T500 AC Adapter still keep working FANs even after 100% reached

Hello,

I have bought recently AC200MAX and noticed that T500 AC Adapter does not turn off its very noisy cooling FANs even when battery is fully charged (100%) and green LED flashes.
Is it expected behavior or my T500 is broken?

Thanks for the answers!

Thats normal. I put mine on a countdown timer so it will shut the darn thing off after X amount of hours depending on how much charge is needed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D3QEK4E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks a lot @eric102 for the answer!

I thought about a similar solution as well, but this is only a workaround and solves the problem partially. The process can’t be automated and depends all the time on end-user decision and, of course, battery level.

I’m wondering why developers of the T500 decided to apply such solution. Keeping FANs working all the time independently on the load and actual temperature of the device is wierd.

They saved money on cheap components to provide a efficient and eco-friendly solution, increase overall lifetime of the device, but finally they will get tons of broken devices having problems with their FANs and angry end-users who have to use 3rd party power supplies and listen for this hell-noise.

1 Like

I have the T400 as well which is silent since it doesn’t have a cooling fan but it’s a bit slower at 400w and it does get pretty warm/hot. If I’m not in a hurry to charge I tend to use it or I can combine it with the T500 to get 900w of charging to speed things up.

2 Likes