Solar panel question

The 200P states the solar panels need The open circuit voltage of AC200P to be between 35V-150V, please make sure solar panels’ open circuit voltage is in the range.
My question is if I have 3 x VOC 21.5 panels does this give me the required voltage or does each of my panels need to be in the 35-150v range?
Thanks

If you connect your three panels (or two for that matter) in series you will receive sufficient voltage to operate. If you connect the three in parallel, you will only get the voltage of a single panel and you will not see any charging. You must also selecte “PV” in the settings screen to charge from panels.

I would recommend reading this short article on mixing/combining solar panels (Mixing solar panels – Dos and Don’ts • SOLAR POWER SECRETS). It helped me a lot to get the basics for what I was wanting to do.
If you connect in series you will have 64.5 VOC.

1 Like

I am looking to ask a question about a certain panel. From what I understand, 2 of these in series would work to charge my ac200p, although they are not 12v panels. Is my understanding correct?

Correct. Two wired in series (or parallel) should work fine.

Thank you! And since these aren’t 12v panels, do I need to invert it before reaching the Bluetti? I’m a total electrical/solar newbie. Thank you for your patience

Not sure what invert it means, but you should be able to connect directly to your AC200P. Just make sure you have PV selected in the settings screen on your AC200P or you will get no charging.