Problem with charging when 3D printer plugged in

Greetings. I have a problem with my new AC180P charging when my 3D printer is plugged into the station. So here is the example: the station is charged to 100% and plugged into the grid. I connect my 3D printer to the station and start printing. Everything seems good. When the grid disconnects (electricity shuts down) my station switches to the battery and the printer continues printing. The station battery discharges to 50% and then the grid connects. Everything seems good and the station gets back into UPS mode (the printer continues working and the station shows charging). But the battery charge is not increasing and stays at the same level (50%) until the printer finishes print. When the printer finishes printing, the station battery level starts to increase up to 100% (normal charging).
The point is that the printer’s power consumption changes from 70W to 370W every second (it is normal for a 3D printer, as I understand). I looked in the Bluetti app and it shows grid input and AC output power consumption at approximately 300W/180W. These numbers are changing all the time but in general, the input power consumption is 120W bigger than the printer is consuming. But the battery is not charging. If I connect something else to the station, like my laptop then the input power consumption is around 280W+laptop consumption(120W) in the silent charging mode, and charging goes normally. So I have tried all the available settings in the app but nothing helps. I have tried to turn off/on the eco mode, turbo, standard charging, grid self-adaption, and other settings.
AC180P2335001817262
ARM v2089.02
DSP v2088.02
BMS v1039.01

@Anatoliy Does this problem occur when you load other devices with AC180P? Also, could you please take a video for us to check the issue?

Hi! This problem does not occur if I connect anything else. I’ve tried a laptop, TV, wifi router, and everything I could find at home) This is only about the 3D printer. @BLUETTI_CARE
(Dropbox)
Dropbox
Dropbox

@BLUETTI_CARE I have updated the DSP to v2088.04 but the problem remains

Hi @Anatoliy , our engineer suggests you calibrate the machine.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
    Please let us know if it does help.
    If not, we suggest you contact the seller and repair it.
1 Like

Hi @BLUETTI_CARE unfortunately, nothing has changed. I have another question: does DC output work in bypass mode when an electrical grid is connected? Does DC output 12v use a battery when the electrical grid is connected?

Hi everyone! I’m having the same problem with my 3D printer causing issues with charging when plugged into the station. Are there any updates or solutions for this? Really hoping for a fix. Thanks!

1 Like

What brand/type is your 3d printer?
Maybe you are using the same printer @Anatoliy, @Obriy ?

I think we have different printers. I have Bambu Lab p1s.

1 Like

I have Ender 3 v3 SE

DC output is converted directly from battery power.
AC output is inverted from battery power when grid is disconnected and by-passed from grid when grid is connected. This behaviour also depends on other parameters such as battery level or AC output power.

1 Like

Hi, @BLUETTI_CARE Please tell me what is the status of the current problem. Can I count on a fix or deal with this alone?

Hi @Anatoliy , We have reported this problem to the R&D department, but didn’t get an answer yet.

1 Like

I have received a response from the R&D department. They suspect that the issue may be due to low grid voltage, which can limit the charging power when operating in bypass mode with a load.

Could you please let us know which country/region you are currently in? If possible, please measure the grid voltage. If the voltage is stable, this issue should not occur. Meanwhile, this problem does not affect the functionality of the AC180P.

1 Like

I also had the same suspect so I added a voltage stabilizer for the AC180P.
(Dropbox)
It didn`t help. Anyway, the grid voltage is normal (as can be seen in the video). Also, the grid frequency is 50 Hz. Besides that charging goes normal when other appliances are connected to the AC180P.
Maybe it is worth trying the fix from this topic?
Low grid voltage error on AC180P

Well, in my case, I would say it does affect the functionality because the UPS mode is not working for me as expected.

For me Anatoliy did a very interesting experiment which does not seem to have been analyzed to determine the origin of the problem. He said
If I connect something else to the station, like my laptop then the input power consumption is around 280W+laptop consumption(120W) in the silent charging mode, and charging goes normally

Found this on the web
This figure depicts the printing sample. This shows the total power of the printing process.

Could it be that these multiple sudden power inrush create noise on the electrical home grid or inside the a180 which causes the a180 to refuse to charge? … And when Anatoliy imposes an additional load (his laptop) constantly. … It reduces “the noise”, the multiple “dirac” and the ac180 starts to charge?

An interesting experiment to find out if the 3d printer creates instabilities on your home grid which is detected by the ac180 which then refuses to charge: on a power strip you plug your 3d printer directly. You plug your ac180 into the same power strip. Your 3d printer is therefore not connected directly to your ac180. You start a print, if your ac180 refuses to charge except when the printing is finished or stopped, you may think that your home grid is disturbed by the 3d printer and it’s detected by the ac180. On the other hand, if your ac180 recharges normally, you can conclude that it is only when you plug your 3d printer into the ac180 that it does not work, the ac180 must observe the consumption to decide whether it recharges the batteries or not and its algorithms or electronic are disturbed by the successive diracs of your 3d printer and never decide to charge the battery cells… Except when you impose a constant load (your laptop) on it. These are all hypotheses, nothing is certain

3 Likes

Hi, @BLUETTI_CARE. Are there any updates on the problem?

Hi @Anatoliy, We agree with @Snips1’s opinion, it is very clear and makes sense.
When the charging power is low and the load power is too high, the bypass can’t charge because it prioritizes the load. This isn’t a fault with the machine.

@BLUETTI_CARE This is the fault of the machine algorithms.

What I mean here is if I connect just a laptop and nothing else, the charging goes normal. When the printer is connected, it doesn`t matter if anything else is connected, then charging is broken.

What do you mean? I did show that the input grid is normal and is not low.

The load is not high, it is around 350w.

So all the messages in this topic clarify the problem I’m trying to explain: the machine algorithms are not optimized to bypass a required load power and charge simultaneously. I don`t know what those algorithms are calculating and why they need so much time to start charging when the load power is frequently changing. The problem might stem from the machine algorithm that compensates for sudden power inrush with its battery.