Shipping by GLS

I ordered and paid for a Bluetti B230 expansion battery on the 18th May 2024 for delivery at my office in Germany. Surprisingly, this was shipped by a useless British courier company GLS from France. Who knows why it was even shipped from France and not from the German office. GLS lied about attempting delivery on the 27th May, stating consignee was absent. The office is open for deliveries every weekday and I received three separate deliveries from other sources on that day. Subsequently, GLS failed to deliver and the product appeared to be lying about in some “parcel shop” of theirs 2km from the delivery point for over a week whilst I was out of the country, but delivery perfectly possible all this time. Now (7th June), GLS have decided to return goods to sender. Absolute and complete absurdity and stupidity. No-one can tell me when I will get the goods that I have been expecting for nearly a month. So, beware Bluetti shipping policies and the idiots they use for transport such as GLS. But then GLS is a British company, so what can you expect.

@Worshipful.Grand.Master We are sorry that this shipping left you with a bad shopping experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and we will take it into consideration as we work to make enhancements in this area.