Technology Used to Isolate AC Ports on AC100Max

This may seem to be a bit of an anal question to many, but I’ve been involved in a debate on an online discussion forum with a very knowledgeable gentleman who was involved in establishing safety standards for EV’s.

I am in the UK, where our system works with an earth. I realize the US is different. This stuff is over my head, but I’m just interested in clarifying the situation - I have no concerns about the safety of the equipment and I know it’s fully certified safe in the UK.

The debate centred around a POTENTIAL (albeit highly unlikely to occur) situation where electric shock could occur in either one or both of the following situations:

1. When using TWO generators to power two separate appliances. If in the unlikely event that BOTH appliances are faulty and you’re touching both YOU would be the path of least resistance and the entire charge from both units would travel though you

2. When running one device from a generator and one from the mains the situation described above could also occur.

So I guess the question I’m asking is:

What is the mechanism used to protect the AC sockets from this kind of scenario? It’s fine to answer in technical terms - it’ll go over my head but I can pass it on and get him to explain it in more depth.

Here’s his latest comment about that - it might better explain what I’m getting at:

"It’s entirely possible to do it inside the generator - they just don’t seem to mention it as one of their protection functions (or maybe they do - I haven’t read the manual myself).

That’s what the people talking about earthing seem to be most concerned about. I’d also be interested in the implication of using the system in a property with a live connection to a TN-C-S system (particularly under lost-neutral conditions)."

@bluetti - or anyone?