AC200MAX switches off AC unasked; in 'ECO-off' mode

Hi,
Since a few days we come to the constatation that the AC200MAX switches off the AC-output
while the system is in ‘ECO-off’ mode. There are generally a refridgerator, fridge and wifi connected via the AC-output, so that’s a problem.
What is the reason and how to prevent this?
Kind regards

Hey @Helene_Wolf

could be varios resons. Are there any Errors displayed? Do you know how long it take until the AC Switches off?

It could be related to some of theese cases:

• Overheat
  • Overload
  • Something is wrong with the AC Inverter (I had a powerstation with a faulty AC Inverter which turned off after a few seconds because of something was wrong)

Would be interesting to see, if it also turned off when you activate ECO Mode

@Helene_Wolf In a normal case, if the AC load is lower than 50W for 4 hours, the AC will be switched off automatically. In your case, I think it may be caused by the high starting power of the refrigerator.

Hi, thank you Selfmadestrom for you reply.
The unit shows no errors. I’ll keep your hypotheses in mind; it seems a good hint to switch on ECO Mode and check if it happens before 4 hours of inactivity. That could show troubles.
Thanks, I keep you posted if I see remarkable things.

1 Like

Hi Bluetti_Care,
If the AC is lower than 50W, does it switch off when it is not in ECO Mode? I thought ECO Mode serves that purpose? Am I wrong?
The refrigerator is a 80W-taking thing, it has been plugged in for many months continuously without a problem.
Thank you

If the ECO is off, AC200MAX will not be switched off unless you empty the battery. You can try to load another device to check if the situation appears.

Hi @BLUETTI_CARE,
The Eco is off when this problem arises.
The battery is near-full or full.
There are different loads during the day: freezer always connected, sometimes light bulb, radio, microwave, cooking plate (no high loads, within 2000W range), bread baker, water cooker… It seems to happen when a few low-Watt devices are connected together during a longer period of time with nothing-special happening: mostly fridge and freezer always, 2 laptops, radio. So no high load and not a special low load.

@Helene_Wolf If the ECO is ON, that makes sense. As I said, if the AC load is lower than 50W for 4 hours, the AC will be switched off automatically.

@BLUETTI_CARE
Excuse me, I wrote the wrong thing: the ECO-mode is OFF (corrected this in my last post), as said at the beginning of these posts.
The load is on-and-off going between near 0 to 120W in general. These loads differ a few times during an hour, never for 4 hours less than 50W.

@Helene_Wolf It doesn’t matter. I will check with the tech team. If there is any update, I will get back to you ASAP.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE
Thank you, that is nice.

@Helene_Wolf The tech team replied that you can load other devices with a higher power to check if this situation appears or restart the AC200MAX. If the AC still be cut off in this way, the AC200MAX maybe defective.

@BLUETTI_CARE
Thanks for the information of the tech team. Today the situation took place, probably when the unit and two B300 batteries reached 100%; we were not at home. The freezer went from -19°C to -6°C. It seemed as if the unit itself had shut down (the green start-button no longer green). Because I hadn’t had the chance to inform my husband, he restarted as ususal without putting a higher load on the unit. I’ll keep you posted; there’s a big chance this happens again soon. (we’ll put temporarily the freezer at -25 to have more margin)

@Helene_Wolf Thanks for your update.

Other than there being no apparent error message, this sounds a lot like a common problem with the EB3A as discussed in this thread.

There are some similarities with the EB3A overload under low load situation. But the EB3A would display an overload error on the screen (when it clearly should not be overloaded). Interestingly, the EB3A probably only occurs to some unit. 2 of my 3 units have the problem, my brother’s had it, but my dad’s OK. So just about 50/50.

@snowstorm Thanks, that could be spot on. It happens when the unit gets at 100% with overload (921W) and has a non-changing rather low output (but still 100W). There’s never an error on the screen. The last days we have prevented the unit from reaching 100% (which won’t be possible at all times), and it doesn’t happen anymore, even with 900W in. The other unit doesn’t has it at the moment, but we won’t test its limits. It makes things a little more complicated with the fridges in hot sunny weather, and having to discharge a lot, which it isn’t supposed to. This could give some trouble in wintertime when having a full-100% Bluetti is very useful.
Did you or your brother found a work-around?

@Glenn1963 Thanks for your message. I’ve read the thread and it seems similar, except that AC also shuts down at night, when there’s no new input. This hasn’t been an issue, not even once, last autumn, winter and spring. I’ll take contact with the company who sold the AC200MAX to return the module and let it repair.

@BLUETTI_CARE Meanwhile we had daily shutdowns of AC-power. A higher power from continuously 120W output seems to be a bit of help, but it also shows that the module is defective. I’ll send it back to the company who sold it to let it repair. Otherwise it’s a powerful AC200MAX of which I have no complaints.

@Helene_Wolf I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused you. I hope the problem can be solved in this way.