Surge Capacity for AC200

I saw something on the Bluetti Facebook page stating the surge capacity for the AC200 is up to 4800 Watts for up to 2 minutes. Can someone pleas confirm this and if so also confirm if it is the same for the AC200P?

Thank you, here is the article -

The information you have above is INCORRECT. The Bluetti AC200 and AC200P have a split second surge capacity of around 4,000 watts. That is for a tiny fraction of a second to keep from instantly tripping.

The usuable inverter capacity specs are:

Load greater than 2,500 watts…Overload trips immediately
Load between 2,000 and 2,500 watts…Overload trips after 2 minutes
Load 2,000 and less…Maximum operating load for the unit.

4 Likes

Thanks Scott, it’s good to know the real capacities, not misinformation that is floating around the internet. Even if it does sound good!

1 Like

I have also seen that 4800w as a surge amount. Didn’t make sense with a 2000/2000 inverter. It does add to confusion when trying to make a wise decision

I saw these posted on the Bluetti Facebook page -

and

Clearly showing 4800 Watts. Doesn’t say for how long though.

The surge capacity is a momentary small fraction of a second surge. The most overload you can run is 2500 watts for two minutes or less.

2 Likes

2500 watts for two minutes is a reasonable results…I’ll test that

1 Like

Please have Bluetti proof EVERY PAGE on their site!

Perhaps you could be more specific…Is there a particular portion of information that is in question?

Scott,
I meant that copy-proofing the site seems a primary issue when myriad Forum users can quote the Bluetti site with non-current information.
Tho other sources remain uneditable, of course, I/we expect the *official site to be accurate and up to date— especially when many users are struggling with all the requisite data to assemble an informed purchase.
I’m an AC200 super-early-bird buyer.
All the Best,
C

Old thread, I know, but relevant.

I recently bought an EB200 (MillerTech) partially because of the stated 4800W peak rating, thinking I would have plenty of headroom for anything I’d be likely to want to power. The reality is the heaviest load it’s likely to see is a Samsung french door fridge. I haven’t found specs for my specific model, but it looks like comparable fridges draw ~700 running watts but I’ve no idea what the startup power requirements are.

Is anyone successfully running a big fridge with their Bluetti?

My 29CF Samsung fridge has a running wattage in the low 100’s and I think the highest surge was around 700w. I can run it, a second fridge and a gas furnace with no tripping issues on my AC200P.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I found the max amp draw for mine quoted at 6A which makes it look doable, assuming that covers the LRA of the compressor. Too bad there’s no way to shut of the auto defrost when running on the batteries.

Will you describe how you have set up your AC200P to run your gas furnace? Im trying to identify safe options for running my gas furnace safely and as automatic as possible off my AC200p.

Thx

Roxie60,

I actually have transfer switch for the whole house as mine is pretty small. I have 2 plug’s that divide the house draw. When I transferred the power to the AC200P I didn’t have too much on. Then I waited for the boiler to come on and watched the power draw. If I’m not mistaken, it was only about 350 watts or so.

1 Like

My gas furnace is on one of the generator transfer switch circuits. When the power goes out I can connect the AC200P to the transfer switch, nothing is automatic, I have to be there to do it.

1 Like

Installing transfer switch next on my list. Better than running extension cords all 9ver the house…wink

Thanks for the replies