There's Another Firmware Update for the EB3A (July 14 2022)

history: I don’t own, and have no intention of acquiring a smartphone. no, I don’t live in a cave and eat dead rats. have a eb70s, very happy with it. eb3a just arrived today. is it useable without updating software via smartphone? (I have a MacBook laptop no app available) if not, I’ll just leave it packaged and send it back.

Yes, although I recommend testing all features you plan on using.

would be nice right,

bxm6306, thanks for encouragement and suggestion. out of box, unit taking solar and car charging (I have eb70s, thus cables), ac charging and ac/dc output. no glitches, looks good.

so, I’m guessing this thread is about app rather than manual control.

2 Likes

@mkbgdns That’s exactly right. As consumers we should expect products to work out of the box as they were designed to. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to ensure a fully tested and usable product is shipped initially.

2 Likes

How do we get a price match when Bluetti doesn’t respond to my emails?

1 Like

I can confirm that if you leave devices plugged in while updating, the DC unit will not work after the update. It won’t charge my DC devices now. :frowning:

You’re saying that your EB3A’s DC outputs (USB A, USB C, cigarette lighter port and DC 5521 barrel) will not output any voltage when turned on now?

1 Like

Exactly. But after a few hours, the issues fixed itself. I can’t explain how nor why!

1 Like

Likely your unit just needed to be restarted after the firmware update. You can fully turn it off by long pressing any of the buttons, else, the unit will be in standby mode. After some time it will eventually fully power off.

1 Like

My recent EB3A arrived however the AC cord is dead, doesn’t charge the EB3A. I borrowed AC cord from other EB3A and wax able to charge up the newer EB3A. @BLUETTI how do I get a replacement AC cord that works for my newer EB3A?

Hi Roxie, sorry for your inconvenience. Please provide your order number, I will ask the relevant colleagues to help you register the replacement cable and contact you by email. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @BLUETTI for offering to help me get the power cord replaced. Here is the order ORDER BLUETTI-US40495. I look forward to hearing back from Bluetti.

Hi Roxie, I have contacted our relevant colleague, they will contact you via email, please check your email and when you have free time to reply. Thank you.

1 Like

I will try that suggestion thx

Update: just wanted to report to the community Bluetti service reached out to me today via email as promised and @BLUETTI is shipping a replacement AC cord tomorrow. The original AC cord that came with the EB3A was dead on arrival. I’ve never had that happen before with other Bluetti purchases. I have been using another EB3A cord but it will be nice for each solar power station to have their own. Thanks Bluetti.

1 Like

Hi Roxie, thanks for your kind reply. Hope you are going well. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. We will always be here to help our backers.
Thanks for your support and trust again. :laughing: :smiling_face:

Replacement power cord arrived. Thanks @BLUETTI .

FYI they did not request the failing power cord be shipped back. But my curiosity is getting the best of me, why would a brand new AC power cord not work? I literally have never had a failed AC power cord for any device i purchased.

What is the latest firmware for the bluetti devices? Is there one place we can look up latest firmware w/o creating separate or looking thru various threads? Thx