Solar Solution for AC300

Contacted support about possibly over voltage on my PV for AC300. They said I must have burned it out and asked what error code do I have.

I wrote back that I have no error code and have a 9.3v read out on DC1 and DC2

No response from support yet.

So I took my array and my 2000 watt inverter and I plugged the AC300 into that.

So my solar array now works my inverter which charges the AC300 and no PV issues to worry about.

Not easy to see what AC300 is doing or if PV is working and phone calls are impossible and obviously email isn’t a priority either.

I guess my rig will work and it didn’t cost me any more money since I had the set up already.

1 Like

Hi @Dom , Thank you for sharing.
May I ask what are your solar panel parameters (wattage, open circuit voltage, series and parallel)?
If you can specify your solution, we would appreciate it. :blush:
Thanks in advance.

SPECIFICATIONS

Max Power at STC: 100W

Open Circuit Voltage: 24.3V

Short Circuit Current: 5.39A

Opitmum Operating Voltage:20.3V

Optimum Operating Current:4.93A

Operating Temperature:-40°F to 194°F(-40°C to +90°C)

Maximum System Voltage:600 VDC UL

Maximum Series Fuse Rating:15A

Output Cable:14 AWG 2 ft (0.6m) long

Dimensions:1100 x 509 x 35 mm (43.320.01.38 in)

Weight: 6.5 kg (14.5 lb)

Material and workmanship warranty:10 years

Performance Warranty:5 year 95% output warranty 10 year 90% output warranty 25 year 80% output warranty

opc:

Dom DeSantis
Facebook@DomDBuilder
DomDBuilder@gmail.com
Be Safe!
dadesantis@msn.com
Remodeling & Home Repair
717-961-6509

I’m trying to find out if the MPPT is even working. I have had several AC faults codes 025 and 026 but I found the 110 plug on the AC300 had come apart and may have caused shorts.

My MPPT problem may have been caused by my over voltage mistake but I have had no error codes and I do get a 9.3v reading from the AC300 DC1 and DC2 plugs so maybe it’s NOT burned out.

It was at 100% charge when I connected the over voltage.

I did hook up two panels only and let it discharge to 30% but it never started the MPPT.

I have 10 panels and can hook up any way you suggest.

It’s 6 panels at 130-140 volts and 5 amp right now.

It’s either a bad unit or I’m just not doing something correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Dom DeSantis
Facebook@DomDBuilder
DomDBuilder@gmail.com
Be Safe!
dadesantis@msn.com
Remodeling & Home Repair
717-961-6509

During summer you may get away with 130 to 140, but when the cold weather arrives, it will be much more thabn 150 vots. So, best to remove one panel before cold weather.

The mppt should shut down at 145 volts. Remove one panel, in event it is peaking at 145 volts.

There are online site that will give you the results of your input when -40 temperature (u can choose). Volts and amperage.

Also, I don’t expect the solar would have burnt out your unit, as it is claimed it has over voltage protection. If it did get burnt out, then the protection failed and should be covered under warranty.

Started to see such failure reporting online. A concern?.

Mppt not working. Happy to send in. Can you issue a repair order; shipping label. Etc.

Thanks

DOM

Dom DeSantis
Facebook@DomDBuilder
DomDBuilder@gmail.com
Be Safe!
dadesantis@msn.com
Remodeling & Home Repair
717-961-6509

Hi @Dom , sorry for inconvenience caused.
As you need to return to the factory for repair, this will require contacting support team via service@bluettipower.com for further resolution, thank you very much for your understanding.

Thank you

Dom DeSantis
Facebook@DomDBuilder
DomDBuilder@gmail.com
Be Safe!
dadesantis@msn.com
Remodeling & Home Repair
717-961-6509

Anything we can do to expedite the return. There’s a lot of money sitting on the floor doing nothing.

Thank you,

DOM