WiFi on the powerstations

I have only a EB3A and a AC200MAX. So I can’t speek for all Bluetti powerstations. My powerstations have a bluetooth connection. That is ok. But the always for login asking app is not ok. I don’t want to login somewhere. But that is not the point. Powerstations would get more and more solutions and work at homes and mobile homes (and ships). To integrate the powerstations in the smart area of home or mobile home it would be good to have a WiFi connection (without cloud!). Working as AP and settable to fixed or floatable IP address. And have a settable MQTT connection to speek all states and values and read all controls (switches). I think Bluetti should think of that for the nearest future. I would be glad if my powerstations would have that yet.
Sigi

Hi @sigi-und-so

You already can inplement your Bluetti Powerstation in Home automation. You cant use Wifi, just bluetooth for it.

Have a look in this project:

greetings

Erik

Thanks erik. I know that.
But bluetti should have a look in the future.
Sigi

@sigi-und-so
After confirming with the relevant departments: subsequent new BLUETTI machines will consider adding the WiFi function you mentioned. But AC200Max, EB3A, the two older models probably won’t get the relevant updates.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Sigi

So, no any chance to add WiFi module through USB to AC200max? It will be very useful for users. Bluetooth gives less than 5 meters, but for control it is not enough. Please ask R&D department to check. Many thanks beforehand. Andrii.

Hi Caleb. Actually there is no data connection via USB. Only Power. When they do not support WiFi for that model, they would never change hardware to communicate via USB. If you are an electronic’s - there are some good parts of ESP handling to connect via WiFi. Do it self, Bluetti can’t do it and is back to the middle ages I think. Also with Bluetooth without security that everybody can change your settings and work. That would be only a software update but they don’t do it. Sigi

Thank you so very much for comment. I see you are correct. Unfortunately I am far away from this area. Can add only Wi-Fi socket, but it can provide only switch on/off function. Unfortunately.

If the “Esp32” solution seems too complicated, you always have the option of using an Android phone, below.

You are recycling an old Android phone that will still be plugged into a charger on the electricity grid. Absolutely turn on Bluetooth. Activate WiFi on this phone if you have WiFi, otherwise install the mobile network (4G, lte etc.). Install “teamviewer host” and the bluetti app on this phone. Leave this phone near your ac200max. Install “teamviewer remote CONTROL” on your phone that you have with you, register (free) and you will be able to take remote control of the phone left at home or in your mobile home, you will be able to remotely launch the bluetti APP on your old phone and turn AC or DC on. You can also monitor the charge level of the 200max.
I refer you to the video of one of the first people to have the idea. https://youtu.be/CASSRTpIZyA?si=x-JMyh-LSNMqiBQi