Turning off ac300/b300

The biggest problem I am having with my ac300/b300 is there seems to be no way to turn them off without first having to disconnect my solar panels which I have plugged into both the the two inputs on the ac300 and the single input on the b300. If I don’t turn off the system then it drains my battery which with the limited sun exposure I have can take days to fully charge despite 1950 watts of panels I have. CurrentlyI turn off the system about 6:30 pm when I usually am down to about 20 watts of input. There has to be a way to shut the system down without having to remove my solar panel inputs every time?

@Xmitman
Sorry, as long as the solar panels are connected and there is voltage to activate the machine, there is no way to turn it off. The only way to turn it off is to unplug all input cables.

@Xmitman I have used one of these to enable turning off of solar input without the need to disconnect. Maybe something like this will solve your issue?

Thank you. I will try this product. But ultimately the easy way for Bluetti to solve this problem is to have optional cables with switches on them close to where the cable is plugged into the ac300.

1 Like

Easy solution to this problem. Just make optional cables with switches on them close to the end of the cable where it plugs into the ac300 and b300. It appears there are third party switches I can use on the ac300 for about $30 each as another member has responded. But I would have to patch in the connector end for the b300 solar input. Please refer this suggestion to your product development team.

Xmitman has a point. Future Bluetti units should supply such switches in the unit or with cables, since the MC4 connectors have a molded on warning not to disconnect with power running. The current flow can reach 20 Amps depending on the photovoltaic source, and the arc at the disconnected point can permanently damage the contact inside the MC4 connector. Professional solar energy installations add a switch panel to disconnect the current safely (I did this myself on my installation).

But most switches are installed on the roof for panel maintenence, so a local switch array, switches on the power station units, or what Erebus suggested is needed.

2 Likes

I know what a pain that is to unplug everything first. Unless it’s really important I just wait until dark, then it lets me shutdown.

I occasionally have to reboot the system for things like the touchscreen won’t go back to sleep.