PV Parallel Enable

Could someone please explain the difference between PV Parallel Enable On and Off.

I can not find anything on it in the manual.

Thanks.
md

Hi @MikeD , I am sending you the diagram on PV Parallel Enable On/Off for the AC300 version. Similarly, the EP500/PRO versions just have different PV inputs.

Ok, maybe I am just confused by the term “parallel” in this instance.
I am running 2 separate PV arrays each is in series to maximize voltage potential within the 150v maximum for each separate array. It is my understanding that both arrays are powering charging the unit separately and in the off setting. What am I not understanding here…? Would I need to turn this setting on if the arrays were wired in parallel? Or am i mistaken about both arrays charging the unit with it off like I have it set?

sorry I don’t understand.

Hi @MikeD ,
The difference is that when the PV parallel mode is off, the maximum input is only 1200W. DC1 is connected to a solar panel and DC2 is connected to a solar panel, so the two channels add up to 2400 W. When the PV parallel mode is set, the two channels can be connected together to a solar panel with more than 1200 W and less than 150V.

Hope it will help.:blush:

@BLUETTI

Ok, so I was told I could put online 2 arrays each individually running no more than 150v up to 12 amps. 1200 watts each array maximum for a total 2400 watts going in.
Is that correct and if so what is the correct setting PV parallel mode off or on?

Thank you for hanging with my questions and helping me understand this correctly so I don’t screw up my unit.
md

so are you saying that with PV parallel mode is set to on, that the DC2 input is not connected, that DC1 now has a limit of 24A, up to 150V, and up to 2400W?

@lschiedel Your question was directed @BLUETTI and not me I’m thinking?

yes. i was hoping he would confirm my impression.

1 Like

Hi @MikeD , Right. One way to connect one solar panel, single way up to 1200W, two ways to add up to 2400W, PV parallel mode off.

@BLUETTI
“When the PV parallel mode is set, the two channels can be connected together to a solar panel with more than 1200 W and less than 150V.”

So, the purpose of PV Parallel ON is if you have a single solar array that produces over 1200 watts but less than the 150v and 12 amps OR two series arrays that combined in parallel would also come under the 150v 12 amp limit but producing over 1200 watts.?

@lschiedel asked and now I also wonder “so are you saying that with PV parallel mode is set to on, that the DC2 input is not connected, that DC1 now has a limit of 24A, up to 150V, and up to 2400W?” I would assume this would possible if software and hardware are internally reconfigured by changing the setting to PV Parallel Mode ON in this case and it is somehow utilizing both MPPTs as one combined system to handle the single large array which for example could be 3s2p using both channels coupled instead of 3S *2 using the two channels independently of each other. I hope this makes sense as I am relatively new to the modern technology we have in solar vs 20 years ago when I was studying it. LOL

Hi @MikeD , yes it is right.
DC1 is still limited to 12A, and the parallel mode is to connect both DC1 and DC2 together.