UPS Problem on EB3A

Yep, Close but no cigar! - as a UPS device for computer hardware
Doug

Yes, I recently received this unit (EB3A with V2057.11 & V2056.10 firmware).
My unit when used as a UPS, turns off for about 1 second every 37 minutes.
My Desktop computer, router switch and monitor reboot, except the monitor
simply turns back on. Bluetti seems unaware of this problem for the last 4 months. I would like to know when it is going to be fixed. – Doug

A few days ago the EB3A arrived, but it seems to me that it is a used station, since I see that it has some marks of use, I am having the same problem that they report, I have a mini pc connected to 230V and every few random times it cuts off the current a few seconds to turn off.
I have the ARM firmware version v2053.07 and DSP v2052.04, the versions that you say are more recent? how the hell is the rl firmware updated I don’t get any option to update on android.

This only happens in AC mode it seems that in DC it works fine.

I have realized that using dc mode the consumption is 18-20w, but in AC mode it goes crazy 40-80W by varying the voltage a lot. however if I put a smart plug it says that the consumption is 20-25w

The EB3A doesn’t use a charging brick. I plug the EB3A into the 120 volt outlet using the supplied power cord. I turn the unit on and then plug in the AC load. I then activate tge AC mode.

I own an earlier, initial release, EB3A powering 2 similar low AC load devices and it has run flawlessly since day one.

@Solar2go Have you updated the firmware on this “newer” eb3a by chance?

Both EB3A are using the same firmware. There is no new firmware update listed as available on either unit. Both are running ARM v2057.11, DSP v2056.10. One works fine. The newer unit goes into overload when pulling only a 47 watt AC load.

1 Like

@Solar2go Ahh… alright well if its going into overload when only trying a 47watt load, I def think you might have an internal issue going on and I would email @BLUETTI at service@bluettipower.com

I’m sure they’ll be able to get you taken care of. Keep us posted

In fact, it goes into overload with a 27 watt AC load. This makes no sense for a 600 watt inverter.

1 Like

@Solar2go you’re right. & I actually have my EB3a in-line between a standup freezer unit in my garage, that’s worked flawless when the power has gone out a few times. And that’s with the amp-up/power-lifting feature on as well, as it’s needed for that initial surge of the compressor.

@Solar2go
My firmware versions I have the ARM firmware version v2053.07 and DSP v2052.04 seem to be much older, how can I update them? I have android and the most modern version of bluetti app

For several days now my EB3A has been working flawlessly. No overloads and no UPS switch-over delays resulting in unexpected router reboots - same exact devices and loads ~40W. Very interesting.

@Piradoxlanieve with the new v1.31 Bluetti app you can only do a firmware update when logged in with an account. You can’t use guest mode. Once logged into, tap on the gear wheel and select the firmware option at the very bottom.

It would be nice if Bluetti listed what the newest firmware version is for each model, perhaps with a change log listing what it fixes. That would be a great for customer service.

And while we’re at it. I haven’t seen any firmware updates since July 1, the verions both of my EB3A are running.

If I have tried, what you say, I have the latest version 1.3.1 play store, with the account logged in, I click on firmware upgrade, but I have no option to update.
ARM v2053.07 DSP v2052.04 @bxm6306

I also have problems with UPS shutting off. Latest was when plugged into AC and unit recharging from 90% and running tv when it hit 100% it cut ac power for few seconds causing my TV ~100watts to shut off and restart itself to main opening screen.

Also this morning woke up to a red overload warning on screen… TV was off… Only standby mode.

My firmware ARM v2057.11 DSP v2056.10

My use case mostly UPS… And eventually CPAP for family member. BLUETTI, please fix asap. Thank you.

I am having the same issues here. Getting the overload setting once every 1-3 days with a less than 20W load. If this is not resolved soon I am going to contact customer support and get an exchange or refund. The UPS function is very important to me.

Same situation. Overload fault shutdown on a daily basis running a 40W Starlink. I contacted Bluetti and received a refund after returning the unit. I figured mine was a fluke since I could not find any problems in a google search. I bought a new one to replace it. It took 3 days…Overload again running a 40W Starlink. I do not have anything plugged into it currently but I do have AC switched on just to see what happens if it only charges with no load. The fan keeps cycling on every hour so I set it to silent mode. So far so good, but now it is just an emergency battery. I like this unit, I do wish it was more reliable. On a side note, I have an AC50S that has been working flawlessly for 6 months running a modem and router at 45W, this is not recommended by Bluetti since it does not have true UPS mode, and it also does not have Bluetooth link to the app, yet It works just fine for this small job. It may be a better option for CPAP and Modem/router backup.

I have similar issues regarding the UPS feature. See my other posts. UPS is poorly implemented but could be fixed with good programmers and a firmware update.
*** Is Bluetti working on this?

2 Likes

New member here, my EB3A worked fine for the first 30 hrs as a UPS for my entertainment centre, drawing about 100 watts.now I’ve had 3 total shut downs,one with the overload warning. Firmware up to date,very disappointed as it was the reason I picked this model.

I hope they are working on it. I have invested about $4000 in Bluetti equipment with no issues. The EB3A problem was a surprise and disappointment. It is funny how so many people, including myself, like this little unit despite its problems.

No good with a CPAP. I tried the EB3A that was going into overload in UPS mode when connected to a cable modem/router and a hive wi-fi node to my alarm clock and CPAP, just to see uf it nade any difference. It shut off with the overload med inveter error in the middle of the night. There was no warning of any kind that indicated a potential problem. Don’t use the EB3A with a CPAP if you value your life!

Time to get the U S. Consumer Product Safety Commission involved.

1 Like