Solar Panels not charging AC200P with single panel - normal?

Direct Sunlight - no clouds - 9am in mountains

I’ve tested all 3 200 Watt Bluetti Solar Panels individually - and I’m getting approx. 25V per panel (shown on the LED screen) - This is low right? Because the manual said I need between 35v and 150v. This LED screen also says I’m getting zero Input Power (Watts), meaning I can’t charge the unit on a single panel. Is this normal? Or do I need all 3 daisy-chained? Because when I do connect them together I get approx. 60v and around 420 out of 600 possible Watts input (presumably that will go up as the day progresses towards noon).

Can someone please let me know if this is normal, or if I’m doing something wrong?

Cheers

Normal, you need at least 2 connected together, preferably all three. 420 watts is pretty good for 3, I typically get about 75% of the rated panel watts in good conditions.

1 Like

Oh whew - thanks! I was worried something was faulty or I was doing something wrong. Is this because separately the volts aren’t high enough?

When you connect multiple panels in series the voltages of the individual panels will add together and the available voltage will be the summ of all connected panels. In your panel situation, two panels minimum are required to meet the 35 volt volt minimum for charging to begin.

You guys are great! Thanks very much for the answers :slight_smile:

Thanks for this information. I just bought a unit after watching soooo many hours of research videos for the right generator and dexided on Bluetti, but none of the videos by the people testing it ever mentioned that charging on 1 panel is impossible…they just assumed it would take three times as long. It would have been nice to know this when I purchased the AC200P and only1 panel. I’m not a rich man and now need to save for another 6 months or so and eating Ramen noodles. Seriously, it would have been nice to know. Thank you for this sight, I was so clueless about it not charging after spending $2300

It is not impossible to charge with a single panel. The DO50S charge enhancer accessory raises the voltage from a single panel to 58 volts which will allow charging. It is available on the Bluetti site under accessories.

The single panel charging is mentioned numerous times in this forum and also the facebook forums as well as being listed in the owners manual specs as having a minimum 35 volts needed for charging. The truth is, you will be more happy with multiple panels even though it will cost more but a single panel will be painfully slow charging and not of much use.

Thank you. Very grateful.
Peace and love :heart: