UPS Problem on EB3A

Well, thank you for sharing.

Anyway, UPS has only one meaning to my knowledge, otherwise must be notified clearly of what Bluetti mean with their “UPS”.
Who was looking for a UPS, I think needed an uninterruptible power source and not a close to it.
I’m pretty sure that whoever was looking for a UPS and bought it, like I did and I see finally I’m not alone with my issue, never thought that someone will create some new definitions of UPS meaning.

It is months that I’m emailing the support that, instead of being clear, is just wasting time asking for a foto or video proof. This issue is a fragment, not even a full second. I had to stay in front of it till I finally can prove it, and the answer was to check my grind frequency and app update that is already at the last version.

I think the only solution is to request legally what is going to damage by these interruptions when there is no support at all.

Welcome to the forum @Funky !! So are you having issues with your EB3A and not performing as you expect while running it in “UPS Mode”?? @BLUETTI likes for users to take a quick video clip demonstrating any issues that might arrise to help their support team diagnose potential issues and come up with a solution. Sometimes it can be simple user errors that can be remedied easily and sometimes it could be a faulty component and need to be sent back in for repair. Its hard to get this info thru words or even pictures as these units have alot of tech involved in them.

I for one have been using my Eb3a unit as a “UPS” 24/7 for nearly a year now running my home modem/router. They have a switchover time that is <20ms which is incredible and fast enough for MOST electronics, BUT and like I was saying above… there are some electronics that require a faster switchover time. I for one, have yet to have any issues or run into a situation where the eb3a wasnt able to perform as expected, so I genuinely would be interested in hearing more about your use case and your issues.

Generally, if a customer is having an issue with the UPS not working or something, a quick 10 second video could be made pretty easily. You could do this by showing the eb3a plugged into the wall, a output load (such as an office fan or something) plugged into the AC output of the eb3a and turned “on”, and then simply pull the charging plug out of the wall outlet. The AC output (such as an office fan in this example) should continue to be running.

And @Funky if you feel like you have been receiving the runaround from the @BLUETTI_CARE support team, I do apologize for that and will do what I can to help, so please give me your original ticket number from your communication with Bluetti, and I can try and reach out and see if things could be addressed more promptly.

Thank you Mike for the welcome. I’m not the type to jump on forums just to comply but is becoming so frustrating. And, honestly, I feel “comfortable” reading that this issue isn’t happening only to me. I did the video at least, well, not easy as it was less than a second, and didn’t have any way to control when it can happen as sometimes it go ahead for hours and sometimes I saw it happen twice in 1 minute.

The weirdest thing is that it worked fine for some period (like months), till one day It started giving me this headache.

At least, “lucky” I bought only this model, as I was looking for a full house backup doing the upgrade…

@Funky Just sent over a PM to you and tagged @BLUETTI and @BLUETTI_CARE for ATTN.

I wanted to add also… have you made sure that your eb3a is up-to-date within the firmware versions? I would double check within the app and write down/screenshot the version numbers, along with your specific units SN (serial number). I would imagine you’ve provided all this info previously, but I would recommend to double check everything (firmware releases have been administered ever so often) and also have your order number/information ready on hand for the support team. TIA

1 Like

Bought my EB3A refurbished from their official eBay seller/store, just got it 5 days ago. Serial begins EB3A223500XXXXX with firmware showing ARM: v2057.11 and DSP: v2056.10. Sitting at 100% charged, plugged into AC input, in UPS mode, ECO mode OFF. Powering a mini-pc in sleep mode, pulling less than 1 watt (when running it’s around 10 watts), wake up to ‘OVERLOAD’ with mini-pc shutdown. While stuck in overload the battery had drained about 10% down to 90% capacity. Cycled the AC output off then on then off to clear the OVERLOAD status. It started charging and got back to 100%. Turned on AC output, but left the mini-pc shutdown. So it was at 0 watt draw; found it showing OVERLOAD again this morning with battery down to about 85%. To be clear we’ve had no power outages at all, and it’s showing OVERLOAD with between 0 to 1 watt being drawn against it. This sounds like a somewhat common occurrence reading thru here…

@psharkauburn The firmware version v2056.10 is the latest for Europe, please contact the support to repair the EB3A.

This looks like the right place to be. I have not received my unit yet but I bought it for the UPS feature. I will need to see what my firmware version is when it comes in. I returned a deeno gt s1500 because the UPS feature would drop after 30 min or so which made it less than useless as a UPS or a power supply, and it sounds like this unit has the same issue. UPS’s have been around a long time, and if you can’t build a unit that works like a UPS then don’t advertise it has UPS. We’ll see, maybe my unit will work fine, I’ll post back the results in about a week.

