EP500: How to restart bluetooth without powering down

I’ve run into a situation today where sometimes the bluetooth connection from one EP500P gets into a bad state, and looks like is not stable from this EP500P. Other EP500P are fine at the same time. I’m relying on the bluetooth to control the EP500Ps charging/grid state.

The issue is not phones or computer connecting to the bluetooth but rather the EP500P. From a computer I can see the device is still discoverable when this happens, but bluetoothctl shows connection and disconnect immediately from the device when attempting to connect to it.

On the EP500P I’ve turned off the bluetooth and turned it back on after waiting ~30 minutes. I’ve even tried shutting off wifi and bluetooth to resolve the state. However, nothing can reconnect to the bluetooth after enabling again (phones, computer). The only way to resolve this is to completely power cycle the EP500P, which is a major inconvenience (as it powers the house).

I see that I’m on the latest IOT for replacement EP500P2322xxx (v9041.06).
@BLUETTI Is there any other method to restart the communications (bluetooth/wifi) completely without having to power down? Can the firmware do this automatically these are shutdown for a specified period (lets say exactly 5 minutes)?

Ideally, the root cause needs to be found, but please let me know if there is a workaround, as this is causing a lot of frustration. Only one unit seems to have this issue.

Hi @PowerMat, Our product development team has addressed it by creating new IoT firmware.
Could you please provide your EP500PRO’s SN number? We want to fix this problem by upgrading the firmware.

1 Like

Hi @PowerMat, We are very concerned about your experience.
Do you have any update wtih the issue?

We would also like to know the SN number of your EP500PRO, as we want to assist you with upgrading the firmware.

We look forward to your response. Please remember to @ me; otherwise, I may not find your reply in a timely manner.

@BLUETTI_CARE Thank you for pushing the IoT firmware this past weekend. I have updated from 9041.06 → 9041.10

I have been running the update for ~3 days, and the original bluetooth connection issue seems to be resolved as I have yet to encounter the issue. Thank you for pushing the firmware update after our direct message. I believe the connection is more stable than on the original crowdfunded EP500Ps that I have, as I’m logging the retries. If the original EP500P gets into trouble I can just disconnect and reconnect just fine though.

If anyone else is running into similar bluetooth issues it appears the IoT updates could resolve the problem.

1 Like

Hi @PowerMat, I am glad to hear that! Thank you for your feedback, I have also shared this good news with our engineer, and she is happy too!