PV 350 Panel Extension cables

Wondering how far away can I set this up before I have a REDUCED draw CHARGING BACK TO THE Main AC 200Max

DC voltage drop could/would occur - depending on a few things, including distance - hard to say without knowing.

I found this website that may help you work out the calculation:

https://pvpmc.sandia.gov/modeling-steps/3-dc-array-iv/dc-wiring-losses/

I use 10 awg (6mm2) cabling to extend. Also, I wrap the cable in a white sleeve to reflect off the hot sun.

Link: https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B094JQPZ7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&language=en_GB

1 Like

I ordered a 30’ cable from Amazon with MC4 connections - I then charged my AC200Max with a Bluetti PV350w solar panel on a partly cloudy day. Due to mostly cloud cover, I saw varying results - but up to 323w of input - I don’t think I noticed any appreciable losses due to distance.

Here’s a link:

Geosiry Twin Wire Solar Panel Extension Cable - 30Ft 10AWG(6mm²) Solar Extension Cable with Female and Male Connector, Solar Panel Wire Adapter for Home, Shop and RV Solar Panels (10AWG 30FT) Amazon.com

PS. The PV350 is an incredible beast of a portable panel. Compared to the SP350 it generates at least 10% more power. I registered 357 Watts on an average sunny/sometimes-cloudy day. On youtube I saw someone showing +/- 400Watts of power out of the PV350. Probably during an optimal moment. From my experience I’m convinced it can reach it.

3 Likes

Hi @Michael , Thank you for your positive feedback on BLUETTI PV350. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This question is likely rudimentary for most of you here, but I’m new to solar:

If I link a PV350 and a PV200 to charge my AC200Max & B230 - will I be able to count on 550w solar input or will I be regulated to 400w ?

I need the PV200 for a solar charge option for my EB3A, but I’d like to also use it to help re-charge the AC200Max/B230.

Thanks!

Hi @VoxMan , Different models of solar panels cannot be connected together for use due to their different internal structures.
One PV200 can be used to charge EB3A.
It is recommended to use three PV200 in series to charge the AC200MAX+B230.