Funny thing, reading the UPS issues here it sounds EXACTLY like the Deeno s1500 issue I was having, do you think they use the same Firmware? Hardware? Controllers? I know often manufactures buy parts from the same source and build their own units with it…hmmmm.
One more thing: I bought the unit from Home Depot and this is part of the description:

** Reliable UPS - EB3A instantly provides backup power when the grid fails, protecting your desktop PC, file servers and other sensitive devices from data loss or damage*

Got my EB3A Today, turned ECO mode off, UPS mode on, have my emergency TV in the basement hooked up to it in UPS mode, and it’s working just fine. It has not switched off the AC inverter, it does not seem to have any weird discharge/recharges issues as some have reported. The older TV, Chromecast, soundbar combo draws about 10W when the TV is off, and about 280W when on. That give me less than ab hour runtime which is less than I would like but then it’s a small unit. As for the UPS mode it seems to work fine. I don’t know if I will trust it with my computer but I have convectional APC UPS’s for that.

Just purchased EB3A here in Philippines and having UPS problems stated here on forum, UPS will not stay on and this is why I purchased the unit to keep my internet modem running during our frequent blackouts. hoping to find a solution before having to return this unit as unusable… firmware is ARM 2063.02 and DSP 2052.10

I bought EB3A specifically for its UPS function in May 2023, but the AC output keeps shutting down. So it has been sitting under the table collecting dust. I have contact services and got a DSP firmware upgrade to for 2056.11 to 2056.13 in June, but it didn’t help.

Is there a fix for this? If not, can I return the unit? It never worked as claimed.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Contact Bluetti for an RMA. They’ll eventually replace it with a refurbished unit that was returned by someone else that will probably have the same problem. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting one that works.

They’ll either sell your returned unit, as is, on Ebay or look at it, declare it fixed and send it out as a refurbished unit to the next sucker

I have 2 EB3A and was an early purchaser of sn AC200P. The first EB3A works fine and the second one overloads the AC inverter when using the bogus “UPS Mode” with a massive 14 watt load.

I will never buy anything else from Bluetti. They’ve managed to destroy their brand and their reputation.

I switched to permanent solar panels, hardwired 48 volt inverters and 48 volt rack-mounted Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.

1 Like

It is possible that EB3A have an UPS issue. In my family, we bought 5 of these back in March 2023 and 3 of them exhibited the “Overload” issue when powering 30-40W of equipement in UPS mode. This error can occur in a few hours, or after 2 weeks for the failed units. My other 2 units never have the problem and has been running solid for >6 months. Seems hit or miss. I wonder if the problem is fixed now.

Sadly, yes. I have one that goes into “overload” with only a 17 watt AC load. I can only use it standalone with no AC connected (pass-through). It really doesn’t have a true UPS circuit (bypass relay). This was my second purchased EB3A. My first one, which was a pre-release purchase works fine.

This has been an ongoing issue with the EB3A, pretty much since its release. If you do a search here, you’ll find many posts with this issue.

Buyer beware!

It’s been over a year since I started this thread. In that time I have four EB3A’s now. All 4 of them had problems with using them for UPS backup for things like modem, router, lights, security cameras, iMac, etc. They’re all on the latest firmware. So I had given up using them for the UPS ‘feature’, but throughout the months, I’d try one unit then another for certain equipment. Eventually, don’t ask me how, but I did get 3 of them working with the UPS. It took some swapping around with different equipment, but eventually did somehow work. The last one was a real pain in the butt, but every few months I’d try it again, and finally found that it would power the security cameras equipment, though the unit constantly, every few minutes, starts it fans up - pain in the ear it is.

Anyway, like I said, all I did was mix-n-match with different equipment and for some unknown reason all 4 are now working as UPS. I’ve had several blackouts during that period and everything stayed working, which was really nice. But I would Never recommend the Bluetti EB3A for UPS - go with another brand for reliability.

That’s too much work trying to figure out how get get your defective equioment to work properly. Bluetti totally owns the mess they created. I certain that they’ve lost trust and customers over this.

I know personally of several that have moved on to other brands that don’t have these issues.

1 Like

Just signed up to say this.

I received my EB3A just a week ago. I ordered it to use it as UPS for my PC. I went with this one as this is the only one with high AC output wattage. I had been reading this thread before trying to connect my gaming PC and was a bit worried about the PC being turned off while playing games and corrupting files.

Finally, two days ago I decided to plug my PC into EB3A and use it as UPS. The computer has been running since. It’s been almost 48 hours and no problems so far. No turning off the PC while playing games (around 330w) or idling (120w). Also, I’m checking the app and it’s 100% charged all the time and only uses the same wattage it passes through for the PC (Grid to AC). I unplugged EB3A multiple times from the wall and it kept running even at 330w load. The battery status goes back to 99% and again back to 100% when plugged back into the wall.

So, it looks like all the UPS problems are solved. (At least for my situation) The firmware it came with is ARM: v2062.03 and DSP: v2056.13

Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. It was hit or miss for me back in March 2023. My failure time for overload at 30W AC output ranges from 4 hrs to 1 week. The one unit that doesn’t fail has been running for 6 months.