UPS Problem on EB3A

@VoxMan, there will be only 2 firmwares to update, one will be Arm, current version 2057.11 and then Dsp v2056.10. It may be best not to have the power cord plugged in or any devices plugged into the unit when doing this, Just keep your phone close to the EB3A, don’t let it go to sleep or interrupt the upgrade process, and should take less than a minute to do. Once you do the Arm update, the station will reboot, then you can do the Dsp one. Congrats on your power station. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First thing I did, updated all 3 firmware updates immediately.

I did test the UPS feature on the EB3A and it work flawlessly. Plug in my ac powerbar into the Bluetti unit. (Just used one plug on the unit). It was connected to Wyze cameras, Modem, Router and Apple original speakers and some minor devices.

It switch without no issues. However, you would probably need to have ECO mode off, otherwise it will shut down if not sufficent wattage is used/monitored.

The only issue I experience is the fan buzzing/high pitch noise. I end up returning it but did not replace it, as I will wait for another 6 months for it. I need for another project planned.

Bluetti responded well, provided paid return label and issued a refund. (Thanks Bluetti!, good service.)

In the meantime, I have the AC200MAX which so far has pass all my real world usages and testing.

1 Like

Thanks @Jayling, I’m looking forward to receiving it!

In fact. after being notified that my order containing my AC200Max + B230, a PV350 solar panel, and the EB3A - I raced home to make sure not to leave the items outside - I discovered only ONE item of the order shipped…

Then, after opening, I find that Bluetti only shipped the power station …and when I opened it Innow find they shipped the WRONG power station!?

I specifically ordered the AC200 Max BUNDLE (200Max + B230), I received ONLY the (wrong) AC200P…!?

I just sent an email to service@bluettipower.com - asking for an RMA process…

Not off to a good start. I think I’ll look for a thread where this has happened - and post this - or start a thread.

Thanks @Vinman! I’ll concentrate on updating the firmware!

Right, i have not had an AC interruption since updating to .11 ARM and .10 DSP. Mind you there some other quirks with percentage of battery left not being accurate but for the UPS BYPASS it seems to be stable still for me.

Question: How are you determing that the percentage of battery left not being accurate.

When I had the unit, in UPS mode, it will drop below 100%. As the unit is consuming wattage (10% is common) and it won’t charge until it drop to a programed percentage. Off hand I can’t remember the figure.

I never notice or seen any indication that my display was wrong?

@Jayling & @Vinman Thanks for the tips guys, just completed both updates! I will be on my way to testing soon!

2 Likes

Hello folks,

It appears that I have the UPS problem as well, on my EB3A. The failure used to be once every 3-4 days, but it progressed from every 12 hours, to every 4 hours, now it has been only 3 minutes
from resetting the device. So, the purpose of adding to this conversation, is to lend my voice to the group of folks that have failures.

The failure has the EB3A turned off. Touching any button to turn on the display, shows the red “OVERLOAD” on the display, as well as the “AC” icon. It takes one my touch of the AC button to remove/reset the “OVERLOAD” text. Since the EB3A is still connected to the grid, the “UPS” icon is displaye. One more touch of the AC button (that makes 3 times), to turn on the AC port, and continue to use this powerstation.

When it goes into failure, room temperature is 74 degrees F, and only 4 feet from the AC register, which is putting out 55 degrees F.

The EB3A case is warm to the touch, and not excessive heat. The load is a modest 65w - 78w, and the devices connected are:

Cable modem
Router
Security DVR
Network hub

My current Firmware:
ARM: v2057.11
DSP: v2056/10

I will contact Bluetti Service, to see if a RMA could be started on this device.
It was purchased on July 13, 2022.

If anyone can think of anything I can do to further test/fix this powerstation, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Kurt Sandy

1 Like

Lilbigbear, Is it in Standard Mode with ECO turned off? Mine did exactly the same thing until I took it out of Silent mode. It has been working without interruption for about two weeks.

newcx, It was in silent mode for the longest time, 4 failures. I changed it to Standard Mode, one failure. It has always had ECO mode turned off since day one. I have since, discharged/charged completely with Standard Mode selected. So far no failures.

BUT, I did notice something, purely by accident. While checking the app - talking to the EB3A, it had shown that the unit was now pulling in 335w, SOC was 98%, fan kicked in for about 25 seconds (sounded gravely and labored to get started). Then the Grid input went back to 70w, AC output back to 70w. All, with no failure.

I will continue to monitor.

Thank you for your input!

Kurt Sandy

@Vinman & @Jayling

Argh, I just got home from a business trip and made a bee line to test the EB3A - and discovered I did NOT have an AC charging cord - but a solar MC4 cord to barrel charge….!?

I’m working with service…can’t run the tests if battery dies & I have no way to recharge!?

The AC charging cord is the same as any AC cord you would use for a computer or monitor. Do you not have a spare AC cord, should have came with it as well on the bottom of the box in a white rectangular carboard container. Easy to miss. Check the bottom of your packaging.

1 Like

I’ll check in the am - I know it did not come in the bottom of the brown cardboard shipping box - I’ll check the bottom of the white EB3A.

Since I received a solar charging cord - I’m wondering if maybe they accidentally included the wrong charging cord ?

It is most likely on the bottom of the white box, check for a cardboard container. The solar charging cable is free with the purchase. You hook that up to solar panels but make sure the panels are in parallel not series as you can damage and exceed the 28V limit.

1 Like

@Vinman - You were right (again)! The AC cord was in the bottom of the cardboard box - strange location - but I should have seen it!

What size panels are recommended? I have one set of the PV350’s and was thinking about adding another PV350 and one PS200 so I can also charge the EB3A?

Bear in mind the max input on the EB3A is 8.5 amps so all you need is to generate around 20 -28V max under load keeping in mindit will drop.

You can’t use the PV350 as the voltage exceeds the max limit and will damage the EB3A. What are the specs of the 200 watt panel? If it falls within the specs that is what you will want to use.

1 Like

That may be an issue…the PV200 panels specs say 26.1 V at 9.7A…may have to drop down to the PV120…

I also have a couple of old/small Harbor Freight panels that could give me about 75w.

Kinda disappointing - glad you said something - I typically like redundancy - but the EB3A was more of an impulse, as it was just right for my CPAP…

Actually, Bluetti has bundled the PV200 with an EB3A - looks like a sale item:

https://www.bluettipower.com/products/bluetti-eb3a-portable-power-station?variant=42957317275867

Apparently, it will work!?

PV200 will be fine and you can connect as much panels you want in parallel but anything over 8.5A will be ususable. Also if one panel has a lower voltage rating than the other it will drag down the voltage overall. Ideally you wan to find about 200W input with the highest voltage under 28V you can muster.

The PV350 you just can’t use. The voltage output on that exceeds 28Vs.