Another glitch where AC500 loses wifi and won't reconnect

It’s not a huge problem but thought you should know.

The fix is to reboot the AC500. This also fixes Bluetooth problems. Forget “Factory Reset.” It only resets your KW hour savings/use.

If you have to reboot, it’s easier at night as you don’t have to disconnect any solar panels, only the AC wall outlet plug. You also have to turn off the AC output (use the app.)

1 Like

I recommend adding a DC disconnect switch between the photovoltaic panels and the AC500, so you can shut off DC charging if you need to reboot. And it is not recommended to disconnect any MC4 connectors while power is flowing from the panels. An arc will occur due to the high current, and may damage the contacts.

Most MC4 connectors have a warning not to open the circuit under power. The switch prevents the arcing.

2 Likes

When I upgraded my iPhone to the new iOS 18, I lost the Wifi connection to my Bluetti 300ac. After trying a few things that didn’t work, I found that the latest firmware updates fixed the problem

1 Like

If I have to disconnect any panels in the daytime, I just pull out the PV input plug of the AC500.
As for extra panels that are plugged directly into the B300s batteries, each PV input plug pulls out.

I hate having to disconnect those MC4 connectors. A couple of cheapo ones were so bad I had to unscrew one end and yank the wire and insert conductor out when I had to move a panel. Then I repaired/replaced it later. :shushing_face: :flushed:

This happened before I upgraded my iphone last night to 18.0.1.
It’s kind of like the old days when you had to reboot your PC for Windows glitches.

It wasn’t a big deal to reboot as the AC500 turns off and back on pretty fast, without having to wait for it to reload a program or anything.

@St8kout, you might want to check out this post:

I had a similar problem with EP500P bluetooth (wifi had same problem but I relied on bluetooth more). Bluetti was able to push an updated IoT firmware update to resolve the issue for me.