.000 switching cycles, this means that they are likely to fail later – maybe after the warranty is over but still many years sooner than the rest of the device. This is what is worrying me. Maybe we should make a deal with bluetti, that instead of replacing whole units now, they agree to replace the relay for free if it breaks down – even after the warranty time. At least as long as the rest of the unit is working properly. That would seem fair to me. @BLUETTI_CARE – what do you think?

@Heiko This sorta problem (with the mppt “clicking” trying to sense incoming PV voltage) is something that has been found within previous units (both from Bluetti and other brands) and has been able to be fixed via firmware updates. That being said, I would imagine that @BLUETTI_CARE can look into this issue and see if its something they will be able to remedy in the future as well.

But, is there anyway you can verify the incoming voltage when you are noticing this taking place by chance? I’m interested to see what the panels are outputting when you are noticing this situation happening. Maybe run a inline meter like this…

^^NOTE:^^ If using the above linked in-line meter, make sure your panels dont exceed 60v… So maybe only try it with a single panel ( or wire up your 430w panels in parallel?) so that you dont go over that 60v limit of the tester.

I was now able to check the PV voltage during click-clac time at dusk with my multimeter:
It started at 35 V open circuit voltage and it was over 5-10 minutes later at 28 V.
The current that went through, was around 0,8 mA.
I have two 430 Wp panels hooked up in series.
And yes, sincethe update, click-clac time seems to have shortened.
Also, now it stay in one state for about 4 seconds, in the other for about 20 seconds.
The current hardly changed in each state though.
Don’t know if this helps.
Let me know if you need any further measurements or diagnostics.

@Heiko I’m mildly sceptical that we’ll see this issue resolved in full via a firmware fix. I posted a DIY fix to the AC200L relay click thread, link below. It uses a DC DC relay, control circuit powered by a smart plug set to a schedule.

1 Like

Hi @BLUETTI have same AC200L: PV relay click problem.
Can I have new firmware as well?
SN 2348000597457
BMS: v1043.11
ARM: v2134.04
DSP: v2098.10

I also have a problem when AC200l stops pulling power from the grid. It happens with different passthrough loads 100w or 1.3Kw. It showed a connection to the grid voltage 120 and 0W. And discharged my battery to 0. If I turn off and on AC200L it usually fixes my problem. I checked all UPS modes. It is not related to that. Just some rele clicks and AC200l stop getting power from the grid. I found another person with the same problem. It seems DSP v2130.09 fixed the problem for him.

Thank you!

Hi @bluetti_rivafromrugmailcom, We have released the updated DSP v2098.16 and have requested to push this firmware to your AC200L. The update will be pushed within 24 hours. Please perform the upgrade tomorrow and let us know if it resolves the issue.

Hi. I updated DSP to the new v2098.16. I will let you know in a couple of days how it works. Thank you

Hi. I think all my issues were fixed. No clicking sounds. So far passthrough charging works without any problems.
Thank you @BLUETTI_CARE

1 Like

Hi @BLUETTI
Can I have new firmware as well?
SN AC200PL2412000170371
BMS: v1056.02
ARM: v2140.04
DSP: v2130.09

Hi @m.briney, we recommend disconnecting the AC200L/AC200PL from the solar panels at night to avoid the machine detecting slight voltage and repeatedly activating and attempting to charge, which can lead to power loss.
For this issue, we have developed new DSP firmware for the AC200L/AC200PL. The firmware version for the US models is DSP v2098.16, and for the EU models, it is DSP v2130.11. If you need the update, please provide the SN number of your device and the current firmware version for the upgrade.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE I have the EU model AC200L, my DSP is v2130.09. Could you please push the firmware to my AC200L, SN is AC200L2347000187383. Thanks.

For the record: I have not noticed any relay click-clack since upgrading to DSP v2130.11.
Thanks!

FYI, the DSP v2130.11 software update has solved my relay click clak noise too!

I have the same issue with relay on my new AC200L
Also with the PV input chatter on sunrise/sunset. Hopefully a software fix resolves or reduces before I to start building a hardware fix.

Fully updated when checked.