Wind Turbine

Has anyone used a small wind turbine to charge the B300?

Hi @esnelson75

I do have a windturbine, but not for charging any Bluetti with it. The problem with a wind turbine is the really high Voc when there isnt any load. Wind turbines can reach high speeds. It kills the mppt of the B300 or the tubine destroy itself due over rpm.

The Only way to realize something like this is to put a wind-controller which output at a steady voltage

greetings
Erik

1 Like

What are you charging with the turbine, another battery bank? But, if I had a separate charge controller on the turbine to the B300 it would work?

Hi @esnelson75

Yes, i have 4 AGM Batterys that being charged with the turbine. If you already have batterys, you can also charge your bluetti from this Batterys to make use of the wind energy.

Just that you know, place a windturbine andconfigure it is far more complicated than solar and if you dont life near the coast or place it on a ope wide field, it may dont delivery the results you expect. To setup my turbine to works great take about 1 Year.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

Wow, just out of curiosity, what is the range of those high Voc please?
Can’t help but keep an eye on the Liam F1 Archimedes. Supposed to create up to 4kWh day under realistic conditions.

On the paper, my turbine have a voc around 300V. Turbines without a active “load” and no brake can spin really quick.

wow good to know thanks!

1 Like