Seeking under-desk storage shelf for EB70S

I’m seeking an under-desk “shelf” for an EB70S (or similar-sized battery, like the upcoming AC60). I want such a shelf to support:

1. easy “slide in, slide out”

2. power connections “on the side” (see photo below)

3. essentially: support the battery in this photo immediately UNDER the desk, instead of immediately ON TOP of the desk (the way it looks in the following photo):

Rigs I’ve seen thus far do not work for me.

Most of the for-sale-online shelfs/contraptions I’ve seen thus far support “taller” rigs that’s a more-permanent install of a PC tower, or some such, eg: amazon.com/dp/B01MEDE9WO
The above things are less attractive to me.

Rather, I’m interested in something like this:

amazon.com/Oeveo-139-9-75W-Computer-Computers-UCM-139/dp/B01LYBCO39
…but MUCH TALLER (~10" or more for the 9"-tall EB70S) and with some BIG hole(s) on the side for the power connections.

• Do any such things exist?

I’m okay (within reason) of cobbling some different parts together. So all brainstorm-y suggestions are welcome, because right now I’ve got nothing that’s suitable.

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

@johnnyutahh Welcome to the community!

1 Like

This?
Server type rack or audio equipment rack.
Maybe even run to the hardware store and grab some angle iron, bolts and paint and customize your own?

2 Likes

Interesting. This is the kind of creative feedback I seek, thanks @YardGuy!

1 Like

I am now leaning towards getting qty-2, super-sturdy hooks that I screw into the understide of the desk from which I can hang the EB70S by its handle.

Does anyone see a problem with this “hanging from the handle” method?

Not in theory. It should be designed to hold it’s weight right? I can’t remember how heavy the EB70 is, but if the hooks are sturdy enough it should work out.

2 Likes